[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should Spree Go?
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/28/2002  2:32 PM
Though I don't think Sprewell should be traded since he is the leader of this team, what if a trade like Sprewell, Weatherspoon, and Eisley for Bonzi Wells, Dale Davis, and Shawn Kemp presented itself. The main thing would be Bonzi Wells, who is 6'8" and could turn into a player like Paul Pierce in the East. I'm not sure if Portland would accept this, but if the Knicks did that trade, then did the Thomas/Ward for Van Exel, and signed Keon Clark, they'd have a sweet lineup of:
PG: Van Exel (Williams)
SG: Houston (Postell)
SF: Wells (Anderson)
PF: McDyess (Kemp)
C: Clark (Davis)

That lineup in the East would be ridiculous, Chaney could run his uptempo offense and I think the Knicks would have a real shot at contending for the East. Wells would be the key though, as he would just be a younger, taller Spree.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
6/28/2002  3:11 PM
On paper that's a pretty sick lineup. I just don't like Van Excel. I think he'd run all over Chaney. Van Gundy would know how to control him, but not Chaney. I don't really like Clark, and dont understand why everyone's on his nuts all of sudden. Although, I guess I probably would settle for him over other centers that are available. He's a 220 lb center. There's 2 guards who weigh as much as him. I'd try to do everything to get Andre Miller at the point, and then do your Bonzi and Davis trade. not sure how we could get Miller after bonzi/davis trade, though
cuseman1
Member: #270
6/28/2002  6:32 PM
I'd love that deal! That lineup would be great!! However, even if it's not the deal that can be done, there has to be another one. Sprewell has to go for a center. That's all there is to it. And I totally disagree about him being the Knicks leader. He had Marcus on a leash, and that was about it. He is an anti-leader. The Knicks don't really have a "leader", but they will have a very good team if only Layden can trade Spree for a decent big guy.
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
6/28/2002  10:41 PM
I've reluctantly come to the conclusion that Spree should go. He's one of my favorite players on the team, but he's playing out of position. I'd rather trade Houston, but who'll take his contract?

So far as leadership goes, he wants to win and he always plays hard, but otherwise I don't think his leadership is too great.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/28/2002  11:18 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Though I don't think Sprewell should be traded since he is the leader of this team, what if a trade like Sprewell, Weatherspoon, and Eisley for Bonzi Wells, Dale Davis, and Shawn Kemp presented itself. The main thing would be Bonzi Wells, who is 6'8" and could turn into a player like Paul Pierce in the East.

Bonzi is listed at 6'5 and I don't think Portland would do this trade. Kemp's contract is huge but I think they'd rather see it expire than get Weatherspoon and Eisley's contracts. Wells is worth more than Spree IMO...
Should Spree Go?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy