[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

ESPN Grade A-
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
6/27/2002  10:18 AM
There's an overall positive analysis from ESPN on the Knicks draft night.

New York Knicks
Round 1: Frank Williams, 6-3, PG, Illinois (No. 25)
Round 2: Milos Vujanic, 6-2, PG, Yugoslavia (No. 36)
Deals: Obtained Williams and Antonio McDyess for No. 7 pick (Nene Hilario), Mark Jackson and Marcus Camby.
Scott Layden's back was against the wall. He doesn't believe you can rebuild in New York and he's probably right. So instead of grabbing a young Antonio McDyess in Chris Wilcox, he went for the real thing. He immediately added the All-Star power forward the team has coveted for years. Frank Williams may very well be the point guard of the future and the Knicks may not be done. If they figure out a way to move Charlie Ward and Kurt Thomas for Nick Van Exel they're a free agent center away from competing for the Eastern Conference title again. Unbelievable.
Grade: A-
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/27/2002  2:09 PM
I would say A- if they pick up the 2 missing pieces.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/27/2002  2:47 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

I don't know if you caught Angles they interviewed McDyess and Spike asked questions to McDyess about another possible trade the Knicks are trying to complete well the Knicks are working on bringing a big man to NYK McDyess stopped short of answering who that person the Knicks are trying to get.
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
6/27/2002  3:29 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by OasisBU:

I don't know if you caught Angles they interviewed McDyess and Spike asked questions to McDyess about another possible trade the Knicks are trying to complete well the Knicks are working on bringing a big man to NYK McDyess stopped short of answering who that person the Knicks are trying to get.
what do you guys think of dale davis and bonzi resigned for sprewell?
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/27/2002  4:41 PM
Dale and Bonzi would be awesome with McDyess Houston and whatever PG we have - possibly Van X? I dunno, I drool over the thought of having Nick here because I think he has a lot of potential in the right situation.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
ESPN Grade A-

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy