[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Not to overreact, but with Brown here, I see Craw going VERY soon.
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/3/2005  2:37 PM
Crawford is TRYING to fit in, but he's pissed about the benching. I could see him going to Cleveland for Eric Snow or to Denver for Andre Miller.

I think Craw will be gone by January or sooner.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
Masterplan
Member: #362
11/3/2005  2:38 PM
where is this "crawford is pissed" news? i haven't seen it in any of the articles i've read. where are you guys getting this?
crzymdups
USA
11/3/2005  2:38 PM
Not Starting Disappoints Crawford
"Jamal Crawford sounded disappointed and angered that Larry Brown benched him in favor of Quentin Richardson as the starting shooting guard. Crawford looked crushed and didn't seem to understand the move. 'I'll be professional and be ready when my number is called. That's it.'" -- New York Post
¿ △ ?
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
11/3/2005  2:39 PM
Give it a few more games, maybe? Who's to say that Craw won't end up fitting in?
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
11/3/2005  2:42 PM
I've said it from the beginning.

In the long run.....you can't have BOTH Steph and Jamal.

1 of them has to go eventually.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
crzymdups
USA
11/3/2005  2:45 PM
I don't see Craw starting here. Q and Marbury work too well together. Once Q is totally healthy, Craw will be shopped. He made the kind of turnovers in overtime that make Larry sick. Denver needs a SG who can score from outside badly. Melo hates Andre Miller. Denver signed Earl Watson and can't use him right now. The Crawford deal makes a lot of sense for them.

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking Larry is not happy with Craw right now and wants his pure point guard. Miller fits that bill. So does Watson. So does Snow, obviously.

I'm not saying I want it to happen, I happen to not like the way Larry is running the team so far - there's no reason in the world to play Mo Taylor over Frye and Lee. Nor should Malik Rose ever play again. But I think Larry will want his pure PG.
¿ △ ?
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
11/3/2005  3:00 PM
Crawford stinks
Marbury isn't the classic type of PG that LB demands
Nate isn't a PG

So who's going to run this team the way LB wants because LB won't change his coaching style to fit these players.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
SkyWalker
Member: #814
11/3/2005  3:02 PM
I would trade Crawford for Miller in a sec but I'm sure Denver wouldn't do it. They would give us Watson instead. However, they do need a big man now as well so maybe Rose or Taylor would fit the bill.
Kenny SkyWalker
EWING33BXNY
Member: #625
USA
11/3/2005  3:11 PM
I would love to see Andre Miller in NY. The whole Crawford experiment TANKED in Chicago and I'm thinking why should it work here. Send this kid on his way. I was surprised to see him questioning LB about the starting line up.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
11/3/2005  3:12 PM
Since we're trading crawford, any chance we can pry melo from them? Craw, Rose (nene is adios) and a first round pick for melo?

just throwing out craziness, but one thing is for sure, any other coach that lets his players run and gun would LOVE crawford.
all kool aid all the time.
NotFrye
Member: #935
11/3/2005  3:13 PM
Might piss of curry, but we should get rid of jamal for a competent defender/decision-maker. I'd sign off on miller

[Edited by - notfrye on 11-03-2005 3:13 PM]
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/3/2005  3:17 PM
Too bad we didn't trade Crawford + picks to get VC last year.

That being said, Crawford is still a good talent and has fair value around the league. I wouldn't ship him out yet. He could make an excellent sixth man. His game has to be refined, though.

Still, personally, I think Marbury gets shipped out before Crawford does. We shall see.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
11/3/2005  3:19 PM
Why was Crawford so upset about not starting? I guess none of you told him that he was given $55M to be a backup.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
EWING33BXNY
USA
11/3/2005  3:23 PM
That being said, Crawford is still a good talent and has fair value around the league. I wouldn't ship him out yet. He could make an excellent sixth man. His game has to be refined, though.

A player willing to be the sixth man is the player who will make an excellent sixth man. He should've just known his role, be quiet, and come off the bench BALLIN' instead of BAWLIN'. Its game one and there is no reason any news like that should have been in the papers. CRAW is starting off on the wrong foot.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
11/3/2005  3:25 PM
Posted by EWING33BXNY:

A player willing to be the sixth man is the player who will make an excellent sixth man. He should've just known his role, be quiet, and come off the bench BALLIN' instead of BAWLIN'. Its game one and there is no reason any news like that should have been in the papers. CRAW is starting off on the wrong foot.

Absolutely. Hopefully it's not a recurring trend. If it is, I'll certainly retract my comment.

EWING33BXNY
USA
11/3/2005  3:30 PM
The potential for Crawford is there. He has one of the best teaching him the game and for him to act that way in front of the press is pathetic PLUS his performance. CRAW HAS the talent to kill second teams and he didn't take advantage from the start last night to help us. His game completely HINDERED us.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/3/2005  3:36 PM
Craw played 37 min.

Q played 22.

Maybe larry wanted to see him right away.

Remember that back thing everybody thought we got over on phx, well he looke like he got wrapped in the second half (back) and might just have problems.

It may work bett4er for a player with back problems to start rather than sit and get stiff.
crzymdups
USA
11/3/2005  4:01 PM
Posted by Nalod:

It may work bett4er for a player with back problems to start rather than sit and get stiff.

absolutely. the question is can craw handle it? and will Larry put up with Craw's decision-making?
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/3/2005  4:15 PM
the reason why i wanted to get bynum was because i felt he could provide a defensive and rebounding anchor for many years, a guy who could play C and in his prime avg 18 pts 14 reb 3.5 blocks. Not Olajuwan, but a guy we could build a foundation of DEFENSE and REBOUNDING around. Even with eddie Curry--and look at the luck that we got him by, a heart problem---I dont know if we have anyone we can count on as a stallworth like thatbecause his weakness are defense and rebounding. Thats why the only plausible solution is to ESTABLISH a FRYE-CURRY frontcourt NOW--take the lumps with it, but establish it--if it WORKS--then the pieces that go around it wont be as hard to put together. Make sure they play the right way--whatever that is--I see it as playing time and making sure they do everything to rebound the ball

this talk about now dropping crawford--this is a bad cycle--because EVERY darn player Isiah gets--people applaud then want out. Thats why I believe Channing is so important, he is CRUCIAL a critical piece that MUST work

One thing I have noticed about isiah, he has only gone after the FANCY offensive player--the guy who can show signs of thrills, but lacks a FULL game--thats why I dont think we have a good match with LB--almost EVERY player on the roster is not his type of guy.

so now we gave up our darn draft picks s pent all of our money--and now the threads pop up tade crawford--if we trade crawford--where the fck is this plan going???? this was a stallworth aquisition from isiah--how can they let him go? Not me, I will keep him
RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/3/2005  4:24 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

One thing I have noticed about isiah, he has only gone after the FANCY offensive player--the guy who can show signs of thrills, but lacks a FULL game--thats why I dont think we have a good match with LB--almost EVERY player on the roster is not his type of guy.

and therein lies the problem. what does isiah say when you bring up a really good player? "teams don't trade those type of players". when you mention that the guys we get have alot of flaws, he says "well that's why we can get them, b/c they have flaws."

so is our salary cap situation the reason the only type of players we can get are the flawed ones? would this problem still happen if we were able to somehow get under the cap and just kept our picks? is this how isiah thinks we need to operate based on our cap situation or is this just the type of player isiah targets?

whatever the case, we do get flawed players and we do pay them handsomely based PURELY on what we hope they could become with their tools, not by anything they've shown or proven to be over a long period of time.

Not to overreact, but with Brown here, I see Craw going VERY soon.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy