Reality
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2005  11:14 AM

Mistakes of youth or character flaw?

Eddie sounds like a fun loving easy guy. This is great, but some of the intensity that drove Ewing, jordan, and other "greats" is a focus and concentration and a killer instinct.

Its been said Eddie does not have great ambition and work habits, eating habits, and lifestyle has been questioned.

No one questions to talent and potential.

Sure he can mature, and im sure being under larry would be great, but to be get better you have to Want to improve. Not all players, even those with great gifts wish to use them. He is financially set now providing he stays healthy and will this stagnate his progress?

Chicago had some concerns with him before his heart became a problem.

If anyone is familiar with his situation, please let us know.

Put the Kool aid down for a second and ponder the reality.

AUTOADVERT
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
10/8/2005  11:16 AM
Jordan and Ewing weren't millionaire teenagers living in their hometowns. He's matured a lot and is ready for the challenge of being a Larry Brown Knick.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/8/2005  11:39 AM
I think that had Curry been under a College coach like John Thompson, that would have helped shape him into more of a man. He would have been around the old Georgetown Bigs over the summer and learned how to be a man and a pro.

Still I think Curry will be just fine. I remember way back to when I was his age and I know now how much I had to learn and mature. Granted I was always a very responsible kid, due to my upbringing, but I did make a lot of mistakes that only experience can teach you how to handle. Curry will be fine. He's in good hands now. I like our organization and the staff we have. LB is a great teacher and I know that he has the respect of all the players.
bernard
Member: #475
10/8/2005  11:53 AM
I hear you, Nalod. Clearly is a valid concern. Whether he develops that hunger and killer instinct will define whether he's good or great, and may well determine whether the Knicks win a championship in the next 5 years.

That said, even if he doesn't continue to develop as he has been over the last couple of years, he's already a top 10 center and this is a steal of a trade, assuming the unmentionable doesn't happen.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/8/2005  12:33 PM
This thread is living proof that Nalod is the MOST CAUTIOUS Knick fan on this forum. It ok to be excited Nalod. Come on man, atleast for a week (thats when the preseason starts. I know because I am couting down to it) join me in blind optimism. It fun. EDDY CURRY IS OUR FRANCHISE CENTER!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
10/8/2005  1:03 PM
Curry has much improvement to make and its going to take a while, if at all. Until then, Isiah has
just as much work to do. That, as Nalod pointed out, is reality.

In terms of offensive options, our team is stacked and quite impressive. Of course, our rate of conversion won't be nearly as impressive because our outside shooting is lacking. That means unlike Phoenix/Dallas, defense is still part of the plan unless losing is on the agenda. Whether our frontcourt can be taught to defend or rebound is still up in the air. On that note - instead of Jerome James - a Reggie Evans type might have been a better influence on Curry and Frye.

[Edited by - codeunknown on 10-08-2005 1:04 PM]
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Reality

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy