[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

H20 might be calling it a career
Author Thread
oohah
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #887
10/13/2005  11:49 PM
So why didn't Chris Webber, Penny Hardaway, and most notably, Jamal Mashburn not get it then?

That is a question I have wondered about myself. The only answer I can come up with is that these surgeries are relatively new, less accepted, and perhaps more complex than microfracture. I know that just about every orthopaedist does microfracture, but only 3-5 in NYC do meniscus transplant/regeneration.

But one would think that pro athletes would be among the first to undergo new procedures, so I guess my answer is I really don't know. But ACI or a transplant is what is available after microfracture fails.

But the newer techniques are comparing favorably it seems: http://www.mensjournal.com/healthFitness/0511/surgery_knee.html

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 10-13-2005 11:52 PM]
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/13/2005  11:57 PM
This is the thing though. What if Knick Drs told Allan to get that surgery, however, what if Allan doesn't trust their word based on history? Just look at that history, starting with himself getting microfracture, and then look how the org deal with McDyess, Camby, Ewing and others. If this is the case as well, maybe we really shouldn't blame him. This also, by the way, makes me very concerned about Eddie Curry.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
oohah
10/14/2005  1:13 PM
This is the thing though. What if Knick Drs told Allan to get that surgery, however, what if Allan doesn't trust their word based on history? Just look at that history, starting with himself getting microfracture, and then look how the org deal with McDyess, Camby, Ewing and others. If this is the case as well, maybe we really shouldn't blame him. This also, by the way, makes me very concerned about Eddie Curry.

I don't really blame anyone who decides not to be cut, but publicly, it looked like he would not even consider another procedure, and if he wanted to play again, I think that he should have at least considered something else because microfracture does not seem to produce the results needed.

oohah

Bippity10
Member: #574
10/14/2005  1:26 PM
But that's the thing we don't know what he was considering. We are getting information from sports writers. We hear only part of the story and really have no idea what went on. Allan Houston is a multi, multi, multi millionare. I'm sure he got advice from numerous experts associated with and not associated with the Knicks. Some probably suggested surgery, some probably said it wasn't worth it. He then made his decision based on the information he got. 90% of the information he received we know nothing about. His medical history like everyone else's is kept private and the paper only writes what they hear from "sources". Cut the guy some slack.

Bottom line: Maybe Allan made the wrong decision. Maybe Allan will never be back, but why does this make him a bad guy? He's trying to make it back to the team and if he does WE WILL BE BETTER!!!!!!!

[Edited by - bippity10 on 10-14-2005 4:34 PM]
I just hope that people will like me
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/14/2005  1:35 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

But that's the thing we don't know what he was considering. We are getting information from sports writers. We hear only part of the story and really have no idea what went on. Allan Houston is a multi, multi, multi millionare. I'm sure he got advice from numerous experts associated with and not associated with the Knicks. Some probably suggested surgery, some probably said it wasn't worth it. He then made his decision based on the information he got. 90% of the information he received we know nothing about. His medical history like everyone else's is kept private and the paper only writes what they hear from "sources". Cut the guy some slack.

Bottom line: Maybe Allan made the wrong decision. Maybe Allan will never be back, but why does this make him a bad guy? He's trying to make ti back to the team and if he does WE WILL BE BETTER!!!!!!!

bip, that's the way i feel about it as well. well put.
oohah
10/14/2005  3:36 PM
Bottom line: Maybe Allan made the wrong decision. Maybe Allan will never be back, but why does this make him a bad guy? He's trying to make ti back to the team and if he does WE WILL BE BETTER!!!!!!!

I agree.

oohah

H20 might be calling it a career

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy