[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Brown needs to shut up and coach! (Article)
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/13/2005  10:53 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/4989088
Knicks' Brown needs to shut up and coach!
Charley Rosen / Special to FOXSports.com

Larry Brown is up to his same old self-protective tricks. As he did in Athens with Team USA, he's trying to forestall his being blamed for any possible failures by putting the onus on his players.

Brown had barely arrived in New York when he volunteered the opinion that the best player on last year's Knicks' squad was Allan Houston. Take that, Stephon! Now he's saying that while the Pistons of recent memory "knew how to play," his new players are "like a college team."
2005 NBA Preview

Yo, Larry. We all know that you're in the Hall of Fame. OK? And that you're a terrific coach. Right? And that you don't trust young players, e.g., Darko Milicic. Yes? And that even if the Knicks' season turns out to be a bomb, your coaching credentials will not be revoked.

But here's a suggestion: Why not just shut up and coach?
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/13/2005  10:54 PM
Thought this was an amusing article by an author just looking to start trouble
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/14/2005  7:46 AM
Rosen loves the Knicks more than Hollenger
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/14/2005  8:57 AM
This team is far from being as good as some of our fellow Ulitmateknicks posters think they are and will take more time.

This is rebuilding, you tear it down then build it back up.

Larry is telling you the truth, not obsolving his cred.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/14/2005  10:39 AM
Larry saying Allan was the best player probably isn't him talking about talent so much as brains/knowledge.

The problem with most of our players is they don't know what to do out on the floor- how to move the ball to the open man, how to get open, where to go to get open, when to pull up and shoot and when to pound the ball inside.

Allan is a coaches son- I hope he can indeed find an equilibrium between pain and ability to play- he could be that 'snow' type player who is able to be larry's spokesperson as it were...
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/14/2005  10:44 AM
wow, Phil Jackson....erm... I mean...Charlie Rosen sure had some strong words for Larry.
¿ △ ?
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
10/14/2005  11:56 AM
Posted by franco12:

Larry saying Allan was the best player probably isn't him talking about talent so much as brains/knowledge.

The problem with most of our players is they don't know what to do out on the floor- how to move the ball to the open man, how to get open, where to go to get open, when to pull up and shoot and when to pound the ball inside.

Allan is a coaches son- I hope he can indeed find an equilibrium between pain and ability to play- he could be that 'snow' type player who is able to be larry's spokesperson as it were...
That's debatable. Houston has been knocked for not having a clue sometimes of what's going on the court. See his early Piston days, look at his early days with JVG too. His execution in the final minutes of games is extremely suspect as well. I think I read somewhere a couple of years ago that most of his turnovers accorded in the 4th quarter. I think he is very coachable and open but has been described by Chaney, Dumars, JVG, Starks, Oakley, Spreewell and Ewing as non-asserted and unsure of himself on the court. Still remember the 98 playoffs against Miami where Starks is screaming at Houston to "shoot the goddamn ball!"
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Brown needs to shut up and coach! (Article)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy