[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Discipline is what the Knicks needed and they have gotten it in Drill Sergeant Larry Brown....
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
10/11/2005  7:41 AM
Who here remembers the many games that we have lost in many of the second half of last seasons mainly because of mental breakdowns? If you think that Larry will allow this current Knicks team to fail like we have last season, you are crazy. Lenny and the other coaches were too layback to govern our team last season, as a result, our records was horrible. I am sort of glad that we have Malik to help Marburry understand how to receive Larry's messages..

"Hold up, hold up" Brown yelled throughout the workouts as he frequently interrupted yesterday's scrimmage to point out a physical or mental breakdown. And no one was spared. Stephon Marbury was questioned about ill-advised passes and poor decisions as much as rookie point guard Nate Robinson.

With the Knicks coming off a 33-49 season and in desperate need of leadership, Brown's way of doing things is a needed change. His players in Detroit grumbled about Brown's practices, which isn't surprising considering they were a veteran team. There was no arguing with the results, as the Pistons reached two straight NBA Finals and won one title.

He also recited a quote from Favre, who on Sunday said: "I've played long enough to know that if you do things the right way, if you practice and study and prepare and believe, eventually it'll go your way."

A few hours later, Brown stopped a scrimmage to express his displeasure with the way Robinson was running the offense.

"You guys forget everything we worked on for six days," Brown said. "Nobody is setting a screen, cutting and we end up with a (bad) shot." Brown reminds his players that it's called coaching, not criticism. And he's not going to change his style anytime soon.

"I don't look at it like I'm on them, I'm trying to teach them," Brown added. "When they do something right I try to tell them they do something right. When they do something wrong you try to coach them. This is the way I was taught and the way we've always done it."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/354434p-302174c.html

The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/11/2005  8:00 AM
http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=11809

[Edited by - rvhoss on 10-11-2005 14:11]
all kool aid all the time.
Topic LOCKED
Discipline is what the Knicks needed and they have gotten it in Drill Sergeant Larry Brown....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy