[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/26/2002  11:23 AM
Man I cant believe it is finally here, tonight we find out a piece of the future for the Knicks. I am excited and a little nervous too. I really want to see Wilcox or Nene get picked by NY but there are just so many possibilities. I have a good feeling about tonight though. The Knicks wont screw this one up. For all of Laydens faults, he did only have second round picks last year - and Glen Rice was a washed up scrub so he couldnt get much for him. Maybe he isnt good with #'s but I think he has done his homework on this draft. We will see tonight.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
6/26/2002  11:31 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

Man I cant believe it is finally here, tonight we find out a piece of the future for the Knicks. I am excited and a little nervous too. I really want to see Wilcox or Nene get picked by NY but there are just so many possibilities. I have a good feeling about tonight though. The Knicks wont screw this one up. For all of Laydens faults, he did only have second round picks last year - and Glen Rice was a washed up scrub so he couldnt get much for him. Maybe he isnt good with #'s but I think he has done his homework on this draft. We will see tonight.
martin/andrew can you post the insider AM report? by the way, it's looking like at #7 jeffries will be our guy if wilcox/nene are gone.

i'm wary of us picking wilcox anyway, he's 6'9" - same as KT. most of the dominating PF's are taller except ben wallace.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
6/26/2002  12:16 PM
Im on the Jefferies and Dujuan bandwagons. Either one Id be happy. Im leaning toward Jefferies because hes so explosive for his height.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/26/2002  12:33 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Im on the Jefferies and Dujuan bandwagons. Either one Id be happy. Im leaning toward Jefferies because hes so explosive for his height.

If Nene is gone and its a choice between Wagner and Jefferies. I would go with Wagner. He is in the mold of Francis, Davis and Marbury. Jefferies has good handle for his size and has ability to create a shot for himself. Nene bring size to a undersized team I think the Knicks have been losing toughness with the loss of Oak, LJ, Mason, X-Man and Ewing, having Nene could bring that back to the Knicks A guy who can dominate on the defense and control the glass along with the ability to set monster picks to get Houston and Spree open looks. He is a can't pass up player if he is available for the Knicks.
Oh by the way did you hear that the Knicks were taking care of Nene and his stay in NY for the draft.
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
6/26/2002  1:07 PM
Wagner would be a good choice if we had a good GM. The reason I wouldnt pick him is because Layden cant get rid of 2 PGs before the season. Sure Grunfeld could do it but Layden doesnt know how to manuver a trade. Grunfld before researched trades and got in the middle of the other peoples trade and got something for us. L
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/26/2002  1:54 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Wagner would be a good choice if we had a good GM. The reason I wouldnt pick him is because Layden cant get rid of 2 PGs before the season. Sure Grunfeld could do it but Layden doesnt know how to manuver a trade. Grunfld before researched trades and got in the middle of the other peoples trade and got something for us. L

Rumor has it that the Knicks are going to trade Thomas and Ward for Baker and possibly another player.

Baker c
Camby pf
Spree sf
Houston sg
Wagner g

This would be adecent line up for the Knicks.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
6/26/2002  3:14 PM
I don't want Vin Baker. Especially if it involves losing Kurt Thomas.

Charlie Ward's contract runs out soon anyway so I don't think it is a good deal. The only trade I would do with Seattle is one which involves Rashard.
We suck.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
6/26/2002  3:17 PM
I do think we should trade Kurt, as his value is at an all-time high...just not for vin Baker.
We suck.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/26/2002  3:54 PM
Why do the Knicks want Vin Baker? I'm speechless. He is a fat slob, depressed, and has four years and a MASSIVE contract remaining. Why does everyone want to trade Kurt Thomas? The only, ONLY REASON, the Knicks should package in Ward (and his 1 year left) is if they draft Dajuan Wagner and he'll play 20+ minutes a night. Other then that they simply can not do this deal, it doesn't make sense.
#Knickstaps
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/26/2002  5:27 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Why do the Knicks want Vin Baker? I'm speechless. He is a fat slob, depressed, and has four years and a MASSIVE contract remaining. Why does everyone want to trade Kurt Thomas? The only, ONLY REASON, the Knicks should package in Ward (and his 1 year left) is if they draft Dajuan Wagner and he'll play 20+ minutes a night. Other then that they simply can not do this deal, it doesn't make sense.

You are correct. But what if the trade is actually Eisley and Thomas for Baker? Eisley has got like 4 more years, then it sound a little better.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy