And the Yankees lose!
Author Thread
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/11/2005  1:37 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:

I fukin hate AROD! I cannot believe I bother watching these overpaid mother****ing athletes that dont ****ing give a crap about their team! I hate the fact I care more about the team than *******s like GAY ROD that hits into a DOUBLE PLAY in the bottom of the 9th. This guy is completely worthless! I hope there is a way to get rid of this guy. I am disgusted.

totally agree about a-rod. he needs to go if possible. And I hope we get Lou Pinella to manage! I think Torre is definitely over the hill. He had a great run but he got too comfortable he and he's loyal to guys like Mussina to a fault. I wouldn't be surprised if George hires Pinella. Torre always chooses to stick with the veteran, mussina, who has never been a big game pitcher to begin with. That throwing an inexperienced guy into the fire is bull****! Chacon did fine! and I would've been a lot more comfortable had wang and small pitched this series! small was 10-0 for crying out loud!!!!!
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/11/2005  1:41 AM
it is hard to win, that is why I think the yankee team that won 3 in a row from 98-2000 was one of the greatest teams I have ever seen, these guys play for themselves not for each other like the previous yankee teams did.. sheff hates A-rod and is jealous of jeter, Kevein brown hated mussina for god knows what reason, I mean this team was a mess... Randy Johnson we acquired a year too late... We have some promising young guys like cano and wang and probably a 3 year window with Rivera to go on another run, but we need to shakeup this lineup.. A-rod is just not the post season player we want him to be... Our hitting was way overrated and bullpen outside of rivera sucked...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
10/11/2005  1:41 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by Silverfuel:

I fukin hate AROD! I cannot believe I bother watching these overpaid mother****ing athletes that dont ****ing give a crap about their team! I hate the fact I care more about the team than *******s like GAY ROD that hits into a DOUBLE PLAY in the bottom of the 9th. This guy is completely worthless! I hope there is a way to get rid of this guy. I am disgusted.

totally agree about a-rod. he needs to go if possible. And I hope we get Lou Pinella to manage! I think Torre is definitely over the hill. He had a great run but he got too comfortable he and he's loyal to guys like Mussina to a fault. I wouldn't be surprised if George hires Pinella. Torre always chooses to stick with the veteran, mussina, who has never been a big game pitcher to begin with. That throwing an inexperienced guy into the fire is bull****! Chacon did fine! and I would've been a lot more comfortable had wang and small pitched this series! small was 10-0 for crying out loud!!!!!

Pinella....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats a good one.

Mussina never a big game pitcher? did you just start watching the yankees or something?
tkf
10/11/2005  1:44 AM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Pharzeone:

LOL, I was talking to a Brave fan, today and he said he feels bad but he said it could be worst. He could have been born a Met fan. We both had a good laugh.

possibly, but i think it would be worse knowing you are going to win the division every year and can never do anything further. the braves have won 14 yrs in a row, and have how many rings to show for it? at least when the mets make the playoffs, they have a shot at going to the series, whereas the braves hardly ever are expected to make it that far despite them constantly winning the division.

[Edited by - jaydh on 10-11-2005 12:32 AM]

I live here in atlanta, the fans have seem to grown used to this, winning the division and losing in the playoffs.. this would be a perfect place for A-rod to play, when the Braves lose the media isn't as harsh, neither are the fans... He would excell in a place where the expectations are not as high as NY..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
10/11/2005  1:46 AM
Posted by Knicksfan:

This really did it for me about A-Rod. I admitt I didn't like him from the beginning, but this year's strong season made me start to consider him really a Yankee, and forget things like his first postseason in pinstripes.

But this is too much. What an embarassing performance from him this series. And to end it that way? What a nightmare!

Something really amazes me: People used to compare Jeter to A-Rod, but they are so far one from the other! Today's game was really the example:

Jeter gets hits and drives people home. A-Rod hardly hits, 0 rbi's.
Jeter hits a homer to try to start things up for the Yanks. A-Rod either walks or is out.
Jeter starts the 9th with a single, starting the comeback. A-Rod ends all hope as he is double played.

A-Rod, you will hear it all summer long. Your postseasons keep stinking and stinking. You did nothing. From MVP, to LVP... Not even that, because it woulds assume that you have any value at all..

excellent post, I made a similar one on real GM, people used to say the yanks would of still won 4 rings with A-rod at short instead of jeter.. I completely dissagree and now we are seeing why, both on the field and at the plate..
tkf
10/11/2005  1:47 AM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by nixluva:

To me its all about A-Rod. I was so disappointed in him and Sheffield as well. You know the Yanks don't have great pitching anymore. The least we could do is score some freakin runs against the Kid. I knew tthey wouldn't tho. They never seem to do good against these unknown kids. I don't know how many times i've seen them beat great pitchers, but look totally lost against young guys they haven't seen a lot of.

you are underestimating ervin santana.

Posted by nixluva:

No Mets fans or fans of other teams should be jumping on this thread. That's just weak. You wish you even had the chance to be a situation like that.

actually i wouldnt since the yanks are old, overpaid, and are going no where. the mets have a very bright future with a few allstars in the making. the yanks are filled with has-beens

please get off that, pedro is aging, and the rest of your staff sucks, you have no pen, you overpaid for Beltran greatly, and your young players the few you have are Ok.... get off of it, the mets are consumate losers, for christ sakes..
jaydh
10/11/2005  1:55 AM
Posted by tkf:

please get off that, pedro is aging

so is the entire yankee team(at least the core players).
Posted by tkf:

you have no pen

and the yankees do?? oh yea, they got leiter in the pen... thats a good one.
Posted by tkf:

you overpaid for Beltran greatly

wow, coming from the most overpaid team in the league... players never have off years when they are traded?
Posted by tkf:

and your young players the few you have are Ok....

right, Reyes and Wright arent future all-stars in the making or anything.

[Edited by - jaydh on 10-11-2005 01:56 AM]
MX25
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #555
USA
10/11/2005  3:39 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by nixluva:

To me its all about A-Rod. I was so disappointed in him and Sheffield as well. You know the Yanks don't have great pitching anymore. The least we could do is score some freakin runs against the Kid. I knew tthey wouldn't tho. They never seem to do good against these unknown kids. I don't know how many times i've seen them beat great pitchers, but look totally lost against young guys they haven't seen a lot of.

Posted by nixluva:

No Mets fans or fans of other teams should be jumping on this thread. That's just weak. You wish you even had the chance to be a situation like that.

actually i wouldnt since the yanks are old, overpaid, and are going no where. the mets have a very bright future with a few allstars in the making. the yanks are filled with has-beens

please get off that, pedro is aging, and the rest of your staff sucks, you have no pen, you overpaid for Beltran greatly, and your young players the few you have are Ok.... get off of it, the mets are consumate losers, for christ sakes..

I'm a Met fan. You can say all you want about Pedro aging but they said that last off season and he went 15-8 and his era was 2.82. He's turning 34 in 2 weeks..not like he's 39. And unlike RJ when Pedro can't throw 96 and up he has tons of other pitches he uses to get people out.

Saying our young guys are ok is dumb. David Wright proved this year he's a legit player. His .306 27 102 in 1st full year proves it. Reyes , while he did'n't walk alot in begining of the year picked it up from july on. Plus we have Mike Jacobs at 1B who has 30+ hr power.

Yes Yankees are better. And yes Mets have no pen but the distance between both teams has shorted over the last year. And IMO will grow closer during this off season.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/11/2005  9:33 AM
game was lost when sheff and bubba collided.

10 print "arod blows"
20 goto 10
tkf
10/11/2005  11:06 AM
Posted by MX25:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by nixluva:

Posted by nixluva:

I'm a Met fan. You can say all you want about Pedro aging but they said that last off season and he went 15-8 and his era was 2.82. He's turning 34 in 2 weeks..not like he's 39. And unlike RJ when Pedro can't throw 96 and up he has tons of other pitches he uses to get people out.

Saying our young guys are ok is dumb. David Wright proved this year he's a legit player. His .306 27 102 in 1st full year proves it. Reyes , while he did'n't walk alot in begining of the year picked it up from july on. Plus we have Mike Jacobs at 1B who has 30+ hr power.

Yes Yankees are better. And yes Mets have no pen but the distance between both teams has shorted over the last year. And IMO will grow closer during this off season.

for all you met fans, when Wright and Reyes make the playoffs come see me then.. until then the Atlanta Braves will own you guys forever.. why am I wasting time arguing with mets fans is confusing, but usually I reserve these kinds of conversations for winning organizations....
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/11/2005  12:28 PM
Here's my .2 from a season ticket holder. First of all I'm glad I hawked my playoff tix on EBay. I made good coin and this team sucks and isnt worth paying to see as far as I am concerned.

Right now the Sox and Angels are thanking us for laying down a blueprint of how to suceed and win titles. To bad we no longer follow it.

A couple things... Gene Michael getting the boot is off the charts dumb. This is and was the only guy that could have saved us. He's the Jerry West of baseball, only better. Possibly the best talent evaluator in the game and GS kicks him to the curb. Great.

The "braintrust" starting with Cashman sucks. Look at the last 5 years worth of offseason aquisitions. These are the guys our GM put together to compete for a title:

2005 Wright, Pavano, Womack, Randy, Felix Rodriguez, Mike Stanton, Buddy Groom
2004 Gabe White, Kevin Brown, Tom Gordon, Javier Vazquez, Paul Quantrill, Miguel Cairo, Gary Sheffield, Kenny Lofton, Tony Clark, ARod, Travis Lee
2003 Chris Hammond, Matsui, Todd Zeile, John Leiber, Jose Contreras, Bubba Trammel
2002 Robin Ventura, Steve Karsay, Giambi, Rondell White, Sterling Hitchdick
2001 Mike Mussina

When you consider the resources the Yankees have, their willingness to trade farm players and their ability to take back large salary and eat contracts these moves just suck. Plain and simple they suck. They are only compounded by the huge cost it getting these guys here.

There is also ZERO patience. These guys get MAYBE a year and if they dont get it right by then they are gone, even if it means we have to eat some of their cash.

Look at the age of these players also.

All Cashman and the braintrust has done is they have poured so much money into every player and deal that its impossible not to make the playoffs.

Do I give him/them credit for Wang, Chacon, Small and Cano? No. Our pipeline sucks. Cano is nice, love Wang and Chacon. Small is a good 4th starter. Sorry, I'm not impressed though. Not when you look at the big picture and the resources available.

On the coaching:
We dont manage pitchers well. Too many come here and stink. Joe doesnt manage a bullpen well, and he's a p*ssy when it comes to dealing with veteran starters. The fact that he's ok with these guys half assing it disgusts me. I dont want to hear about Randy's back getting "tweaked"
Pitch the f-ing ball.

The ship is sinking, and Jeter and Mariano arent enough to keep it magically afloat. Instead the add old overpriced and underwanted talent at every position to fill the holes and are shocked that these guys fizzle when it counts the most.

Gonna be a long off season. May AJ Burnett will come for $50mm... heck, he's about .500 right?

Go get Juan Pierre to play CF. Go get BJ Ryan to take innings from the Penn. Take a shot on Roco Baldeli to get healthy. Send TB Pavano (paying70% of his $$ OF COURSE) along with Sturtze or Gordon for Baldeli and Gomes. Inject some speed, youth and toughness into this old crusty and weak team
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jaydh
10/11/2005  12:40 PM
Posted by tkf:

for all you met fans, when Wright and Reyes make the playoffs come see me then..

i guess Cano is better since he was on a playoff team.
Posted by tkf:

until then the Atlanta Braves will own you guys forever.. why am I wasting time arguing with mets fans is confusing, but usually I reserve these kinds of conversations for winning organizations....

yes, its going to be forever!! lol you arent even arguing. you are saying how the mets are garbage and you try to make points. but when you are rebuffed, all you can say is, the braves own you, talk to me when you make the playoffs. those are some good arguments. We'll see how much longer the yankees are a winning team. They have a lot of holes, a lot of aging players who just cant do it anymore, and not a lot of talent in their farm system.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/11/2005  12:47 PM
I like the Mets moves. Their pen is a disaster and if it wasnt they may have actually made the playoffs. Pedro was a great signing. The 2 kids in the infield are solid and Beltran will be fine. They have a ton of holes, Willie was average in year 1 and you cant win without a pen. So far Omar seems to have a decent vision IMO.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/11/2005  1:06 PM
Great post about the Yankees fish. I compltely agree about Gene Michael. I was pissed off about that before the seaosn and even more furious now! I don't know what the Yankees are thinking overpaying some of these guys who aren't Yankee type players! Go after Torii Hunter to play CF

[Edited by - gunsnewing on 10-11-2005 1:12 PM]
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/12/2005  2:26 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Do I give him/them credit for Wang, Chacon, Small and Cano? No. Our pipeline sucks. Cano is nice, love Wang and Chacon. Small is a good 4th starter. Sorry, I'm not impressed though. Not when you look at the big picture and the resources available.

hehe - fish just said that he loves wang

Redsoxrule
Member: #897
10/12/2005  6:31 PM
THE SNANKEES LOSE!!!!!!!!
We will NEVER win with Marbury as our cameo guy.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/12/2005  7:37 PM
...but the Red Sux lost first.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/12/2005  7:39 PM
OH MY GAWD!! LOOK WHO CRAHWLED OUT FRAM UNDER THE RAHK WHERE HE BELONGS!!!

[IMG_block] http://www.sportscrack.com/images/yankeessuck_small2.jpg [/IMG_block]
Redsoxrule
10/12/2005  8:54 PM
I can hear John Sterling now......

"THE SNANKEES LOSE"
THE SKANKEES LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE"

(and ARod sucks)
Redsoxrule
10/12/2005  9:01 PM
That little boy in the picture seems to be saying:

"Fark Q A-Rod"

I love this picture; thanks, Marv.

Oh yeah, the Skankee ship sunk a little deeper today with the departure of one of the few remaining nice guys in Mel Stottlemyre.
That leaves only three left on the team.

And the Yankees lose!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy