[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ryan Gomes 18 points 7 reb in 23 minutes tonight
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/14/2005  10:22 PM
lets see david lee and his vince carter like draft pick value do that tommorrow night

even charlie v has been really good so far another 17 and 6 tonight after 16 6 4 blocks and 3 steals the other night. I want to see OUR 4 year guys put up numbers like these guys--no pssy footing with all the draft picks we surrendered for david lee, he better be darn good
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/14/2005  10:25 PM
Yeah good to see Gomes doing well and Charlie V. McCants had a good night the other day too. Antoine Wright played well the other night....

It's just pre-season but the guys playing are real NBA players even though it's not for real. it's hard not to play to win so it's still compeditive.

Geez man waiting to see the Knicks play is like waiting on babies!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/14/2005  10:31 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

lets see david lee and his vince carter like draft pick value do that tommorrow night

even charlie v has been really good so far another 17 and 6 tonight after 16 6 4 blocks and 3 steals the other night. I want to see OUR 4 year guys put up numbers like these guys--no pssy footing with all the draft picks we surrendered for david lee, he better be darn good

Ohh Briggs, you never change...

Knicks_Fan
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/14/2005  10:35 PM
david lee and his vince carter like draft pick value
huh?
all the draft picks we surrendered for david lee
huh?
NYK3
Member: #725
USA
10/14/2005  10:35 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by BRIGGS:

its getting annoying, it seems like all you do now Briggs is talk about players on other teams

I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
10/14/2005  10:36 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
huh?
huh?

He's talking about the speculation that we could've used David Lee instead of picks in the Curry trade.

It is just speculation, though.

NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
10/14/2005  10:38 PM
man preseason is not the right measure stick to see how good some of these players are....in most game guys are going up against ppl that will never make the main roster
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
BRIGGS
10/14/2005  10:44 PM
Posted by NYK3:
Posted by Knicksfan:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

its getting annoying, it seems like all you do now Briggs is talk about players on other teams

I just want to see our rookies do well, i know little nate is going to do his share, but im not giving a pass , especially to Frye on some rookie BS the guy is older than Amare Stoudmire.

RIP Crushalot😞
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
10/14/2005  10:54 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

I just want to see our rookies do well, i know little nate is going to do his share, but im not giving a pass , especially to Frye on some rookie BS the guy is older than Amare Stoudmire.
... what?!? Who here has ever predicted that Frye is the second coming of Amare? We came in thinking that Frye will be a running center who has the potential to be a good player. We never drafted him thinking he will be a superstar, and I'm 100% sure Isiah didn't think that either. Would you PLEASE stop railing on our team and pointing out all the "could of should of would of's"? I'd like to see you post a thread about how all the other GMs who didn't draft amare are idiots... why don't you write about that instead? Expecting Frye to do a lot or become a star is setting yourself up for disappointment. We should take whatever we can get out of the young guys as a bonus; their chief goal should be taking chunks of knowledge out of larry brown's brain and developing long term, not posting up 17 points in a preseason game.

http://allknicks.com
King1
Member: #998
USA
10/14/2005  10:56 PM
I saw Lee outplay the great Gomes last year in he regular season. Briggs are you the great stat man or do you see the other things guys do that wont be in the stat books. Isiah love Lee Paxson does and Larry Brown has been singing his praises as much as anyone. You may be in the minority on this one. Hey arnet you the guy saying Bynum was the 2nd best in the draft. How is he doing this preseason? Bynum and Green will be the flops in the draft.
BRIGGS
10/14/2005  10:57 PM
Posted by teslawlo:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

... what?!? Who here has ever predicted that Frye is the second coming of Amare? We came in thinking that Frye will be a running center who has the potential to be a good player. We never drafted him thinking he will be a superstar, and I'm 100% sure Isiah didn't think that either. Would you PLEASE stop railing on our team and pointing out all the "could of should of would of's"? I'd like to see you post a thread about how all the other GMs who didn't draft amare are idiots... why don't you write about that instead? Expecting Frye to do a lot or become a star is setting yourself up for disappointment. We should take whatever we can get out of the young guys as a bonus; their chief goal should be taking chunks of knowledge out of larry brown's brain and developing long term, not posting up 17 points in a preseason game.

Im talking about stepping up and being our starting 6-11 PF and playing well. Im not comparing him to anyone, he has his own skills. I dont want to hear baby crp about his age as an excuse. hes the 8th pick in the draft and we have shtty PFs --he should start and play well. 13-7
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
10/14/2005  11:04 PM
Posted by King1:

I saw Lee outplay the great Gomes last year in he regular season. Briggs are you the great stat man or do you see the other things guys do that wont be in the stat books. Isiah love Lee Paxson does and Larry Brown has been singing his praises as much as anyone. You may be in the minority on this one. Hey arnet you the guy saying Bynum was the 2nd best in the draft. How is he doing this preseason? Bynum and Green will be the flops in the draft.

Well, I highly doubt Lee outplayed Gomes, but that doesnt mean anything. What matters is that Lee produces solid meaningful minutes now for the Knicks.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
10/14/2005  11:04 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by Bonn1997:
huh?
huh?

He's talking about the speculation that we could've used David Lee instead of picks in the Curry trade.

It is just speculation, though.
Yeah, I know. He's talking about speculation but he always frames it like it's certainty.
King1
USA
10/14/2005  11:15 PM
Who would have ou drafted in stead of Lee and Frye just curious so we can follow that this year.
King1
USA
10/14/2005  11:27 PM
The difference Briggs is I watched that game and they both had 17 and Gomes got 17 mostly late since the Friars got beat by 18. How do you know that the Knicks could give up Lee and 1 pick or Lee and 2 picks? How do you know, where the Knicks are going to end up and this year was a very deep draft? I havent been on this board long but you would second guess ther Knicks if they traded for Kobe, Garnett, and Shaq. Who would you have taken in the draft this year?
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
10/15/2005  12:05 AM
Folks, don't sweat Briggs. He always has the seldom perodic moment of manic behavior....like male PMS,esing He's harmless.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
10/15/2005  12:07 AM
Posted by King1:

The difference Briggs is I watched that game and they both had 17 and Gomes got 17 mostly late since the Friars got beat by 18. How do you know that the Knicks could give up Lee and 1 pick or Lee and 2 picks? How do you know, where the Knicks are going to end up and this year was a very deep draft? I havent been on this board long but you would second guess ther Knicks if they traded for Kobe, Garnett, and Shaq. Who would you have taken in the draft this year?

Brigg is pumped up about his boy Bynum. Did anyone see the Bucks against the Pistons. Bogut look determine and ready to go but Ben Wallace out did everything. He held him to like zero field goals for more than 3 quarters. YOu could tell that Bogut was bothered by that and that Wallace was taking it to him. Bogut will probably get alot of that treatment all season. Rookie dues but he look determine and ready to play. Darko looks better too. He outplayed Sweets the other night and had a nice time against Bogut too. I think Frye has come along way from Arizona. From all reports that he has stepped up his intensity especially on defense in camp.

I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
PhilinLA
Member: #696
10/15/2005  12:36 AM
The Knicks took who they should take at all three spots. All were players they and, likely, Brown, had convictions about.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/15/2005  1:29 AM
I saw both gomes and charlie play tonight, first off charlie V is going to be a nice NBA player and so is gomes, but looking at gomes game Vs lee game, I still rather have lee for what we are going to do... as far as charlie goes again he looked good but he is not a physical player at all, not at this level..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
10/15/2005  2:40 AM
I'm so tired of this posting of rookies that "we should have taken." You know what your not Isiah Thomas and you werne't in the draft room. No one really cares about Gomes nor Bynum and how their doing now beucase they aren't property of the New York Knicks. The incessant posting of their stats in summer league and preseason games is absolutely meaningless. No one cares what you think of Gomes and Bynum, they arent Knicks and thats the bottomline.

WHO CARES.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Ryan Gomes 18 points 7 reb in 23 minutes tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy