[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Next Move
Author Thread
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
6/27/2002  9:07 AM
I believe it is quite obvious that Layden will try to acquire a Center because Kurt Thomas just wouldn't cut the needs of a center, even for the east. I think he would try to lure Keon Clark but might not be sucessful. Sonics and Sixers would also probably want to unload Baker and Colemen, however what must the Knicks have to give up in return for their bloated contracts and ending profession for size and a chance for their revival?
Some other big men that they would have to reconsider are Marc Jackson, Foyle, Dampier, Pryzbilla, Ervin Johnson, Oakley, Collins, Gatling, Dale Davis, Bo Outlaw,Brian Grant, Jahidi White, Nestorovic etc.
Lets be reasonable, for Robinson, Duncan, Shaq, Mutumbo are out of the question. But who can they get in reality that will compliment Mcdyess and Chaney's style of play?
Maybe Allan Houston for Brian Grant? 2 players with disappointments after granted enormous contracts?

AUTOADVERT
RonRon
Member: #246
6/27/2002  9:09 AM
also, you think Oakley can come back since Camby is traded? Can he play some solid minutes at center?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/27/2002  9:28 AM
I think luring Keon Clark to New York would be a great move. That makes Thomas expandable and gives us a shot blocking presence and a young, improving athlete. The one thing we have to our advantage now is we can offer Clark a starting spot at center which is something he might not be able to find in Toronto or other teams with a good reputation. I think getting that done could allow us to make another rumored move and send Thomas and Ward to Dallas for Nick Van Exel. Our line-up would look like this...
C Keon Clark
PF Antonio McDyess
SF Latrell Sprewell
SG Allan Houston
PG Nick Van Exel
6th Shandon Anderson
7th Frank Williams
8th Clarence Weatherspoon
9th Othella Harrington
10th Howard Eisley

Our bench would be about the same and our starting line-up would be one of the stronger ones in the league. We could win 45-50 games with this roster no problem.

prowler
Member: #135
USA
6/27/2002  9:32 AM
You dont have Postell's name in there You still dont think he deserves minutes.
knicker for life
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/27/2002  9:44 AM
Hmm, what about these moves

The Cavs 2003 top 5 protected first rounder + big Z + filler for Sprewell + Harrington (if they don't crack the top 5 they are out of the LeBron race).

next would be KT + Ward + Knight for either Baker or NVE.

Plus with all the roster spots opened up we should sign some of the undrafted hotties like Smush Parker, Kei Madison, Uche Okafor, Lazaros Papadopoulos, Udonis Haslem and/or JR Bremer.

With the midlevel exception the Knicks could go after Nesterovic or Neon Keon or split it up for Jarron Collins+ someone else like Ognjen Askrabic.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/27/2002  10:13 AM
I found this from ESPN Draft rumors

If Scott Layden has his way, the Knicks aren't done. They spent most of Wednesday also trying to land disgruntled Cavs point guard Andre Miller. At several points during the day it looked as if the Knicks had pulled off that deal as well. But the Cavs remained torn between adding McDyess to their team or going younger. When the deal fell through, the Knicks decided to take McDyess and run.

Now, expect the Knicks to change their focus to Dallas. The Mavs are offering Nick Van Exel in return for Kurt Thomas and Charlie Ward. Van Exel may be tough to deal with, but he's the dynamic point guard they've been looking for.

I say we take this deal and run. Then go all out for Keon Clark. We would have a very good team. Thoughts?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/27/2002  10:26 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

Now, expect the Knicks to change their focus to Dallas. The Mavs are offering Nick Van Exel in return for Kurt Thomas and Charlie Ward. Van Exel may be tough to deal with, but he's the dynamic point guard they've been looking for.

I say we take this deal and run. Then go all out for Keon Clark. We would have a very good team. Thoughts?

That would leave us with McDyess as the only person taller than 6'6". I don't count Travis or whatever as players. That's not good. There is no way the Knicks do this deal.

Hmmm.... unless McDyess told the Knicks that they had to go after Van Ex. Some backroom deals going on?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
6/27/2002  10:30 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

If Scott Layden has his way, the Knicks aren't done. They spent most of Wednesday also trying to land disgruntled Cavs point guard Andre Miller. At several points during the day it looked as if the Knicks had pulled off that deal as well. But the Cavs remained torn between adding McDyess to their team or going younger. When the deal fell through, the Knicks decided to take McDyess and run.

I agree thats the best thing to do! Allthough that would mean not taking part in the LeBron-Hysteria, wouldn't it?! But id love to see Nick the quick in NY!
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/27/2002  2:59 PM
Posted by dodger78:
Posted by Knixkik:

I agree thats the best thing to do! Allthough that would mean not taking part in the LeBron-Hysteria, wouldn't it?! But id love to see Nick the quick in NY!
no van x in ny, he's a cancer. trade kt and eisley for jerome james and junk
killacross
Member: #58
USA
6/27/2002  3:45 PM
Posted by prowler:

You dont have Postell's name in there You still dont think he deserves minutes.

hes a FA and i doubt he will return to sit on the bench
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/27/2002  5:09 PM
Postell won't sign with the other 45 shooting guards on this team, he wants to play and he'll go elsewhere. Trade Thomas and Ward for Jerome James? Ha, give me a break, what in God's name has James proved. That'd be great for the Knicks to get Van Exel, then if he's a cancer Layden will get fired and Dolan might be like to hell with basketball and sell. Or if he's a good player Knicks could contend for the East.
#Knickstaps
Next Move

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy