[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Remade Knicks Looking to Build Some Cohesiveness; Frye Hurt
Author Thread
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/10/2005  1:35 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/10/sports/basketball/10knicks.html?pagewanted=print

October 10, 2005

Remade Knicks Looking to Build Some Cohesiveness
By HOWARD BECK

CHARLESTON, S.C., Oct. 9 - The core is young and pliable, the coach is seasoned and wise, and if they stay together long enough, the Knicks may measure up to their hype. It is the staying together part that could prove toughest.

The coach, Larry Brown, is notorious for falling out of love with his players. The team's president, Isiah Thomas, has an itchy trading finger. But after another busy off-season, the Knicks look forward to some stability.

"I think the more you play with each other, the better you get," said Stephon Marbury, who has had 32 teammates in 20 months as a Knick.

Of the 15 players on last season's opening-night roster, only 5 remain. And when the new season begins Nov. 2, the Knicks will have three new starters in the lineup next to Marbury and Jamal Crawford.

Marbury is also playing for his fourth head coach in New York.

The constant change is a help and a hindrance: the Knicks have assembled better, younger talent, but at the cost of cohesiveness. Yet, Marbury said, "It's not hard when you're trying to make it right."

More changes are possible. Penny Hardaway's expiring contract could be used as a trading chip, and the Knicks are overstocked at power forward.

But they could be set for the season after last week's trade that sent Tim Thomas and Mike Sweetney to Chicago in exchange for Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis.

"Last year, we knew that it was going to be a totally different team," Crawford said. "So we kind of expected it. But now, if there's a lot of changes in this group, it'd be a surprise, because I think this is the group we're going to grow with."

REBOUNDS

Channing Frye has what the team called a stress reaction, a possible precursor to a stress fracture, in his right foot, and he will not practice again in Charleston. But Frye does not seem alarmed. "I definitely think it's just precautionary," said Frye, the No. 9 pick in the June draft.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
10/10/2005  1:41 AM
stupid frye, must have been james who stepped on it
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/10/2005  1:42 AM
I think (and hope) that Frye will be okay, but when did he fall to #9?
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
10/10/2005  1:49 AM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

I think (and hope) that Frye will be okay, but when did he fall to #9?
more indirect knicks hate.

TRU
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #196
USA
10/10/2005  6:21 AM
I really doubt your boy CF

is going to see much PT this year.

Darko Part Deux.

Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
TRU
Member: #196
USA
10/10/2005  6:29 AM
^^^ Uh... scratch that.

From the Post--"Brown has been impressed with Frye and believes the rookie has a chance to compete for minutes in the rotation."
Let it be known: I believe in the Knicks this year-- deep into the playoffs, I swear to you my brothers...
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/10/2005  9:42 AM
It's just a matter of whether its stictly precautionary or if this is a problem that could be a recurring one.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/10/2005  2:32 PM
Good thing Training Camp ends in a couple of days. Frye won't miss too much.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/10/2005  5:59 PM
I think its just a precaution. Frye is very important to the Knicks plans, so if he says he's got a foot ache, they're gonna sit him for a while. There's a long season ahead and I expect him to get more and more PT as the season goes on.
Remade Knicks Looking to Build Some Cohesiveness; Frye Hurt

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy