[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Word
Author Thread
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
6/27/2002  8:00 AM
Alright everyone, here is the WORD.. The problem simply stated by several columnists is not Layden, but Dolan. The priority is FILL THE SEATS, not get a championship. When New York fans stop coming to see so-so teams that might get into the first round of the playoffs, then management will start to entertain the idea of building a solid team with draft picks and trades for future draft picks. Hey, the Mets had several years and still do have years when they did not do well, as did the Yankees. The true New York Knick fan will be there, watching, waiting and hoping for great young players to fill the bench then to start.
How about Chaney stating that he played Jackson out of loyalty to his great seasons? Here is another Ewing like player, not content to sit and help, but needing to be on the floor even when he can not and does not contribute. It all goes back to management wanting the seats filled and the fans at MSG buying the beer and popcorn to fill the pocketbooks.
Hey Management - how about some quality???????????????????
The Old Man of UK...
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
6/27/2002  9:10 AM
True...also, when will management realize that fan interest does not soley depend on wins. Just watching young players and wondering about their potential and the future of the Knicks can be a major draw of interest. If the current Knicks squad flounders no fan can say....yeah we stink right now, but wait until next year when (insert your high draft picks name here) matures.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
LarrythaLeo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #71
USA
6/27/2002  12:00 PM
I have a feeling we are going to be able to say that about Frank Williams, he is by far a better player than Ward will ever be. We will get a chance to see this young point guard grow into one of the better ones in the league.
UKDad
Member: #31
USA
6/27/2002  12:22 PM
Certainly hope so with Frank Williams. We can not be sure about McDice.. if that injury bothers him in the next year - what value is he going to be.. I would have loved to have seen "Nene" down in the paint figuring how to beat the other PFs in the league and having a young big guy with him.. I really think they should have kept Nene and made him the "South of the Border" connection. Remember where the fan base is these days...young guys and girls from Latin America.
There you go Dolan..
The Old Man of UK...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/27/2002  12:39 PM
Posted by UKDad:

Certainly hope so with Frank Williams. We can not be sure about McDice.. if that injury bothers him in the next year - what value is he going to be.. I would have loved to have seen "Nene" down in the paint figuring how to beat the other PFs in the league and having a young big guy with him.. I really think they should have kept Nene and made him the "South of the Border" connection. Remember where the fan base is these days...young guys and girls from Latin America.
There you go Dolan..

This is the value that McDyess will be if he is injured next year: More lotto balls for LeBron.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/27/2002  3:07 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by UKDad:

There you go Dolan..

This is the value that McDyess will be if he is injured next year: More lotto balls for LeBron.
you guys think that we have any chance at getting lebron james?

i think we have almost none- everyone would be crying "fix"

i think the player we have a realistic shot at next year is kendrick perkins - a young "shaq" supposedly. check out his profile at www.nbadraft.net
scylla
Member: #97
6/27/2002  3:15 PM
Posted by UKDad:

Alright everyone, here is the WORD.. The problem simply stated by several columnists is not Layden, but Dolan. The priority is FILL THE SEATS, not get a championship. When New York fans stop coming to see so-so teams that might get into the first round of the playoffs, then management will start to entertain the idea of building a solid team with draft picks and trades for future draft picks. Hey, the Mets had several years and still do have years when they did not do well, as did the Yankees. The true New York Knick fan will be there, watching, waiting and hoping for great young players to fill the bench then to start.
How about Chaney stating that he played Jackson out of loyalty to his great seasons? Here is another Ewing like player, not content to sit and help, but needing to be on the floor even when he can not and does not contribute. It all goes back to management wanting the seats filled and the fans at MSG buying the beer and popcorn to fill the pocketbooks.
Hey Management - how about some quality???????????????????
You're right. This is the absolute best trade for Scott Layden's short-term career interests, if not the franchise's long-term good. It would be interesting to see if Layden would have done the same thing if he didn't have a win-now mandate from Dolan, who has now made it clear that he is the least imaginative executive in sports..
The Word

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy