Some Shots...
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
6/26/2002  12:53 PM
From ESPN

The word on the Knicks is Chris Wilcox, Dajuan Wagner and Jared Jeffries in that order.

Where's Nene Hilario? Who knows...

From BskBALL.com Rumor Mill

MILLER TO CLIPS It seems like the Clippers have found their deal, and its likely going to be Andre Miller. Miller’s agent flew to Cleveland yesterday and met with the Cavs. The meeting was not labeled a ‘negotiation’, but it appears the Cavs wanted to know specifically what Andre’s thinking was so they could better explain that to teams looking to make a deal. His agent, Lon Babby told media it was more of a philosophical meeting (how would Dre feel about the Clippers?). The players said to be involved would be the Clippers sending Corey Maggette and both Clippers draft choices, and Andre and the Cavs #6 would head to LA. The Cavs appear to be holding out for Darius Miles, but Clips sources said yesterday’s rumor of Miles leaving LA were unlikely, that he’s is part of the core they are building. LA is not the only team angling for Miller, the Magic have a firm offer on the table that could include Mike Miller, and the Knicks have an offer on the table said to include Kurt Thomas and the #7 as the Knicks appear to have a deal with Seattle that will take place in mid-July when the new salary cap number is set. Cavs head coach John Lucas told media Monday that Miller was not going to be moved, but changed his tune on Tuesday telling reporters to ask Cavs GM Jim Paxson about Miller, indicating he may not have had a lot of say in the decision…

CUTTING HIM LOOSE: Yesterday the Denver Nuggets announced they had reached a $1 million buyout for gurad Tim Hardaway making him an unrestricted Free agent this summer. The club felt it was in the best interest of both parties to let Hardaway out of his deal to explore options more to his liking. The club also indicated that they may likely draft Brazilian sensation Nene Hilario #5, assuming Memphis or Golden State does not take him first.

Thomas and the 7th pick to the Cavs for Andre Miller would be a sweet deal. That deal would allow us to contend in the east believe it or not. Miller, Sprewell, Houston, and Camby as our core would be sick. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/26/2002  1:01 PM
From Denver Post.com

The player the Nuggets DEFINITELY will pick is "Nene" Hilario. The 6-11 power forward from Brazil was impressive in his recent visit and workout in Denver. Hilario is another special foreigner and will help the Nuggets immediately.

The player the Nuggets DEFINITELY should pick is "Skita" Tskitishvili. The 19-year-old 7-footer is a small forward. You heard me. Small forward.

Interesting, huh?
kubie1084
Member: #19
USA
6/26/2002  1:04 PM
true, but what's that talk about a done deal with seatlle? anyone know who's involved? it better be lewis or payton and not the massive man and contract baker. plus for miller i'd give up sprewell and the seven for say miller and cap filler, i'm not sure who has a big contract on cleveland, i know they won't give illgauskas, but they must have somebody they don't need.

another idea i thought of, we send spree, #7 to charlotte for baron davis, campbell and #17. reasonable when you consider that wagner could be available to them. we could also maybe put kurt in the trade too. i'm not saying i would do this, just throwing an idea that could possibly work. but of course i don't wanna trade our pick period, especially if nene is available. i say if we make a trade, we make it to move up and grab hilario.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/26/2002  1:12 PM
Posted by kubie1084:

true, but what's that talk about a done deal with seatlle? anyone know who's involved? it better be lewis or payton and not the massive man and contract baker. plus for miller i'd give up sprewell and the seven for say miller and cap filler, i'm not sure who has a big contract on cleveland, i know they won't give illgauskas, but they must have somebody they don't need.

another idea i thought of, we send spree, #7 to charlotte for baron davis, campbell and #17. reasonable when you consider that wagner could be available to them. we could also maybe put kurt in the trade too. i'm not saying i would do this, just throwing an idea that could possibly work. but of course i don't wanna trade our pick period, especially if nene is available. i say if we make a trade, we make it to move up and grab hilario.

17th pick was traded to the Wizard for Courtney Alexander.
kubie1084
USA
6/26/2002  2:07 PM
my bad, for some crazy reason i thought they received the 17th pick. scratch that then. but please tell me these rumors about vin baker for thomas and ward are bs. that trade makes not sense, thomas is a better player, batter contract, and better center than baker. and don't say we're doing to to dump ward's salary because then you haven't seen baker's. the trade doesn't make any sense, which is why it's scary because it means layden will probably do it.
Vmart
USA
6/26/2002  2:17 PM
Posted by kubie1084:

my bad, for some crazy reason i thought they received the 17th pick. scratch that then. but please tell me these rumors about vin baker for thomas and ward are bs. that trade makes not sense, thomas is a better player, batter contract, and better center than baker. and don't say we're doing to to dump ward's salary because then you haven't seen baker's. the trade doesn't make any sense, which is why it's scary because it means layden will probably do it.

For some reason these rumors are right on target. It looks like the deal will get completed soon. But it really is not that bad for the Knicks if they get Baker. If the Knicks lose out on Nene they will pick Wagner they still need to address the need for a post player and if you have seen Baker he has a very good post game, a change of senery and he is good to go again I wouldn't surprised if he had a 18-10 season for the Knicks. Thomas has value and I don't know if it will be this high again.

A line up of
Baker c
Camby pf
Spree sf
Houston sg
Wagner g

will go a long way in the east.
kubie1084
USA
6/26/2002  2:41 PM
maybe it's not that bad, but i still think thomas is a much better player than baker, also you have to remember while doing a mock line up

c-baker
pf-camby 1/2 year
sf-spree
sg-houston
pg-wagner

plus the trade doesn't help our cap situation, and i don't want the knicks to be good next year. if nene isn't available i say pick stoudemire, he won't develope for a bit and then next year we'll be bad enough to be in the LeBron James sweepstakes. i also think that layden has done enough with the cap problems and he should just let everyone's contract finish and not touch anything as far as big salaries go. anyway, i'm sure after he makes that baker trade and it doesn't work out and he screws up the draft by taking borchardt or jeffries, then he'll be fired and the knicks will finally begin rebuilding, because god knows we can't get any better with layden.
Vmart
USA
6/26/2002  3:05 PM
Posted by kubie1084:

maybe it's not that bad, but i still think thomas is a much better player than baker, also you have to remember while doing a mock line up

c-baker
pf-camby 1/2 year
sf-spree
sg-houston
pg-wagner

plus the trade doesn't help our cap situation, and i don't want the knicks to be good next year. if nene isn't available i say pick stoudemire, he won't develope for a bit and then next year we'll be bad enough to be in the LeBron James sweepstakes. i also think that layden has done enough with the cap problems and he should just let everyone's contract finish and not touch anything as far as big salaries go. anyway, i'm sure after he makes that baker trade and it doesn't work out and he screws up the draft by taking borchardt or jeffries, then he'll be fired and the knicks will finally begin rebuilding, because god knows we can't get any better with layden.

James in a Knick uniform would be a dream come true for most Knicks fans. I really like Nene enough to trade up and get him I think he will be that good. The fact that he is 6'11'' 260 tells me this guy is a center more than a PF. He played center for Brazilian team not PF. But because the pre draft had him listed as 6'9'' 230 they automatically tagged him as a PF but he isn't.

I am willing to give up a few seasons to build a championship team and next year should be no different. I always said there is no point in making the playoffs if you know you aren't going to win the championship. I think the Lakers have that covered for a few more years anyway. That will be perfect for the Knicks to develop a talent like Nene and aquire high picks in the draft in the mean time. Hope the Knicks get in the lottery next year and land the number 1.

Some Shots...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy