[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

what we need
Author Thread
nykman
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #55
Egypt
8/14/2001  10:26 PM
i think what we really need is not to trade ward for a center....all that will do is just give camby less minutes.........what would be nice is if we could trade ward or jax and harrington in some kinda three way trade that could get us and quality starting center or PF.....which makes our lineup this:

eisley/jax
houston/anderson
spree/anderson

and....

camby/thomas
"Good Center"/thomas

or...

"Good PF"/Spoon or Thomas
Camby/thomas

i can see that lineup in the finals.....
tell me what u think?...
i have my eyes on dale davis.....
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/15/2001  12:08 PM
Dale Davis is our best hope out of quality starting big men, but i still can't see it happening right now. Ward should still be traded for a back-up center. Understand that it won't take minutes away from Camby, but will just give him a break. You play the best player no matter what and thats why Camby won't loose minutes he should be getting. I would be happy to just trade Ward for Miller, Foyle, White, or Ostertag. All of those guys will see 10-15 behind Camby and maybe some minutes behind Thomas if there lucky. Thats the way it should be and most likely will be.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/15/2001  3:03 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

trade Ward for Miller, Foyle, White, or Ostertag

I don't know if any of those guys would be happy riding the bench for most of the game...ok maybe Foyle would. I want Felton filling this spot.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/15/2001  3:04 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Dale Davis is our best hope out of quality starting big men, but i still can't see it happening right now. Ward should still be traded for a back-up center. Understand that it won't take minutes away from Camby, but will just give him a break. You play the best player no matter what and thats why Camby won't loose minutes he should be getting. I would be happy to just trade Ward for Miller, Foyle, White, or Ostertag. All of those guys will see 10-15 behind Camby and maybe some minutes behind Thomas if there lucky. Thats the way it should be and most likely will be.
Mark Jackson and Othella Harrington for Dale Davis I say.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/15/2001  3:08 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

Getting Davis would be super, I just don't think Portland is going to give him up without getting a quality center in return.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/15/2001  4:04 PM
Posted by Andrew:
Posted by Caseloads:

Getting Davis would be super, I just don't think Portland is going to give him up without getting a quality center in return.
ESPN INsider says that Kemp is down to what?

And if he is down, maybe they'd be willing to part with Dale...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/15/2001  4:20 PM
caseloads - this, from the Insider:
"Shawn has dropped 45 pounds," Lucas told ESPN Insider. "But the difference is that Shawn has grown mentally. He's doing really well. He's going to be OK."

Kemp, who at times ballooned to over 300 pounds, destroying his game, left the Blazers toward the end of last season and checked himself into a drug rehab clinic. The move surprised many but it explained even more.

Kemp's game had disappeared, as had his life. He's getting both of them back.

"He was a groundhog," a NBA scout who has watched Kemp play this summer told Insider. "The first day he came in he could barely dunk. It was really sad. But, by the next week he could dunk. By the third week he could really dunk. And by week number four, my goodness, I started seeing the old Shawn."

"He's working out two to three times a day. He's come a long, long way. His body is coming back, as is his shot. He's totally committed. I haven't seen that from Shawn in a long, long time. He's going to be a force to reckon with next season."

I think with Portland, they always have to think about getting past Shaq and the Lakers. Without serveral big bodies to body Shaq and give fouls, they are not going to trade Dale or Shawn, regardless of the minutes they are not getting. And with Sabonis hinting at retirement, they are in even more dire need of another center. Any Portand-NY trade is slim (and we are talking pre-this summer Camby thin) to none.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/15/2001  5:53 PM
Portland is looking for a quality center with Sabonas likely to retire. They have a glut of good power forwards with davis, wallace, randolph, and kemp, but don't really have a pure, solid center. I can't really see us dealing with them straight up because we are looking for the same thing. Portland probably won't deal Davis to us unless we can supply them with a solid center plus extras.

If we were to have any chance to bring Davis to new york, we would probably need to organize a three team deal. With that being said, i think once this whole Rice situation blows over, we need to focus on dealing ward for a decent back-up center.
what we need

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy