[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Good trade by the Knicks....
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/27/2002  1:36 PM
I was watching the draft and when I heard the about the trade at first I tought the worst of it. But today I think the trade is a good one. Getting an all star player for Camby, Jackson and Hilario is ok. I would have liked for the Knicks to have kept Hilario and put him along side McDyess that way in his early year Hilario could have concentrated on defense as his offense came along. But as Layden is Layden and he always manages to get the raw end of the deal just like Ewing for Rice. First they had Ewing for Rice and Baker it turned out just to be Rice. The Knicks now have a solid core of playes in Spree, Houston and Dice. Add players around them with decent skills and they can go far next year. Baker, Keon and a good point guard would get them into the finals next year. At this point the Knicks have the best three players in the east. I can't think of any team in the east who have better three player than the Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
6/27/2002  2:55 PM
Posted by Vmart:

I was watching the draft and when I heard the about the trade at first I tought the worst of it. But today I think the trade is a good one. Getting an all star player for Camby, Jackson and Hilario is ok. I would have liked for the Knicks to have kept Hilario and put him along side McDyess that way in his early year Hilario could have concentrated on defense as his offense came along. But as Layden is Layden and he always manages to get the raw end of the deal just like Ewing for Rice. First they had Ewing for Rice and Baker it turned out just to be Rice. The Knicks now have a solid core of playes in Spree, Houston and Dice. Add players around them with decent skills and they can go far next year. Baker, Keon and a good point guard would get them into the finals next year. At this point the Knicks have the best three players in the east. I can't think of any team in the east who have better three player than the Knicks.
I like the trade a lot too...Dice is definitely an upgrade over camby but interestingly, i think denver got a good deal too. their team? Jackson, Posey, Hilario, Skeeta, Camby with Howard off the bench (or one of the forwards off the bench). Not good enough now but in a few years if they got a good guard they could be a playoff team.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/27/2002  3:08 PM
Posted by nyballer:
Posted by Vmart:

I like the trade a lot too...Dice is definitely an upgrade over camby but interestingly, i think denver got a good deal too. their team? Jackson, Posey, Hilario, Skeeta, Camby with Howard off the bench (or one of the forwards off the bench). Not good enough now but in a few years if they got a good guard they could be a playoff team.

In 3-4 years that team is going to make a run and it will be about the time Shaq starts to depart for the police academy.
Good trade by the Knicks....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy