Author Thread
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/5/2005  6:48 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

a week ago Briggs was feeling warm about this team. He said we will make the playoffs and have a good squad. Lithium man
Who you talkin' to? No one disputes what you said about Briggs' a week ago. His view of this team covers the whole range of possibilities and changes as often as most people change their underwear; I'm sure you're right that at one point he said it was a playoff team.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11-05-2005 6:44 PM]

You and Briggs just aren't getting along lately, huh man?
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/5/2005  7:23 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

a week ago Briggs was feeling warm about this team. He said we will make the playoffs and have a good squad. Lithium man
Who you talkin' to? No one disputes what you said about Briggs' a week ago. His view of this team covers the whole range of possibilities and changes as often as most people change their underwear; I'm sure you're right that at one point he said it was a playoff team.

I'm not a big fan of the two Mr. Knowitalls on this web forum. I'm sure they're good guys in real life but it doesn't surprise me that they (along with Dido, whom I've never had any disputes with) were top 3 in that recent "shut up" poll
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/5/2005  7:24 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

I'm not a big fan of the two Mr. Knowitalls on this web forum. I'm sure they're good guys in real life but it doesn't surprise me that they (along with Dido, whom I've never had any disputes with) were top 3 in that recent "shut up" poll

Two know-it-alls? Hmmm... don't trash on Martin and Andrew like that. Those two are the man... er, men.
Bonn1997
USA
11/5/2005  7:30 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

Two know-it-alls? Hmmm... don't trash on Martin and Andrew like that. Those two are the man... er, men.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/5/2005  9:40 PM
My God! And this is only about 2 games? Whats next? Apocalypse?
Knicks_Fan
FrenchKnicks
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #147
France
11/5/2005  10:26 PM
We have been waiting so long for the season to start and now it's over already? We haven't even seen Bruno Sundov on court yet... oh wait
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/5/2005  11:09 PM
Posted by oohah:
My personal opinion,what I mean by hedge, is that if we are not good the next two years--even if we hit the number 1 pick in the draft--its chicago's--forget the 2nd round picks--

And what if we don't get the number one or a lottery pick?
if ANYONE think that potentially two top 10 picks or higher are worth less than David Lee, you are out of your gord.

Are you talking about the value of the picks themselves? Or the players? How can you judge the relative value of players who don't "exist" yet to players who do?
1-2 players CAN change a team around, it happens EVERY single year.

True, but very infrequently are those players rookies...

David Lee is NOT that type of player, he is an undersized 4 who cant shoot, hes could be a nice complimentary piece who brings athletiscm and energy, but he is no high caliber prospect.

I agree with that, I think people have been a little over-excited about Lee, like he is the next coming of Tom Chambers. Once again: How is David Lee undersized?
Sometimes, especially with this organization, they just go for the now--everything is now, and I understand what i am saying here--knowing lee is young and also can be considered a future asset for the knicks, but we didnt trade him at the hedge of a much higher prize.

But you are describing a very risky hedge...it requires that that the Knicks are terrible and then they have to pick a great player who turns it all around. Not likely.
Exactly why we didnt take bynum, and exactly why were not very good.

If he plays here, I think Lee will help this team more in the next 3 years than Bynum will help his.
One thing at a time here. I like Devin Harris,

Ain't no way we are getting Devin Harris. He is Dallas' point guard of the future.

[quote]I do know Dallas will need toughness and a guy like antonio davis MIGHt be the difference for them, add in Lee and nate for some yoot to add it up with kvh as the trade $.

We give Dallas a guy about to retire and two unproven players for one of the bright young talents in the league and an established player like Van Horn? I really don't know if Mark Cuban likes crack....

It seems to me that the type of player we need, the type of player you have described, somebody to ease Marbury's scoring duties, someone to help the Knicks rebound and handle the ball--->(Church Lady Voice) could it be....ANTOINE WALKER!!!!

Remember when we argued about that for a week? You gave me all sorts of candidates who would be better for us...including JOSH McROBERTS, MIKE SWEETNEY, and STROMILE SWIFT. I noticed you ignored my Antoine Walker thread BRIGGS...So did you tomverve.

oohah

I didn't notice your antoine walker thread, I dont know what you wrote, but my opinion on him doesn't change, I don't like him.

i think sometimes things might appear good on paper before a season starts, happens in every sport. every fan gets excited, of course they WANT their teams to do well. but the realization comes when you see a team like washington having you down 20 at home on opening night without one of their best players--

I think our hope for the future lies with eddy curry and frye. I think they need to really be brought along at warp speed. the rest of the team is a mish mosh mess. we needed those picks more than we need Lee. i think its possible we dont have the right combination of 1-2-3 players- i like ariza off the bench--kind of like a new age bruce bowen type who could eventually take a larger role. Nate should be a good spark plug once he gets his mid range j down-he has the mentality of a winner. the rest of the team is an expensive collection of castoffs that wont win--we needed a flush and fill--but we keep adding the mo taylors jerome james nazr's bakers malik rose tim thomas's why do we need picks/ because this organization sans curry's heart problem has had 0 success on anything but the draft. so if we had to give up lee to keep that hedge we shouldve. i think crydumps and I both like crawford, but i think we both realize he is done here with brown and who knows what will happen with brown isiah. larry brown even said he doesnt know who to play. i just hope he realizes that frye should start @ 4.
devin harris, probably no way to get him-just thought that maybe with terry being young as well, we might be able to entice them, but not likely. like i said the other day were more likely to end up with the kenny thomas's and theo ratliff's of the nba.
RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/5/2005  11:11 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

I can't believe your useing that tongue in cheek parody of a poll as statistical evidence to support your position!
Bonn1997
USA
11/6/2005  12:19 AM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by fishmike:

I can't believe your useing that tongue in cheek parody of a poll as statistical evidence to support your position!
can't believe you took my statement seriously

OAK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #957
Japan
11/6/2005  1:55 AM
i agree with briggs. i prefer to have the picks. it's not only a great bargaining chip in a possible huge trade involving ending contract(s), it could have meant us adding a solid young talent since I believe this team will suck this season (yes, lottery again).

Now don't label me a hater. I'm happy with the direction of the team. We're young and talented. We need to gel and mature as a team. Having LB here is great. The team is already showing positive signs like playing defense. It's just that we're gonna have to endure these growing pains. The East is getting better. And I think if things click early on, we could make the play-off. But realistically speaking, I doubt that.

Then again, maybe Isiah is counting on us getting picks when we deal Penny or AD.
Bonn1997
USA
11/6/2005  4:06 AM
i agree with briggs. i prefer to have the picks.
EVERYONE--absolutely 100%--would prefer to have the picks. It's not even relevant, though. The idea that we had a choice is a figment of Briggs' imagination, sparked by some newspaper article he once read.
JUNKMEIN
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #797
11/6/2005  4:35 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Brigg-A-Doom,

Be Cool!

Now if Lee is the real deal, who says we can't turn around and either by himself, or with sumthin sumthin get a pick for him?

I think I read that Isiah has burned thru 38 different players since he been here. No wonder that contract expert was fired last week, the boy musta been fried out his mind with all these contracts to deal with. Think it may be time to let these fella just get it together and grow as a T-E-A-M!

Briggy, I don't know if you just don't believe when Larry says its gonnna be rough at first. This was before camp even started. You gonna beleive Larry, or you gonna believe the fabricated internet circle jerk mentality that exists with internet chatter?

Did you really think we were gonna bust out from the gate?

I like how the game picker % is changing. Briggy think investments dude, you gonna run with the masses, or go the road less traveled and seek a deeper understanding? You sell when others are selling? How you gonna buy low doing that? take that cash off the sideline fool and jump in the game. stop panicking and regretting and get in the game.

You not see anyting last nite? I saw channing prove he can play! I say Marbs look stupid, and larry gonna show Marbs and if its gut check time marbs is gonna TRY to get better at what he sucks. With his contract, he ain't going anywhere but either to the dog house or be the maestro!

Stop lamenting about each deal. If we a lowly lotto team then we should not have tradded for Curry at all, thats the mistake, not speculating on our picks. Why get curry if you still think your gonna suck? If so, then lament on that thought!

Nalod, I ABSOLUTELY agree! You're a breath of fresh air around this place. If they go 0-82 the world will continue to rotate on it's axis (especially for those on the liquid crack)

ATTENTION, THE SKY IS NOT FALLING

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/6/2005  9:02 AM
[It seems to me that the type of player we need, the type of player you have described, somebody to ease Marbury's scoring duties, someone to help the Knicks rebound and handle the ball--->(Church Lady Voice) could it be....ANTOINE WALKER!!!!]

I look at a walker stat line and I get pissed. How good would his talent be at the three for our knicks
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/6/2005  9:14 AM
Trading lee for draft picks would be about the dumbest thing knicks could do. Lee is a player that we all can probably say will be more than servicable.

Still trading lee may need to happen if a trade comes along that makes absolute sense. Like getting xack and miles. I would admire lee from afar if we could get both. Channing is the man too and I would probably keep him than lee if it came down to it.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
11/6/2005  10:29 AM
for the record I agree with briggs, as in I don't think david lee showed enough potential to replace 2 picks, but I still think briggs is overreacting big time, there's still plenty of time in the season for the knicks to get their act together, and even more time for Isiah to orchestrate a trade the gives us draft picks.

[Edited by - slimpack on 11-06-2005 10:30 AM]
BRIGGS
11/6/2005  10:57 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Trading lee for draft picks would be about the dumbest thing knicks could do. Lee is a player that we all can probably say will be more than servicable.

Still trading lee may need to happen if a trade comes along that makes absolute sense. Like getting xack and miles. I would admire lee from afar if we could get both. Channing is the man too and I would probably keep him than lee if it came down to it.

No, they didnt trade Lee for picks, they abdicated the picks to keep Lee. I think it was a poor management hedge, one that some of the obtuse dolts will be crying over 3 months from now. It's quite easy to ascertain the validity that we upped the ante to facilitate the deal in contrast to the superscilious comments that the actions could not have occured.
Next we will hear a drivel-based diatribe on how this did not occur, that I am just imputing a factless account based on the charlatans of the media.
RIP Crushalot😞
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
11/6/2005  11:02 AM
BRIGGS, I'm totally with you here, but let's move on. This is at least the 3rd topic related to this.
Bonn1997
USA
11/6/2005  12:59 PM
It's quite easy to ascertain the validity that we upped the ante to facilitate the deal
Okay. If it's very easy, then let's just hear you explain it! If you can't do that, then don't expect many of us to take this idea of yours seriously.
King1
Member: #998
USA
11/6/2005  3:28 PM
You still think it is a steep price if DL gets clock this year he will produce that I can guarantee you
BRIGGS
11/7/2005  1:17 PM
Posted by King1:

You still think it is a steep price if DL gets clock this year he will produce that I can guarantee you

hes a quick jumper and he plays fundamentally well with toughness. I think he has earned the right to play 25+ minutes--lets see how he performs against zach randolph and other first line heavyweight 4s before we crown him, buthe, atleast to me shows much more toughness--in fact all the rookies do, then the $$$$$$ vets id rather have a tough guy on my team
RIP Crushalot😞
were going to pay a STEEP price for keeping david lee

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy