Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/25/2002  1:42 PM
OK, I'm thinking the top 3 are a lock and that the next 3 may be all big men:

1 - HOU: Ming
2 - CHI: J Will
3 - GSW: JR
4-6 - MEM, DEN, CLE: (in no particular order) Gooden, Nene, Wilcox.

Now, what do the Knicks do?

- Select a PG or SG who would sit behind another highly paid player? Butler, Wagner?
- Select Tskitishvili and hope and pray?
- Jefferies, Borchardt or Amare to fill the post and play defense?

The Knicks are definitely small man heavy and need a big. In this scenario I would either go with Amare or Tskitishvili, based purely on potential.

Thoughts?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/25/2002  1:56 PM
Skeeta hasn't worked out yet, so if that happened I'd go with Amare. Once he matures in maybe 4 or 5 years I think he'll be the best power forward in the draft. Already his body is ready for the NBA, if he developed some sort of a jumper and improved his posting up, his defense is good, he'd be a Jermaine O'Neal type player. I'd take him or Wagner, but would take a chance on him.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 06/25/2002 14:00:06]
#Knickstaps
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/25/2002  1:56 PM
Posted by martin:

- Select a PG or SG who would sit behind another highly paid player? Butler, Wagner?
- Jefferies or Amare to fill the post?

The Knicks are definitely small man heavy and need a big. In this scenario I would either go with Amare or Tskitishvili, based purely on potential.

Thoughts?

Take Wagner with pick and hope thing go well from there. The Knicks need help in this order.

Center, they don't have one. PF undersized with no intimidator in the paint. Camby a decent PF when health but never healthy. PG they are old and slow with glaring weaknesses. Jax defensive and offensive liability. Ward has good jumper but lacks ability to drive to the basket and create for others consistently. Eisley why did they even get him. Backup all his life and will be back up to any PG in the league. SF playing out of position but does a good job. SG only problem is he makes to much for what he is worth. If the Knicks follow this formula and all the top big men are gone then they should look at the next weakest position and that will be the point so take Wagner and go from there.
bigboymumu
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #251
6/25/2002  6:04 PM
Posted by martin:

- Jefferies, Borchardt or Amare to fill the post and play defense?

Thoughts?

That is the best case scenario. The worst case scenario would be the Knicks drafting Brochardt or Wagner. Skita is going to be a stud!
Worst Case Scenario

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy