D Miles
Author Thread
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/10/2005  12:46 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Defective which makes him not a LB player, but an Isiah player. We tried to get him last year a few times.

Defective? Is that Nedyal showing his ugly head again???

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/10/2005  1:21 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:
Posted by Nalod:

Defective which makes him not a LB player, but an Isiah player. We tried to get him last year a few times.

Ok, there are some sarcastic twists that can be applied to some of Isiahs players. Lets see, Oh, Curry was available cuz he had a Defective heart and we have money. Vin was a drunk, and a heart patient! Penny is over the hill but has a defective bloated contract, Marbs has his selfish non-winning rap, Mo. T. substance abuse and weight problems, Big Game underachievment, Moochie had no shot and lost his cool hair, Q: bad marriage and bad back?, Crawford: shot selectoin, nobody wanted him, TT, the gazyness continued........

And I love these guys! They were upgrades or came to us cuz we could relieve a team of them. don't ignore some of the fact.

Im not here to ruin your day. I picture you with KNick pajamas, with Knick bed set, curtans, posters, wearing knick underRoos and all kinds of knick goodies in your little knick world! ANd im not gonna argue with you cuz in your mind, Your always right!

Look, Isiah tried to get Darius and theo with ending contract. That means we take on assets they would want to shed. see my point, there must be some defective aspect if Isiah is trying to get them this way, otherwise the team would never trade them or shop them!

And yes, I prefer this to anything layden did! We will pay a 65 million dollar TAX! Thats more than the Spurs whole payroll. We have increased in just two years our payroll by 50%! Isiah sure as shoyt blew it up but did it like nobody could have imagined. Nobody saw this!

I just got my BobCats tickets, got my league pass, might even get a tivo to catcht he games! I am into this team. Larry makes us legit! At least I recognize its dolan thats making this all possible. Isiah is smart, but Dolans money makes him a whole lot smarter!

The yanks are respected, but the but of many money jokes in sports.

Isiah has created a similar monster. Think about it, we got a payroll of almost$125 million and we got one third our team are rookies and Reezy! Thats intense! And if you can't see the special humor, satire, financial side then your missing out on some neat things!

Besides, you go to games, you pay the tix, the concessions, etc. It ain't cheap!

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/10/2005  2:19 PM
Great post Nalod.

But on your other post, I'm still sick of hearing this "He's not an LB type player!" How do we know? What if the player is willing to change? Chauncey did it. Raweed started to keep his composure a little bit. You would never think Iverson would be an LB type player either, but they went to the finals under Allens wing. It's all about the commitment and sacrifice, and if the player is willing, he'll get the minutes!
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/10/2005  2:42 PM
Great post, Nalod. Calling it like it is.
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/10/2005  3:08 PM
I think that Its all about circumstances. Its not that Isaiah just loves players with bad reputations and problems, he is just making the most of a harrible situation. He doesn't have cap space so he's willing to take calculated risks on other teams castoffs. Its a very smart idea. Sure it could backfire and has, but it can also work to great success if itt every comes together. Getting LB was the master stroke! He got a Coach who is PERFECT for our situation. Our Future has some GREAT young players, who actually have NICE personalities. JC, Q, Curry, Frye, Nate, Lee, Butler & Ariza don't have nasty attitudes or lots of off the court problelms. Most who know them say they are all great kids.

We really don't need anymore old vets. This teams future is in our young core. Those players actually do have the LB type of game and should do well. Right now LB has these guys atttention. They're like sponges and should be good for at least 3 years of dealing with LB, before they might start to grumble. These guys should get as much of an opportunity to play this year as possible. We know that over the next 2 years a few of our high priced vets will be gone and IT's moves will look a lot better in that light.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/10/2005  3:19 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Nalod:

Ok, there are some sarcastic twists that can be applied to some of Isiahs players. Lets see, Oh, Curry was available cuz he had a Defective heart and we have money. Vin was a drunk, and a heart patient! Penny is over the hill but has a defective bloated contract, Marbs has his selfish non-winning rap, Mo. T. substance abuse and weight problems, Big Game underachievment, Moochie had no shot and lost his cool hair, Q: bad marriage and bad back?, Crawford: shot selectoin, nobody wanted him, TT, the gazyness continued........

And I love these guys! They were upgrades or came to us cuz we could relieve a team of them. don't ignore some of the fact.

Im not here to ruin your day. I picture you with Knick pajamas, with Knick bed set, curtans, posters, wearing knick underRoos and all kinds of knick goodies in your little knick world! ANd im not gonna argue with you cuz in your mind, Your always right!

As are you sir. But you got me beat by a mile with that leather Knick thong and those fuzzy NYK slippers!

Look, Isiah tried to get Darius and theo with ending contract. That means we take on assets they would want to shed. see my point, there must be some defective aspect if Isiah is trying to get them this way, otherwise the team would never trade them or shop them!

Isiah did pledge to use unorthodox means to aquire players. It doesn't necessarily mean that Isiah won't try to get a player unless there's something wrong with them or their deal.

And yes, I prefer this to anything layden did! We will pay a 65 million dollar TAX! Thats more than the Spurs whole payroll. We have increased in just two years our payroll by 50%! Isiah sure as shoyt blew it up but did it like nobody could have imagined. Nobody saw this!

I'll rather have this roster with the payroll than the one we had when Isiah got here. The inmportant thing is to improve the talent level, and this current roster looks alot more worth the money than in years past!

I just got my BobCats tickets, got my league pass, might even get a tivo to catcht he games! I am into this team. Larry makes us legit! At least I recognize its dolan thats making this all possible. Isiah is smart, but Dolans money makes him a whole lot smarter!

It's more what is done with the money, IMO. LayDOwn had access to money, but maybe Dolan wasn't crazy enough to give LayDown carte blanche with the payroll. Thank God for Isiah Thomas!

They won more titles than anyone else in the game and are still a contender. The Yanks have good reason to not care about anyone's money jokes. Let the haters hate.

Isiah has created a similar monster. Think about it, we got a payroll of almost$125 million and we got one third our team are rookies and Reezy! Thats intense! And if you can't see the special humor, satire, financial side then your missing out on some neat things!

I hear ya, but also remember that'll be cut way down in a couple of years.

Besides, you go to games, you pay the tix, the concessions, etc. It ain't cheap!

Damn right it ain't cheap! They're also gonna raise the price on my Prime Rib Sammiches! Enough is enough!

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/10/2005  3:23 PM
Posted by nixluva:

I think that Its all about circumstances. Its not that Isaiah just loves players with bad reputations and problems, he is just making the most of a harrible situation. He doesn't have cap space so he's willing to take calculated risks on other teams castoffs. Its a very smart idea. Sure it could backfire and has, but it can also work to great success if it every comes together. Getting LB was the master stroke! He got a Coach who is PERFECT for our situation. Our Future has some GREAT young players, who actually have NICE personalities. JC, Q, Curry, Frye, Nate, Lee, Butler & Ariza don't have nasty attitudes or lots of off the court problelms. Most who know them say they are all great kids.

Well put! Isiah Thomas had to come up with ways to improve the roster and did, both in the short and long term.

Nalod
USA
10/10/2005  3:57 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Nalod:

Im not here to ruin your day. I picture you with Knick pajamas, with Knick bed set, curtans, posters, wearing knick underRoos and all kinds of knick goodies in your little knick world! ANd im not gonna argue with you cuz in your mind, Your always right!

As are you sir. But you got me beat by a mile with that leather Knick thong and those fuzzy NYK slippers!

A leather thong is uncomfortable. No way! But you'd convince me its not cuz its got "Knicks" on it! The pink slippers are excellent!

Isiah did pledge to use unorthodox means to aquire players. It doesn't necessarily mean that Isiah won't try to get a player unless there's something wrong with them or their deal.

Yes, he is unorthodox. There are many moves that have a financial slant to almost each one. He had to do this. Whats next, convicts? Malcontents like Rashweed can succeed with a strong coach on a strong team that has its chemistry. Putting together a collection like last years team can be toxic! I love plan "b" with the youth! Plan "A" was a disaster (33 wins!)

I'll rather have this roster with the payroll than the one we had when Isiah got here. The inmportant thing is to improve the talent level, and this current roster looks alot more worth the money than in years past!

I agree, your just restating what has already been said and what is obvious!

It's more what is done with the money, IMO. LayDOwn had access to money, but maybe Dolan wasn't crazy enough to give LayDown carte blanche with the payroll. Thank God for Isiah Thomas!

Thank god for Isiah thomas? Again, your stating the obvious. And an old rant of mine! But really, we will never really know what constraints Layden was under. Its obvious there was a change of Thinking. That God you thank his name is Dolan!

They won more titles than anyone else in the game and are still a contender. The Yanks have good reason to not care about anyone's money jokes. Let the haters hate.

Who is hating? Your getting paranoid. The yankees have not won in 5 years? They made a great run with a team that was largely farm built and had not considerable free agents. The dynasty was lame for many years in the 80s when george spend dumb. The 20 or so titles were done long before you or I were born! No hating here, but many upon many will comment on the payroll, and even make fun of it. My god man if you thing paying 65mil in taxes is not funny as hell, and we can't really expect a title this year, then your not up for a good laugh!

Not if we keep using our expiring deals.

Damn right it ain't cheap! They're also gonna raise the price on my Prime Rib Sammiches! Enough is enough!

I suppose you can thank God and Isiah for that! Enjoy!

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/10/2005  5:11 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by Nalod:

A leather thong is uncomfortable. No way! But you'd convince me its not cuz its got "Knicks" on it! The pink slippers are excellent!

LMAO don't forget to post the pic! lol

Yes, he is unorthodox. There are many moves that have a financial slant to almost each one. He had to do this. Whats next, convicts? Malcontents like Rashweed can succeed with a strong coach on a strong team that has its chemistry. Putting together a collection like last years team can be toxic! I love plan "b" with the youth! Plan "A" was a disaster (33 wins!)

As long as they play well and stay focused, I don't care whether they are convicts are not. As long as we gel as a team.

I agree, your just restating what has already been said and what is obvious!

It was restated for clarity and emphasis.

Thank god for Isiah thomas? Again, your stating the obvious. And an old rant of mine! But really, we will never really know what constraints Layden was under. Its obvious there was a change of Thinking. That God you thank his name is Dolan!

Nope. I'll thank Steve Mills for getting Dolan to sign off on Isiah's hiring, thanks.

Who is hating? Your getting paranoid. The yankees have not won in 5 years? They made a great run with a team that was largely farm built and had not considerable free agents. The dynasty was lame for many years in the 80s when george spend dumb. The 20 or so titles were done long before you or I were born! No hating here, but many upon many will comment on the payroll, and even make fun of it. My god man if you thing paying 65mil in taxes is not funny as hell, and we can't really expect a title this year, then your not up for a good laugh!

Stop right there- nobody's getting paranoid. Calm down. The point I was making was that Yanks fans could care less about anyone's "Yankee payroll" jokes. They may have won alot of those titles before our time, but have also won significantly during our time. As for our cap, we'll still be okay. I rarely ever mention our cap, seeing that it won't be nearly as bad once some of those contracts (Penny, MoT, Allan) come off in a couple of years.

Not if we keep using our expiring deals.

Hopefully he'll let at least one drop off the cap this year. Next year is a bit more complicated.

I suppose you can thank God and Isiah for that! Enjoy!

Now THAT one I thank your main man Dolan for! I might as well give him the extra dollar in his chubby little hand when I am at MSG.

Nalod
USA
10/10/2005  10:28 PM
Whoa, that was way too civil!

Nobody cares about money anyway. Yanks, Knicks, Dubyah Bush, sucking equity from home mortgages to buy plasma sets, etc.

Nobody cares!

20,000 dead in pakistan and nobody cares! It ain't here, it ain't news!

Its been a good run!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/10/2005  10:44 PM
What'd you expect? These are happy times, Nalod... Happy times about to get much happier!

We have alot to look forward to.
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
10/10/2005  10:47 PM
Nalod is a true Nets fan......forgive him
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
USA
10/11/2005  9:14 AM

What'd you expect? These are happy times, Nalod... Happy times about to get much happier!

We have alot to look forward to.

first time in years and yes I am looking forward to watching this team! Not just the wins mind you. In fact, the beauty of a team is watching it come together. Larry will not care about wins as much as the team executing there jobs! THE WINS WILL COME AS A RESULT!

I expect bone head moves, I expect lots of ghost passes and Marbs scowling! But the character of the team will be born from this and how they handle the pressure, selfish tendancies, and bad habits into a team game! This is not hating mind you , this is real expectations and excitement of what will be. I wish I could be close enough to hear larry TEACH these kids!

I don't care about "dunks", or swating a blocked shot into the 5th row as much as proper execution and keeping the ball in play for easy fast break!

To keep this post relevent, I could accept Darious under Larry Brown as I know he would have to adopt to a more mature style and contribute for the team. Under a weaker coach, no way.
Nalod
USA
10/11/2005  9:36 AM
Posted by diderotn:

Nalod is a true Nets fan......forgive him

I was a NEW YORK Net Fan! I was at many many games and loved the ABA. I was there when they beat Larry Browns Nuggests in a stunning come from behind game 7 win. The last ABA game.

I suppose they will be a "Brooklyn" team. I was born in Brooklyn.

ITs been almost 30 years since they left Long Island and once a NJ team, they became insignificant. I have not liven in NYC in 20 years so count me out as a NET hater. And don't even tell me I can't be a Knick fan unless I am a Net Hater! And I won't tell anyone how to be a fan!

Dr. J, Brian Taylor, Larry Kenon, John Williamson, and company! 1974 and 1976 NBA champion....

Brooklyn Nets! Thats sounds good to me. Look me up from last year and I said competitin is healthy and would be good for the knicks. And low and behold Dolan sees he better not let the team slide otherwise he loses brand integrity! The more you hate the Nets, the better it is for all things knicks. More apparel sales, more tickets adn television revenue. NEW YORK BASKETBALL profits form healthy competition. For basketball fans, living in NY will just gets better!

Don't forgive me Dido, I am my own man!

D Miles

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy