[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

rebuilding...
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/17/2005  11:53 AM
Ive gotten blasted at times for being a hater or knocking our team or saying we should rebuild or whatever. But let me ask you this: What would you rather see this year? LB make the playoffs and squeeze 45 wins out of Marbury, Penny, Q, Rose, JJ, Mo T and Curry? Or us risking the playoffs and possibly losing games like we lost last night (Frye didnt box out Diop) BUT play the kids and watch in one year or less Frye, Nate, Lee, Ariza and co. develop into good players and a core for years to come?

Now I think we can do both. I think Marbury along with this squad has enough talent and there's enough coaching to get in anyway, but I dont want to just get in at the expense of not letting these guys play through their mistakes. Look at the hoops IQ on these guys, its awesome. So we are talking about 1 year. 1 freaking year. The clock on Marbury isnt clicking that fast, he's still got a lot of hoops left in him.

If we commit to dedicating this year to getting Ariza, Curry, Lee, Frye, Nate and even Butler and keeping Penny, Mo T, Rose and JJ to spot duty it will be the best thing this organization has done since the drafted Ewing.

How did you all feel after last night? Imagine it was the regular season... would you have paid to see that game? Even if they lost?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
10/17/2005  11:57 AM
I am sort of glad that we got beat by a buzzer beater in preseason. I can almost guaranty you that will not happen again during the regular season. LB is our leader.....not Herb nor Lenny..
The true Knickabocker..........
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/17/2005  12:21 PM
I agree, Fish. I'd love to see the rooks grow into a cohesive and dangerous unit. Hopefully, Larry finds a happy medium between the starters and the rooks. I really hope MoT and Penny and Allan never see the court. I don't mind starting Malik at the 4, of course I would prefer to see Lee or Frye start, but I have to think Lee and Frye will get like 20mpg each, because Curry can't stay on the court too long with his fouls and Malik is no more than a 20mpg player himself.

I think Larry will coax 45 wins from this squad, but in a method similar to the Bulls of last year, where the starters have defined roles, but the bench has their own set of roles which is equally important and both units get around the same ammount of time.
¿ △ ?
efw
Member: #1002

10/17/2005  12:37 PM
First of all, of course that ending doesn't happen in regular season. LB had both Nate and the other short guy in (forget his name). The way I saw it, Frye wasn't near Diop to box him out. Because of the rotations, Nate was boxing Diop out! That's what happens when you have two 5'7 guys out there. LB would never do that in a regular season game. Mor likely, We'd have Curry and Jerome James in. That's 2 7 footers!

Secondly, I don't see playing the starters as eeking out wins. I see it as a natural step in the right direction. The rookies do need to play, but at a natural pace.

We were eeking out wins the past years because our players didn't really care and we needed wins to get into the playoffs to make Dolan money. Now, we WANT to win. There's a difference. Whether we win more or less games isn't as important as finally having the ship pointed in the right direction.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/17/2005  12:45 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Ive gotten blasted at times for being a hater or knocking our team or saying we should rebuild or whatever. But let me ask you this: What would you rather see this year? LB make the playoffs and squeeze 45 wins out of Marbury, Penny, Q, Rose, JJ, Mo T and Curry? Or us risking the playoffs and possibly losing games like we lost last night (Frye didnt box out Diop) BUT play the kids and watch in one year or less Frye, Nate, Lee, Ariza and co. develop into good players and a core for years to come?

Now I think we can do both. I think Marbury along with this squad has enough talent and there's enough coaching to get in anyway, but I dont want to just get in at the expense of not letting these guys play through their mistakes. Look at the hoops IQ on these guys, its awesome. So we are talking about 1 year. 1 freaking year. The clock on Marbury isnt clicking that fast, he's still got a lot of hoops left in him.

If we commit to dedicating this year to getting Ariza, Curry, Lee, Frye, Nate and even Butler and keeping Penny, Mo T, Rose and JJ to spot duty it will be the best thing this organization has done since the drafted Ewing.

How did you all feel after last night? Imagine it was the regular season... would you have paid to see that game? Even if they lost?

fish I agree, and what was so great is that these kids contested everything, lee didn't back down from dirk, even barber was taking it to Harris.. Frye was playing big as well as butler, that game was fun, but I also like the competitiveness by nate, He wanted the ball late, and when he got fouled down by two with 7.1 seconds left, he calmly drained two FT's all friggin net.. I love that... and that defense that lee played on KVH at the end was great, I mean KVH is a 9 year vet, an accomplished scorer, and the best he could do vs lee was a fadeaway contested brick.... also Kudos to Ariza and the other kid Barnes, both of them were all over the boards and contesting every pass, I mean I could watch these kids all year, let them play, and reduce the role of the vets, I am all for that...

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/17/2005  1:06 PM
I will measure the success of this season by the development of the young players, not by Ws and Ls.
rebuilding...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy