[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

3 questions Knicks vs Nets
Author Thread
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
10/13/2005  4:48 PM
These wings can fly. The Nets made their big move last season when they landed Vince Carter in a December trade. So this summer, they shored up weaknesses and added depth by adding guard Jeff McInnis and forward-center Marc Jackson. McInnis will serve as the primary backup for Jason Kidd while Jackson will bring much-needed interior toughness to a team that ranked in the bottom five in the league in rebounding, field goal percentage and blocked shots in 2004-05. Meanwhile, New Jersey’s perimeter threats – Carter, Kidd and Richard Jefferson – will have to gel as they have played only eight regular season games together.

3 BIG QUESTIONS

Stephon Marbury averaged almost 25 points against Kidd last season, but the Nets won three of four games anyway. Who will be the better floor general?

New York will have its conditioning tested as Jefferson and Carter fill the lanes on Kidd’s high-powered fast break offense. Can the Knicks keep the pace?

Centers Eddy Curry, Jerome James and Channing Frye will try to establish a post offense and prevent New Jersey from getting into the lane. Will the Knicks dominate the paint?
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
AUTOADVERT
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
10/13/2005  4:49 PM
the Knicks will dominate the Nets...We have a much better roster than they do. We will not be outcoached by Franck this season.
The true Knickabocker..........
MX25
Member: #555
USA
10/13/2005  7:15 PM
Nets have the 3 best players. So i'll go with Nets winning 3 of 4 again.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/13/2005  7:24 PM
If Krystic has the season i think he might, it wil be better players, overall, at 4 positions. We have much more depth though, so hopefully we can stay fresh and get em tired.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
10/13/2005  7:58 PM
NYK vs NJN - Playoffs 2004, round 1 game 3
http://files.filefront.com/1rar/;4161322;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/2rar/;4162822;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/3rar/;4164356;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/4rar/;4164596;;/fileinfo.html

^ compare that with now. Even tho game 3 was a hardfought loss, we were clearly outgunned and couldn't run with them. At least we'll be... slightly better? Right now I'm doubting the nets trio a lot. I think the kmart-rj-jkidd-kittles lineup with harris and rogers off the bench, when healthy, was a lot better than this current nets team because they were balanced and played with each other. I don't see vc and jkidd both shrugging off stays on the IL this year.
http://allknicks.com
MX25
Member: #555
USA
10/13/2005  8:43 PM
Posted by teslawlo:

NYK vs NJN - Playoffs 2004, round 1 game 3
http://files.filefront.com/1rar/;4161322;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/2rar/;4162822;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/3rar/;4164356;;/fileinfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/4rar/;4164596;;/fileinfo.html

^ compare that with now. Even tho game 3 was a hardfought loss, we were clearly outgunned and couldn't run with them. At least we'll be... slightly better? Right now I'm doubting the nets trio a lot. I think the kmart-rj-jkidd-kittles lineup with harris and rogers off the bench, when healthy, was a lot better than this current nets team because they were balanced and played with each other. I don't see vc and jkidd both shrugging off stays on the IL this year.
Injury's happen. For all we know Curry's heart acts up. QRich back hurts. James gets banged up. Frye thin frame breaks down.

If both teams stay 100% healthy i still give edge to Nets. I'm giving them edge cause i don't wanna jinx knicks. I'mma play it safe

TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
10/13/2005  9:34 PM
Man listen, it doesn't matter what names the Nets have on the roster. The team that plays as a team will win. Period. Team offense and team defense are key factors. As long as LB keeps these guys on the same page team wise, we're good. LB will have our guys check egos at the door. Who's going to control the diva situations over in Jersey? Please don't say Lawrence Frank. Doesn't matter how many alley-oops are thrown and caught, it's only 2 points. I'd have no problem with that as long as we're banging them down in the post.

My guess is Kristic is in fowl trouble from the gate. Jason will be solid. Vince will make his spectacular plays. RJ will caught his share of alley-oops.....but he should be careful for the hard fouls that he's going to encounter down low. All I know is that RJ and Vince better fight to get over screens because I see LB making sure Ariza, Q and Craw are very active and always in motion. Nets back court is familiar with Stephs antics but they should also be prepared to chase Nate the great for however long he's in. The Nets are notorious for cheating on D with the Knicks. Any team who tries to cheat on D this season will play into LB's hands. We have a legit low post player who deserves attention so RJ, Kidd and Vince can cheat down low if they'd like but at their own risk. Also once Curry establishes a low post presence in the game the Nets need to be care with the double team from the 4 spot because you're leaving open a big man who like to step out...Frye. I believe in time, Brown will exploit all of these angles.

The Knicks will get the better end of the stick this season....despite Kidd's great offense we will get them with team play.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
NotFrye
Member: #935
10/13/2005  11:05 PM
The Knicks frontcourt will throw its collective feces all over the faces of Kristic and Co. this season.

Book it.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/13/2005  11:07 PM
Posted by NotFrye:

The Knicks frontcourt will throw its collective feces all over the faces of Kristic and Co. this season.

Book it.
Not sure if that's good or bad but Fish is right that this is easily the best forum in the world!

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 10-13-2005 11:07 PM]
NotFrye
Member: #935
10/13/2005  11:16 PM
It's good for the Knicks, but not as good for the Nets
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
10/13/2005  11:47 PM
Well we have the better coach, and I think better frontcourt. Everything else kind of balances out. I say 2/4
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/14/2005  1:48 AM
The Nets will get outplayed, outhustled and outcoached by the Knicks this year. Big Game James will do to VC what Collins did to Fugazy.

We Sweep the season series against the Nets this year.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
10/14/2005  8:17 AM
The Knicks will win 3 out of 4 this season. Marb will definitely outplay J. Kidd, Q and whomever will have similar production to the combo of VC and RJ, our PF and Centers will outplay their frontcourt, and we do have a much better bench....
The true Knickabocker..........
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/14/2005  10:47 AM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

The Nets are notorious for cheating on D with the Knicks. Any team who tries to cheat on D this season will play into LB's hands. We have a legit low post player who deserves attention so RJ, Kidd and Vince can cheat down low if they'd like but at their own risk. Also once Curry establishes a low post presence in the game the Nets need to be care with the double team from the 4 spot because you're leaving open a big man who like to step out...Frye. I believe in time, Brown will exploit all of these angles.

A lot of teams are going to cheat down low against us- and while I trust Larry to drill home what to do, how to move, I don't know who is going to be the mid range/3 pt threat for us. Rip, Chauncy & Prince were all lethal from outside- might as well put sheed in there.

Frye is a rookie so we don't know what he will do- if he can step into that KT , pick/pop mid range game, great- but it took Kurt a long time to develop that shot- Frye should be more talented- he was picked higher, played in a better program. But still, that mid range game is a lost art.
3 questions Knicks vs Nets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy