[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

were going to pay a STEEP price for keeping david lee
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/5/2005  11:32 AM
this is going to be a high lottery pick--we have very little means to improve and David Lee is inactive. why T f didnt they just give up Lee?

here ill offer Chicago a trade David Lee and Antonio Davis for Tim Thomas and all of our picks back
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/5/2005  11:34 AM
Briggs, I think it's way too early to say this is a lottery team. Obviously, there's a long learning process ahead for the team, but when the rotation is set, Q gets healthy and some of the guys are more comfortable (esp. Marbury, Curry and Craw and LB himself), things will be better.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/5/2005  11:34 AM
I still also say Lee will be worth it once he plays.
¿ △ ?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/5/2005  11:36 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

this is going to be a high lottery pick--we have very little means to improve and David Lee is inactive. why T f didnt they just give up Lee?

here ill offer Chicago a trade David Lee and Antonio Davis for Tim Thomas and all of our picks back

are you genuinely convinced that this team will not improve at all over the next 80 games based on the first 2 games? and that david lee will spend the next 80 games on the inactive list?
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/5/2005  11:40 AM
I've never seen a more sensationalist person. EVER.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
11/5/2005  11:53 AM
BRIGGS, this draft won't be that strong because of the age limit. If we do end up being a lotto team, the pick, which would probably be in the teens, probably won't get a stud. Maybe it will, but seriously, we are only 2 games into the season right now and we were warned that when Larry Brown first takes over a team it will take that team awhile to adjust. Lets wait a little longer before we even consider talking about this.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
BRIGGS
11/5/2005  11:58 AM

when i first realized we couldve just given them lee instead of the picks, i knew it was recipe for disaster. we dont have a hedge against failure

as far as the team--its going to take a .500 team to get the 8th seed
and i look at simple math ALL 5 teams in the central are in the other two division winners are in, so unless massive injury hits a team, we fight for the 8t seed again.

Sentaionlism-arent you the cat that said miami has no shot of coming up a tad lame --well they are already swimming in the creek.

you look at a team--what can change what can be our catalyst--maybe frye with 40 minutes that could truly change the team keeping curry in shape and out of fT--but this is based on something that has never happened
RIP Crushalot😞
tomverve
Member: #878
11/5/2005  12:04 PM
A day in the life of BRIGGS:

*Briggs wakes up. He looks out the window and sees it is raining.*

BRIGGS: Oh no, it is going to rain FOREVER. i can't believe I've been wasting all this time talking about the Knicks, i should have been preparing a shelter and supplies oh God this is bad real bad i am going to die oh God

Weatherman on TV: Good news folks, there's a jet stream on the way that will blow away this morning raincloud and make some nice afternoon sunshine.

BRIGGS: jetstream blah blah, you must not know weather, my daddy was a weatherman and we are DONE. why the f didn't i buy that umbrella?

BRIGGS's cat: Briggs, have you been taking your meds?

BRIGGS: meds are OVER-RATEd, besides i traded them for a high lottery pick

BRIGGS's cat: That wasn't a lottery pick, it was a lotto ticket!

BRIGGS: blah blah blah
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
s3231
USA
11/5/2005  12:06 PM
I'll admit that I don't like not having our first round pick this season just in case this doesn't work out. At the same time though, I think its too early to talk about this because we don't know how our team will do this season and because we don't know how good or bad David Lee will be as a player in this league.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/5/2005  12:06 PM
Posted by tomverve:

BRIGGS: Oh no, it is going to rain FOREVER. i can't believe I've been wasting all this time talking about the Knicks, i should have been preparing a shelter and supplies oh God this is bad real bad i am going to die oh God

Weatherman on TV: Good news folks, there's a jet stream on the way that will blow away this morning raincloud and make some nice afternoon sunshine.

BRIGGS: jetstream blah blah, you must not know weather, my daddy was a weatherman and we are DONE. why the f didn't i buy that umbrella?

Now now, off Briggs case. If the reports that we could've used Lee instead of picks (I'm skeptical about it) was true, then he has a good point. If we have a bad first year (entirely conceivable) under LB, we could give up a decent pick. I thknk he's more worried about it than the rest of us, because he feels a lotto pick could be better than David Lee. I'm not sure if a lotto pick in a weak draft would be better than David Lee, but it's certainly possible. It is the kind of thing that we should wait and see on. That being said, his arguments are certainly valid. :)

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/5/2005  12:07 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

when i first realized we couldve just given them lee instead of the picks, i knew it was recipe for disaster. we dont have a hedge against failure

and i look at simple math ALL 5 teams in the central are in the other two division winners are in, so unless massive injury hits a team, we fight for the 8t seed again.

Sentaionlism-arent you the cat that said miami has no shot of coming up a tad lame --well they are already swimming in the creek.

you look at a team--what can change what can be our catalyst--maybe frye with 40 minutes that could truly change the team keeping curry in shape and out of fT--but this is based on something that has never happened

1. larry brown having some time to assess, coach, adjust

2. 3 rookies and 2 2nd year players improving as they gain pt and experience.

3. several vets learning to play together - richardson, curry, marbury, taylor, james, crawford

BRIGGS
11/5/2005  12:24 PM
Posted by Solace:

[quote]Posted by tomverve:

Now now, off Briggs case. If the reports that we could've used Lee instead of picks (I'm skeptical about it) was true, then he has a good point. If we have a bad first year (entirely conceivable) under LB, we could give up a decent pick. I thknk he's more worried about it than the rest of us, because he feels a lotto pick could be better than David Lee. I'm not sure if a lotto pick in a weak draft would be better than David Lee, but it's certainly possible. It is the kind of thing that we should wait and see on. That being said, his arguments are certainly valid. :)

thats a terrible misconception that next years draft is poor, way off, not true, i really think it could be better than last years -last year just had that unbelievable depth deep in rd 2 and the hype of last year with HS kids.
RIP Crushalot😞
s3231
USA
11/5/2005  12:30 PM
I take back what I said about this draft likely being weak, after looking at who could be in this draft there might actually be a good draft pool. Again though, it is still way too early for any of this talk.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/5/2005  12:33 PM
I haven't looked at next year's draft, in all honesty (too early for that). I only said it was poor because the consensus has been for six months that next year's draft will be poor. If it isn't, then there's even more validity to Briggs's argument.
OldFan
Member: #446
11/5/2005  12:50 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Briggs - this is really speculation - we don't know what the trade would have included if Lee was involved. It was just reporters putting out information about what they thought would have constituted the trade if Lee was included.
OldFan
Member: #446
11/5/2005  12:54 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

How did you realize this? You read it right - you KNOW we could have given them Lee instead of the picks? I think you make a good point - I just don't believe the premise.
oohah
Member: #887
11/5/2005  2:01 PM
So what if next year's draft is better, worse or the same? Are we definitely getting a better player than Lee? We don't know how Lee is going to pan out, let alone a pick that whose position hasn't been determined, or how that theoretical player will develop.

Silly.

oohah
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/5/2005  2:07 PM
I SMELL PANIC :) Come on now after just 2 games we now are guaranteed the lottery? The Bulls started off 0-9 last year! A bad start is not that big a deal, as long as you can get it together and win some games. At some point in the season every team will have a bad stretch, so if you have it at the start you just have to make it up later. I still believe in the talent on this team and moreover this isn't about this year only. Its about the next few years.
tomverve
Member: #878
11/5/2005  2:12 PM
Posted by Solace:

That being said, his arguments are certainly valid. :)

I wouldn't bother wasting my time on The Holy One, but allow me to deconstruct this 'valid' argument for your benefit.

1. Speculation. Was it really the case that Lee could have been substituted for picks? It was reported in a newspaper report, but since when are newspaper rumors taken to be certain truth? Is Frank Isola the gospel now? Who amongst us really knows for sure what was on the table?

2. Uncertainty about the facts. The 2006 we send to the Bulls is conditional. Are we absolutely sure it is not lottery protected? If so, what credible source of information says as much?

3. Unreasonable extrapolation from small sample sizes. The Knicks don't look good in 2 games, therefore the Knicks will likely not look good for the remaining 80 games and be a lottery team? This is the same reasoning that leads one to regret having traded Maciej Lampe because of one good statistical performance in a preseason game. Far from valid, that is pretty damn weak.

4. Unreasonable reaction based on prevailing expectations. Sorry, but no *reasonable* person thought the Knicks would have all their sh!t together by game 2 after having brought in a new head coach and 9 new players to a roster that has 6 players 22 and under and 9 players 25 and under. In fact, it was most reasonable going into the season to expect a bit of a bumpy ride as a roster full of young players and short on veteran presence adapted to the demanding system of a coach whose teams historically get off to slow starts. We should have expected struggles early on, so anyone who goes into doomsday mode after we do indeed struggle for the first 2 games is not presenting much of an argument but is really just doing some glorified nervous hand-flapping. I'm not impressed.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
BRIGGS
11/5/2005  2:13 PM
Posted by nixluva:

I SMELL PANIC :) Come on now after just 2 games we now are guaranteed the lottery? The Bulls started off 0-9 last year! A bad start is not that big a deal, as long as you can get it together and win some games. At some point in the season every team will have a bad stretch, so if you have it at the start you just have to make it up later. I still believe in the talent on this team and moreover this isn't about this year only. Its about the next few years.

I agree in terms of the next few years. I like the curry/Frye frontcourt. I HOPE, I really do that LB makes Frye/Curry the number 1 theme--I dont know if it will take us to the playoffs this year, but it could. I hope they dont keep him behind the taylors and roses etc.... I dont want to make it sound like im bailing on this season, but unless misery hits certain teams, i think we are behind the 8 ball a little bit this year.

as for lee, id rather have all the picks, i still dont like an undersized 4 who cant shoot or block shots--hes not worth all those picks.

RIP Crushalot😞
were going to pay a STEEP price for keeping david lee

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy