[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

for all intention purposes, i think marbury is on his way out of town
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/5/2005  12:56 AM
How much are these Knicks “a work in progress”? Before the season’s second game -- the much-awaited home opener against the Washington Wizards -- Coach Larry Brown confessed “I have no clue about who to play. My heart does, but I don’t.”

all i can say is WOW. he wants to play the young guys and let them grow. i don't think he wants steph and/or Q there.

your thoughts????

[Edited by - djsunyc on 11-05-2005 01:00 AM]
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/5/2005  1:00 AM
you are paranoid...
The true Knickabocker..........
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
11/5/2005  1:04 AM
Forget what it means for a second, what the hell is LB thinking saying something like that? He's supposed to be their Hall of Fame coach and leader and he's saying crap like that? He has a bunch of young and impressionable kids on his team and he lets them know that he has no clue who he should play. Yeah, that'll instill a lot of confidence in the team.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/5/2005  1:06 AM
Posted by diderotn:

you are paranoid...

Agreed. The sky is not falling. We have a very deep team and figuring out the best players to play at once is difficult.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/5/2005  1:07 AM
Posted by islesfan:

Forget what it means for a second, what the hell is LB thinking saying something like that? He's supposed to be their Hall of Fame coach and leader and he's saying crap like that? He has a bunch of young and impressionable kids on his team and he lets them know that he has no clue who he should play. Yeah, that'll instill a lot of confidence in the team.

Good point.
Killa4luv
USA
11/5/2005  1:10 AM
BTW DJ, you mean to say: For all intents and purposes.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/5/2005  5:50 AM
Posted by Panos:
Posted by islesfan:

Good point.

I agree too. LB let his emotions get the best of him with that comment. It does sound like he wants to give the young guys minutes, but I don't think it was targetting Marbury's position, as much as say having to play guys like Jerome James, Mo T, Malik Rose, etc...
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/5/2005  6:42 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by diderotn:

you are paranoid...

Agreed.
Yup

JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
11/5/2005  8:37 AM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Panos:
Posted by islesfan:

Good point.

I agree too. LB let his emotions get the best of him with that comment. It does sound like he wants to give the young guys minutes, but I don't think it was targetting Marbury's position, as much as say having to play guys like Jerome James, Mo T, Malik Rose, etc...

Two (2) effing Games. I repeat, TWO Effing Games. This is Larry Brown we're talking about here not some run of the mill coach with no clout.

What you guys are yapping about in the quotes above is just more drama queen business. Let's get through November first and then we can talk more definitively about the status of our squad.

To state that the ramifications of LB's statement on the players is somehow going to affect their confidence....... You sound like little whiney girls

No, the Sky Is Not Falling

Read the Caption
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/5/2005  8:57 AM
You can't take everything Larry brown says serious. He loves to keep everyone off balance.

Good points from isles.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
11/5/2005  10:03 AM
LB is is a smart man. It doesn' really matter what he says, as long as he has considered the repercussions of his words. In this instance, it may be an inspiration to the young guys, that they aren't merely benchwarmers (that they have a legitimate shot at PT). It may in the same sense be a wake up call to the "veterans" to get their acts together. I think LB is aware of his comments and the effect on the team. He isn't some schlub off the street. He is a coach of coaches and a championship winner. I trust him.
That said, LB would have shipped Marbs long ago
This is the Randle.
OldFan
Member: #446
11/5/2005  10:20 AM
Posted by JUNKMEIN:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Panos:
Posted by islesfan:

Good point.

Two (2) effing Games. I repeat, TWO Effing Games. This is Larry Brown we're talking about here not some run of the mill coach with no clout.

What you guys are yapping about in the quotes above is just more drama queen business. Let's get through November first and then we can talk more definitively about the status of our squad.

To state that the ramifications of LB's statement on the players is somehow going to affect their confidence....... You sound like little whiney girls

Read the Caption

I agree! Except I think he might need more time then November.

Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/5/2005  11:42 AM
Posted by JUNKMEIN:
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Panos:
Posted by islesfan:

Good point.

Read the Caption

Zzzzz... so we should ignore what Larry says just because it's not November or December? Please. It's a bad thing to say AT ANY time of the season. Hang on man, I think I hear a kool-aid truck outside with your name on it. Geez, say anything even remotely bad about any of the Knicks (with the exception of Mo T., JJ and Malik) and you get the retard police on you.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/5/2005  12:34 PM
the quote continued:

Brown used every available player in the first half, further proof that the coach is struggling to find a rotation.

"I have no clue who to play," he had said before the game. "My heart has a clue, but right now I don't know if I'm being entirely fair about who plays, and that's the one thing I think every coach has to be. It will work itself out, I'm confident of that."
PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/5/2005  2:14 PM
"intents and purposes"
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/5/2005  2:24 PM
Really I don't know how you guys are going to make it thru the season if you're going to read doom into every quote from LB. He says a lot of stuff, but most of it even he doesn't really believe. This team just needs time. I actually think we have a shot to even up our record over the next 2 games. GS and Por are beatable teams.

Lets just calm down and see how things go before we go ballistic over every little thing. Let LB do his job. He's been here before with a new team and a poor start. There are 80 freakin games to go!!!
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/5/2005  3:30 PM
Posted by nixluva:

Really I don't know how you guys are going to make it thru the season if you're going to read doom into every quote from LB.
Yeah, seriously

Killa4luv
USA
11/5/2005  5:37 PM
Posted by Solace: Geez, say anything even remotely bad about any of the Knicks (with the exception of Mo T., JJ and Malik) and you get the retard police on you.
Check my nate thread, I know the feeling. Briggy called me an idiot who knows very little about basketball. LOL!!!!

MX25
Member: #555
USA
11/5/2005  6:59 PM
Islesfan is 100% Correct. Larry's comments the last week or so have been baffling. Sounds like a damn High School Coach.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/6/2005  1:15 PM
I think LB needs to move Steph back to the 1 and have Craw come off the bench as 6th man.

Line should look like:
Steph
Ariza
Q
Frye
Curry

2nd Unit:
Craw
Barnes
Penny? - Debateable
AD
JJ
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
for all intention purposes, i think marbury is on his way out of town

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy