[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Matt Barnes needs to go back to the bench!
Author Thread
BigC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #829
11/4/2005  9:35 PM
I think with the last two starts Larry really needs to start Ariza. Either Larry starts Ariza or Frye to bring the offensive and defensive energy at the being of the game not when we are down by 10.

[Edited by - BigC on 11-04-2005 9:45 PM]
BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/4/2005  11:25 PM
Trevor had an excellent game tonight, but I'm happy with Barnes so far. Solid defense, rebounding, although no shot. Either way I'm relieved he didn't get cut.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/4/2005  11:26 PM
I think both Ariza and Frye proved their points tonight with some strong efforts and solid performances. Channing was really impressive being so active on the rebounding department and we all know he can shoot. He can really be great in the future, but now he still may be the best option we have at PF. I know Larry plays the vets because he expects them to commit less turnovers and be more ready in tight spots in the final minutes, but he may soon have to accept the fact that his most talented players and the ones really ready to give their all for playing the "right way" are the rooks. Somewhere sown the road, Larry has to start Ariza and Frye. Both! We have shown to need offense, and Frye brings that. Also, as he proved tonight, he is going to work hard in rebounding and defense, something that Brown has to love. Ariza has his own ways to score even though he still has to work on his jump shooting. He is still one of the best defenders we have, and also one of the best rebounders.

I really believe that our best starting lineup would be Marbury, Richardson, Ariza, Frye and Curry. Barnes shouldn't play much. Neither should Rose. Davis will, and he is still important, but limit his minutes, we need him the whole year. Craw has to keep learning and show improvement soon because he is really in danger of being traded. Curry needs to get in game shape because we need him at least for 30 minutes a game. James has to freaking cut with those stupid, silly fould he gives up so fast. He seems to love to foul people and call it defense, but really good defensive players stay in the game for most of it. He is in real danger to lose his spot to Butler...
Knicks_Fan
attaboy2005
Member: #992

11/4/2005  11:50 PM
I think we will see Butler and Lee activated soon, Taylor and Rose are not really cutting especially Rose.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/4/2005  11:52 PM
Rose is terrible. I yelled about his terrible play all night tonite. He has got to go. He adds nothing to the team becuase he cant shoot or rebound especially well, let Frye take his minutes and Lee/Butler can mop up the rest.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 11-04-2005 11:52 PM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
oohah
Member: #887
11/5/2005  2:18 AM
I don't understand the purpose of starting Barnes over Ariza in the first place. Barnes has a much better jumpshot, and slightly better offensive skills, but Ariza's above-the-rim athletic ability, nose for the ball, and propensity for big plays makes him 'special'. There is nothing 'special' about Barnes.

Ariza starting, Barnes off the bench.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
BigC
11/5/2005  10:01 AM
Posted by Knicksfan:

I think both Ariza and Frye proved their points tonight with some strong efforts and solid performances. Channing was really impressive being so active on the rebounding department and we all know he can shoot. He can really be great in the future, but now he still may be the best option we have at PF. I know Larry plays the vets because he expects them to commit less turnovers and be more ready in tight spots in the final minutes, but he may soon have to accept the fact that his most talented players and the ones really ready to give their all for playing the "right way" are the rooks. Somewhere sown the road, Larry has to start Ariza and Frye. Both! We have shown to need offense, and Frye brings that. Also, as he proved tonight, he is going to work hard in rebounding and defense, something that Brown has to love. Ariza has his own ways to score even though he still has to work on his jump shooting. He is still one of the best defenders we have, and also one of the best rebounders.

I really believe that our best starting lineup would be Marbury, Richardson, Ariza, Frye and Curry. Barnes shouldn't play much. Neither should Rose. Davis will, and he is still important, but limit his minutes, we need him the whole year. Craw has to keep learning and show improvement soon because he is really in danger of being traded. Curry needs to get in game shape because we need him at least for 30 minutes a game. James has to freaking cut with those stupid, silly fould he gives up so fast. He seems to love to foul people and call it defense, but really good defensive players stay in the game for most of it. He is in real danger to lose his spot to Butler...

I could not agree with you more. AD has been playing good, however we need Frye's offense in the beginging of games. Frye can spread out the offense with his shooting ability and he can run the pick and roll. The pick and roll was our strongest element last year, yet we have not included it into our offensive plays that much this year. If we are going to run the pick and roll we either need a shooter like Frye or much less Mo on the court. Frye has play well yet his reward for play well has been him seeing more time on the bench.

As far as Barnes, he has been trying. The only problem is if you have AD and Barnes on the court the offense become stagnant. With AD and Barnes on the court it makes it hard for other players to score, because the person guarding either AD or Barnes know they are not a threat on offense.

BigC's Knick blogs and Knicks highlights after every Knicks game http://fromthebaseline.com/
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
11/5/2005  11:39 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trevor can really be a very good player in this league. People think he is just an athletic freak that can't shoot the ball, but they are dead wrong. He is a playmaker and brings intangibles that aren't seen in the boxscore. I think Larry has or is at least starting to realize this since he gave Trevor 30 minutes last night.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/5/2005  11:42 AM
Posted by s3231:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trevor can really be a very good player in this league. People think he is just an athletic freak that can't shoot the ball, but they are dead wrong. He is a playmaker and brings intangibles that aren't seen in the boxscore. I think Larry has or is at least starting to realize this since he gave Trevor 30 minutes last night.

agreed and hallelujah!
NewYorkSoul
Member: #855
Canada
11/5/2005  2:00 PM
anyone else think that Channing plays like Rasheed and that Ariza plays like Tayshaun?
David f'n Lee for President!!
oohah
Member: #887
11/5/2005  2:03 PM
anyone else think that Channing plays like Rasheed and that Ariza plays like Tayshaun?

No I don't.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
BigC
11/6/2005  5:54 AM
Posted by NewYorkSoul:

Channing has a long way to go before he is even close to Rasheed. Also Ariza is no Tayshaun. Tayshan can shoot 3's, has solid handle, and post game. These are areas that Ariza is lacking in the worst way.

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/6/2005  6:28 AM
I like the idea of Ariza and Barnes competing for time @ the SF. The competition will only make them bothe better, benefitting the team.
I'd like to see their numbers after a season of steady comp in practice vs eachother.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
BrilliantTruth
Member: #622
11/6/2005  9:22 AM
Yeah, cuz Childs' and Ward's competitiveness made them both better back in the day, right?

Both guys have talent, but neither have the complete game you need to be a starter in the NBA.
Wanted: Patience and Brilliance
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/6/2005  9:48 AM
Posted by NewYorkSoul:

Channing's and Ariza's upside might be Rasheed (in Portland) and Tayshaun but they have a long way to go to get to that level.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/6/2005  9:58 AM
Posted by BrilliantTruth:

Yeah, cuz Childs' and Ward's competitiveness made them both better back in the day, right?
did get them to the nba finals, right? and if it weren't for that day in miami . . .

Matt Barnes needs to go back to the bench!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy