[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How would you coach the offense?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/8/2005  1:29 PM
I think it all starts and ends with Craw and Marbs. I think they both should have freedom to score whenever they see an opening in the defense. They have to dictate the game. Both are good drive and dish players. When the play isn't working they have to create something. That's Marbs whole game.

The Start? Marbs and Craw must findd Curry, and "Q". I think they should both be first and second options from the start no matter what. Marbs and Craw must figure out when things are not going well and take over.....then bring it back and start dishing again.

Bottom line feed Curry and Q......work the rest of the team in. Bigs must get up the court and get position. Marbs and Craw should have the greenlight so to speak but they have to keep the rest of the teamates in mind first and foremost.

I think this is how Brown will work it and this is how I would if it were me.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/8/2005  1:44 PM
Give the ball to Nate and get out of the way.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
10/8/2005  2:04 PM
Here's how I hope this team can succeed with/despite the addition of Curry.
We need to run disciplined offense and shoot a high percentage to be successful. Our half-court D will not be impressive so stifling the opposing teams' running game will be crucial and making shots is a big part of that. To me, there are 5 keys to our offense - 1) frequent Curry post-ups, 2) Marbury/Frye pick and rolls 3) using Frye's jumpshooting as bait to unclog the lane for dribble penetration and back-door cuts (maybe even use Frye as a high post passer), 4) using Curry's ability to set screens for hand-offs and give and go's, 5) keep Marbury as the PG to save time getting into offensive sets and get better decision making. A caveat to 5 is if Crawford has suddenly decided to drive the ball to the basket. Hopefully, Crawford and Richardson show a commitment to cutting hard without the ball. We also need these guys give us consistent jump-shooting - something that remains a question mark.

Defensively, what can I say - lets hope Frye can cover for our perimeter guys when they force guys baseline and Ariza can play his way into the starting rotation. We need Curry to try and look more intimidating. Marbury and Crawford need to get over screens. Nate should get 20mpg if only to press opponent PGs.

Rebounding - we're going to get killed. Hopefully, 3 years down the line Frye and Curry can do better here.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
10/8/2005  2:08 PM
motion, and ball movement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
10/8/2005  3:03 PM
Post Frye High and Curry low. Put the wings in motion, and let Marbury freelance when the offense is not going well.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/8/2005  3:50 PM
I'd have the guards move the ball inside when it's to our advantage. Larry Brown will help Curry and Frye with passing to the open man on the wing then the defense is drawn to them. They'll also have to learn positioning within Larry's system for rebounding.

I'd use Q for both inside and outside offense- posting up smaller opposition and/or getting open outside shots.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 10-08-2005 3:55 PM]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
10/8/2005  4:20 PM
RUN IT, BABY!
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/8/2005  4:42 PM
I figure maybe let Curry bring the ball up most of the times and have Jamal Crawford post up down low, especially against the bigger centers. Crawford will be able to waive his magic wand. And then Marbury can play power foward and set screens for our shooting guard, Antonio Davis. It will work out and we'll be champions......

Of sucking of course....
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
10/8/2005  5:56 PM
Posted by codeunknown:
1) frequent Curry post-ups, 2) Marbury/Frye pick and rolls 3) using Frye's jumpshooting as bait to unclog the lane for dribble penetration and back-door cuts (maybe even use Frye as a high post passer), 4) using Curry's ability to set screens for hand-offs and give and go's,

I agree.
Frye's jumper will be key to keeping the lane unclogged for steph to drive or for Curry to turnaround and bang it on someone.

Frye int he high post and Curry low also opens up the court for quick cuts to the basket.

If Curry demands a double team and dominates the way we know he can, it will open up a number of things for our offense, we have a nice balance of weapons.

How would you coach the offense?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy