Member: #2
USA
6/27/2002  2:48 PM
Posted by dadanyk:

i've read where this trade will ba announced come july 1

baker/williams are knicks

thomas/ward/knight are sonics

haven't found any sources yet still looking

Surprisingly, I'm kinda OK with this trade.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/27/2002  3:02 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by dadanyk:

Surprisingly, I'm kinda OK with this trade.

I agree it makes sense for the Knicks to get any kind of big man even Vin Baker and a point too. I like the trade Vin can give decent number and if he is happy he will definitely be a big plus. Baker goes back to being the 18-8 guy with Dice giving them 20-10 this is a potent line up for the Knicks and it makes it difficult for team to leave anyone open. If Spree and Houston do what they do you have four guys putting up numbers. Both Williams would bring quickness to the team at the point. This team will go far in the playoffs maybe even to the finals. But if they don't start out the gate fast then I can say only one thing Tank the season.
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
6/27/2002  3:15 PM
Posted by dadanyk:

Why should we want williams? we have guys/ Eisley at the point.

I'd rather Seattle take back Eisley/Weatherspoon and Anderson/Harrington for Baker/Williams.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
6/28/2002  12:02 AM
I like this trade also because Williams (Shammond) is quicker more athletic than Eisley. According to what I am hearing from Chaney about this new uptempo style of play both Williams' are better adapted.

My lineup would be kinda decent

PG S Williams, F Williams
SG A Houston, L Postell
SF L Spreewell, S Anderson
PF A Mcdyess, C Weatherspoon
C V Baker, Harrington or free agent
C V Baker,
knicker for life
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
6/28/2002  1:10 AM
williams is a scorer not a pg
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/28/2002  1:28 AM
I'd rather want Keon Clark then Baker. A poster at RealGM.com said the Knicks and the Raptors were talking about a Thomas/Clark swap...
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/28/2002  3:38 AM
Earth to Knicks: Baker is terrible. Overweight, depressed, not even a 7 footer, huge contract. Any positives? Not really. Come on, that trade is terrible. Shammond Williams hasn't ever done anything. Ward and Thomas for Van Exel or if you need to, trade Thomas to get Keon Clark. A young center or a point guard who can help Spree in leading this team. Say all you want about Van Exel being a cancer, but with Houston and McDyess as two of the quietiest people in the league, the Knicks need people to take charge. That means Spree is untradeable since he's the heart and soul, and getting a guy like Van Exel, who's played with Dyess before and will call for his teammates to be better can only help. In the east a decent point guard, two really good guys on the wing and a dominant power forward could take them places. Hopefully Clark can be taken with the exception. Please Keon, please.
#Knickstaps
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/28/2002  5:43 AM
Have you guys read today's NY Post article on the Knicks? They said the Knicks might offer Clark the maximum length for the exception - a six-year, $35 million deal. They're also saying the Knicks will be pursuing Radoslav Nesterovic of the Timberwolves...
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
6/28/2002  6:39 AM
Knicks are better off with Radmanovic from Seattle
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/28/2002  7:30 AM
Nesterovic, Radmanovic, Drobjnak, Dampier, Foyle, Nazr Mohammed, Keon, Jarron Collins, Jerome James, Olumide Oyedije and whoever I forgot.

Knicks need 2 centers, one to start and one to backup.

No offense is required but would be nice, they have to run, rebound and occasionally block the ball and be a presence in the middle.

Furthermore the Knicks needs to sign some youngsters for the remaining roster spots. Kei Madison (sf/pf) and Smush Parker come to mind.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/28/2002  2:05 PM
Ha, KBY, your last post looked like a job ad. "Needed: Center who can run, occasionally block, etc.," Good stuff. I agree, Knicks need two more centers to make the Thomas/Ward for Van Exel available.
#Knickstaps
sonics / knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy