[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Not to overreact, but with Brown here, I see Craw going VERY soon.
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
11/3/2005  4:32 PM
I'd trade Craw and Rose for injured Nene and Andre Miller.

Andre plays PG the "right way" and Rose is redundant and Craw is whatever...

Also, does anyone think Matt Barnes kind of looks like Allan Houston turned bad?
AUTOADVERT
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
11/3/2005  4:40 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

I'd trade Craw and Rose for injured Nene and Andre Miller.

Andre plays PG the "right way" and Rose is redundant and Craw is whatever...

Also, does anyone think Matt Barnes kind of looks like Allan Houston turned bad?

actuall i always thought that barnes looks kinda like rico sauve, anyway I'm surprised crawfords ego was so large that he complained about not starting, after playing as many minutes as he did and playing the way he did perhaps no he realizes WHY he wont start. Ive always thought of Jcraw as a very talented player but I dont think LB will adjust his system to crawford, infortunately I wouldnt be surprised if brown signs off on a trade for him or marbury by midseason
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
11/3/2005  4:44 PM
You guys are gonna advocate trading Crawford for another PG???

Wow...that would be awful.

Andre Miller is exactly the same problem. He's NOT a pure PG. He's also slower nowadays and his D isn't as good.

He has no outside shot. I'd rather have Crawford than him...

[Edited by - bobs3304 on 11-03-2005 4:52 PM]
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
11/3/2005  4:49 PM
I would trade Jamal and Barnes to Charlotte for Brevin Knight, Kareem Rush, and a draft pick.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
bobs3304
11/3/2005  4:52 PM
Posted by Knight:

I would trade Jamal and Barnes to Charlotte for Brevin Knight, Kareem Rush, and a draft pick.

Why would Charlotte take on his salary?
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/3/2005  4:53 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I don't see Craw starting here. Q and Marbury work too well together. Once Q is totally healthy, Craw will be shopped. He made the kind of turnovers in overtime that make Larry sick. Denver needs a SG who can score from outside badly. Melo hates Andre Miller. Denver signed Earl Watson and can't use him right now. The Crawford deal makes a lot of sense for them.
I started a thread about trading Craw to denver a long time ago, but of course we got NeNe back in return. I dont want Andre Miller, or any other PG, Steph is our Pg plain and simple and I think time will reveal that Larry thinks that.

rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/3/2005  5:05 PM
I like Craw. he's got tons of talent, and this year he's only getting like $6 or $7 mill.
all kool aid all the time.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/3/2005  5:22 PM
I agree with djsunyc - all players we have are with the flaws. And the main flow common for all them is - they are stupid. This Isiah likes - athletic, gifted... and stupid players.
His point is - players are the tools in the hands of the couch and GM. They can be manipulated and used as tools... I think it works fine in Football. Will it work in Basketball? Will see...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/3/2005  5:30 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

the reason why i wanted to get bynum was because i felt he could provide a defensive and rebounding anchor for many years, a guy who could play C and in his prime avg 18 pts 14 reb 3.5 blocks. Not Olajuwan, but a guy we could build a foundation of DEFENSE and REBOUNDING around. Even with eddie Curry--and look at the luck that we got him by, a heart problem---I dont know if we have anyone we can count on as a stallworth like thatbecause his weakness are defense and rebounding. Thats why the only plausible solution is to ESTABLISH a FRYE-CURRY frontcourt NOW--take the lumps with it, but establish it--if it WORKS--then the pieces that go around it wont be as hard to put together. Make sure they play the right way--whatever that is--I see it as playing time and making sure they do everything to rebound the ball

this talk about now dropping crawford--this is a bad cycle--because EVERY darn player Isiah gets--people applaud then want out. Thats why I believe Channing is so important, he is CRUCIAL a critical piece that MUST work

One thing I have noticed about isiah, he has only gone after the FANCY offensive player--the guy who can show signs of thrills, but lacks a FULL game--thats why I dont think we have a good match with LB--almost EVERY player on the roster is not his type of guy.

so now we gave up our darn draft picks s pent all of our money--and now the threads pop up tade crawford--if we trade crawford--where the fck is this plan going???? this was a stallworth aquisition from isiah--how can they let him go? Not me, I will keep him

Briggs, I'm not saying I WANT to trade Crawford. I don't like the idea. I'm saying I can see it coming.
¿ △ ?
SlimPack
USA
11/3/2005  5:35 PM
Posted by arkrud:

I agree with djsunyc - all players we have are with the flaws. And the main flow common for all them is - they are stupid. This Isiah likes - athletic, gifted... and stupid players.
His point is - players are the tools in the hands of the couch and GM. They can be manipulated and used as tools... I think it works fine in Football. Will it work in Basketball? Will see...

I think you mean "Coach". I'm actually kind of starting to wonder of getting LB was really a good move. Theres a chance that LB will try to turn the players on our team into something that they are not and wind up getting frustrating and leaving, also Zeke has a tendancy to pick up players that are either good offensive players or young players, will he stop acquiring players whom he feels are good in order to pick up players that brown wants? Also Im worried that Brown will give frye the darko treatment. Is it crazy to think that herb who's now 18-27, but might be a better fit for this team and this GM would have been the better hire?
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/3/2005  5:36 PM
You are exactly on point...I know chemistry when I see it, and the chemistry between Crawfford and Marb is just not there. Crawff couldn't coexist with Jay Williams when he was with Chicago, and both Jay and Marb has similar game. It is a waist of time and money to keep Crawff around. He is a good kid, but he just doesn't fit what we have. We need to trade him for a true PG, but not for Andre Miller because Andre is not a true PG,,,HE PLAYS JUST LIKE MARBURRY DOES. What we need is a backup PG type of player...

Posted by crzymdups:

I don't see Craw starting here. Q and Marbury work too well together. Once Q is totally healthy, Craw will be shopped. He made the kind of turnovers in overtime that make Larry sick. Denver needs a SG who can score from outside badly. Melo hates Andre Miller. Denver signed Earl Watson and can't use him right now. The Crawford deal makes a lot of sense for them.

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking Larry is not happy with Craw right now and wants his pure point guard. Miller fits that bill. So does Watson. So does Snow, obviously.

I'm not saying I want it to happen, I happen to not like the way Larry is running the team so far - there's no reason in the world to play Mo Taylor over Frye and Lee. Nor should Malik Rose ever play again. But I think Larry will want his pure PG.

The true Knickabocker..........
bobs3304
11/3/2005  5:44 PM
Posted by diderotn:

We need to trade him for a true PG, but not for Andre Miller because Andre is not a true PG,,,HE PLAYS JUST LIKE MARBURRY DOES. What we need is a backup PG type of player...

Andre Miller is pretty bad.

I agree though....any Crawford trade should give us a solid backup combo G that can play D and maybe a pick.

SlimPack
USA
11/3/2005  5:46 PM
Posted by diderotn:

You are exactly on point...I know chemistry when I see it, and the chemistry between Crawfford and Marb is just not there. Crawff couldn't coexist with Jay Williams when he was with Chicago, and both Jay and Marb has similar game. It is a waist of time and money to keep Crawff around. He is a good kid, but he just doesn't fit what we have. We need to trade him for a true PG, but not for Andre Miller because Andre is not a true PG,,,HE PLAYS JUST LIKE MARBURRY DOES. What we need is a backup PG type of player...

are you sure its a matter of chemistry? I think manu ginoboli hand tony parker ave chamistry with each other and tony is a score first pg, and manu is a sg with pg skills just like marbury and crawford yet the coexist very well, Ive always thought that crawford and marbury could coexist better if they had a better offensive system.

[Edited by - slimpack on 11-03-2005 5:47 PM]
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
11/3/2005  5:52 PM
Manu is a SG with good handling skills, he is not a PG;;;;Kobe, Vince, Tmack, Wayde are all SG with great handling skills also, and they know it. the problem with Crawfford is because he is not strong nor good enough defensively to guard anyone. All of the other guys that I have named above can all guard the SG position. that is why Crawff has to go. His presence on the roster will cause us nothing but issues, because he is a mismatch...
The true Knickabocker..........
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
11/3/2005  6:22 PM
Since Islesfan Said It, It Must Be Fact

Crawford stinks

Stinks? Isles, would you like the opportunity to tell Crawford that personally?

Marbury isn't the classic type of PG that LB demands

Marbury is the rare variety of a point guard who can create his own shot. Why not allow him more than a month to play with an entirely new team before you throw him under the bus?

Nate isn't a PG

Maybe not, but he certainly is fun. You have a problem with that?
once a knick always a knick
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/6/2005  5:50 PM
After three games, it's looking more and more like Craw will be the first to go in the Brown era. We need a real SG or a real PG, Craw is trapped in no man's land, he doesn't have a position and he doesn't understand his role in Larry's offense. He won't be allowed to freelance, he isn't a good enough shooter to spot up and he can't run the point.

I still say he's gone in Dec/Jan/Feb. Soon. I would preach patience and try to implent an offense where Craw is allowed to create on the wing or at the top of the key, but Larry has never operated like that and while I don't really like it - I think he's gone. Soon.
¿ △ ?
bobs3304
11/6/2005  6:53 PM
I've had time to think about it, and you guys are reading way too much into Craw's performance so far.

First of all, he's been given limited minutes off the bench, and alot of them at SG.

Just look at his body language.....LB has him under a microscope and it isn't conducive for making Jamal comfortable within the offense.

Also if you watch the preseason you'd know once Crawford is in the swing of things, he helps the offense gel and get in sync AT PG. Move Marbury to the 2, start Jamal at the 1, trade Q Rich (he's just not fitting in), and start Ariza at the 3.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2005  6:55 PM
Its sad but its true. Im really pulling for Jamal, but it hurts his case that one of our biggest needs is a better backup PG of a better backup SG. I think Larry can go with Steph and N8, so I would be more worried about getting a SG that shoots, something Craw is very insonsistent in.

Maybe, just maybe, Larry should stop trying to turn Craw into a 1 and focus on making him penetrate all the time, something he is more effective on...
Knicks_Fan
bobs3304
11/6/2005  6:55 PM
I also think it's fairly obvious Marbury can't/won't be traded for anything short of equal talent or significant cap space, and that in itself will be EXTREMELY hard to find.

So it comes down to Crawford or Q Rich....can't see us keeping both.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/6/2005  6:56 PM
i have to agree with bobs on some counts (did I just type that)...I don't know who this crawford, but this one is tentative and making mistakes playing the LB way.

i think he needs to be himself and let LB figure out how to use him and not try to play like someone less athletic and dynamic.

He will be find, but he won't be a starting PG in the near future...no way jose.
all kool aid all the time.
Not to overreact, but with Brown here, I see Craw going VERY soon.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy