[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Stop Bashing Layden
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/27/2002  5:39 PM
Practically all I've read since Draft Day is how Scott Layden is the worst GM. Hell, I was at MSG's Theatre and people were chanting "Fire Layden" and "Layden Sucks." Why? Layden made some great moves this draft. He received orders from his boss (Jim Dolan) to make this team get into the playoffs. His boss. What do you want him to say? No, let's rebuild. He can't, he'd get fired. And everyone I know doesn't like getting fired.

So he took orders from Spree (Get a big man) and Dolan (get us into the playoffs), got McDyess, a guy who could've played the entire 2nd half of last season but didn't want to risk getting injured for a team going nowhere, and could average 22 and 13 for the Knicks. He then picked up the Knicks point for the future in Frank Williams, who was a steal at 25.

Also, what would you want Layden to do? It's impossible to rebuild with this team. With Houston and his $20 million years on the horizon you can't even begin to think about rebuilding. It's worthless if you can't go all-out. So by at least competing he gives the fans competiviteness instead of years of mediocrity and "rebuilding."

So instead of posting things like "Layden Sucks" and "Fire Layden", we (myself included) should all be writing letters to Dolan saying how he should sell the damn team.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 06/27/2002 17:51:34]
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
6/27/2002  6:29 PM
Yep-

The real damage was done last time Scott made big deals...This time, he seems to understand the damage control that has to be done, and he's trying to atone for his sins. Dice is a good start for atonement...Knick fans don't REALLY want several years of Nugget-hood, always hoping that the next rookie will be Shaq...We're about scrappin'. So let's start the season.

Cheers-
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
prowler
Member: #135
USA
6/27/2002  9:54 PM
Here, here give the guy a break he did OK . He sure went in a total different direction that all of us was expecting but hey we are here what do we do bail out or persevere like the the true knicks fans that we are.
knicker for life
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/27/2002  10:00 PM
Layden did a nice job making this trade i can give him that. Hopefully he's thinking even bigger and can sort things out more. Picking up Nick Van Exel and Keon Clark seems like the best thing to do.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/27/2002  10:03 PM
Well said if anyone is not happy with the trade, they should blame Dolan not Layden. I personally like the trade myself, I just hope Dice's knees are 100% healthy so that they don't affect his incredible athleticism...
Stop Bashing Layden

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy