Spree ...

...you get my draft.
we got fleeced
Fordy74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #51
USA
6/26/2002  11:18 PM
Mcdyess is a post presence at least. Camby sure isnt.
sandiegoknick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #57
USA
6/26/2002  11:36 PM
I agree. If McDyess is healthy he is a low post threat that will require a double team that will free up Spree and Allan. Camby had no low post game and that hurt Spree and Allan.
Marvin "The Human Eraser" Webster
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/26/2002  11:42 PM
Posted by sandiegoknick:

I agree. If McDyess is healthy he is a low post threat that will require a double team that will free up Spree and Allan. Camby had no low post game and that hurt Spree and Allan.

And not only is McDyess a low post threat, we already know that Kurt will force defending big men to guard him outside of the paint area (or he will hit that mid-range jumper), thus opening the paths to the basket in an even bigger way.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/27/2002  1:16 AM
Man if McDyess plays over 70 games I guarantee we win +50 games this year...
Ris40fo
Member: #264
USA
6/27/2002  6:02 AM
Well the knicks got smaller in size, that's true, but who would you rather have in your front court, Minute at 7'6 or Barkley at 6'6
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/27/2002  9:20 AM
McDyess will draw double teams and that will open up things for Sprewell and Houston. When you now have three players who demand double teams, thats really hard to defend. This team will be much improved through this deal and should make the playoffs because of it.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/27/2002  9:58 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

McDyess will draw double teams and that will open up things for Sprewell and Houston. When you now have three players who demand double teams, thats really hard to defend. This team will be much improved through this deal and should make the playoffs because of it.

make the playoffs? If everyone is healthy this team had better get deep into the second round of the playoffs and lose to the eventual winner of the Eastern Conference.

Deep into the playoffs leave a warm fuzzy for me. On the other hand, the Knicks now have no shot at LeBron.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/27/2002  2:01 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Knixkik:

make the playoffs? If everyone is healthy this team had better get deep into the second round of the playoffs and lose to the eventual winner of the Eastern Conference.

Deep into the playoffs leave a warm fuzzy for me. On the other hand, the Knicks now have no shot at LeBron.

They should make the playoffs besides the NBA would never let the Knicks get the number 1 next year. LeBron is reserved for a failing large market team, just like Houston which got the number 1.
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/27/2002  3:23 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Knixkik:

They should make the playoffs besides the NBA would never let the Knicks get the number 1 next year. LeBron is reserved for a failing large market team, just like Houston which got the number 1.
exactly. I don't know which large mkt team really is failing.

here's where i think lebron might land next year, in order:

1) Denver - a huge sports town, NBA missing out on big $$, crap team that could legitimately play poorly enough to deserve the #1
2) Washington - 3rd largest NBA market, doing poorly despite the #1 gift back in 2001
3) Bulls - a huge NBA mkt - will probably be in the lotto
4) Houston - a huge NBA mkt, failing terribly - if yao is a bust, look for the NBA to try and build this city up
5) Cleveland - because they'll be bad enough to deserve the pick.
6) Memphis - Jerry West luck
7) ATL - no one cares about the NBA down there, more knicks fans than hawks fans.
8) Warriors - they'll be bad enough to earn it

No way is the Knicks getting Lebron. If stern is nice, he'll give us the #2 pick, which WILL be Kendrick Perkins, supposedly the next Shaq.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/27/2002  3:36 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Knixkik:

exactly. I don't know which large mkt team really is failing.

here's where i think lebron might land next year, in order:

1) Denver - a huge sports town, NBA missing out on big $$, crap team that could legitimately play poorly enough to deserve the #1
2) Washington - 3rd largest NBA market, doing poorly despite the #1 gift back in 2001
3) Bulls - a huge NBA mkt - will probably be in the lotto
4) Houston - a huge NBA mkt, failing terribly - if yao is a bust, look for the NBA to try and build this city up
5) Cleveland - because they'll be bad enough to deserve the pick.
6) Memphis - Jerry West luck
7) ATL - no one cares about the NBA down there, more knicks fans than hawks fans.
8) Warriors - they'll be bad enough to earn it

No way is the Knicks getting Lebron. If stern is nice, he'll give us the #2 pick, which WILL be Kendrick Perkins, supposedly the next Shaq.

I say we should all watch the Knicks on TV next year and give the illusion that they are a failing market. I bet that would bit Sterns in the ass. And force Dolan to sell the team. He would have to give the Knicks a boost by giving them the number one. Just like the dark years in the 80's fans were no shows in the largest market and the Knicks get the number one. Knicks fans have to get on the same page or we will continue to be ripped off. I say we pull a Charlotte where no one was going to the games but secretly watch from their local bars and homes.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/27/2002  5:07 PM
I always watch the games, no matter what. I could see Denver, Cleveland, or Memphis getting the pick. I think Golden State will do decently, and Washington or Houston can't get it because Stern gave them the chance, it's Washington's fault if Chandler or Curry or Gasol is better then Brown and it's Houston's if they didn't trade for Odom.
#Knickstaps
Knicks Get Smaller with McDyess

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy