notes from training camp (oct 7)
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/7/2005  11:47 PM
Notes from Training Camp - Oct 7, 2005

Eddy Curry Begins Practicing With Knicks

Charleston, SC, October 7, 2005 – The Eddy Curry era as a New York Knick began Friday night at the team’s training camp at the College of Charleston.

In fact, it officially started at 6:58 p.m., just moments after the NBA reviewed the Knicks’ medical team’s findings and cleared Curry to practice with his new team.

Curry had been through a number of tests since being traded to New York earlier in the week. Curry missed the Bulls’ final 13 games and the playoffs last season after being diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat

“This was a very complicated issue that required a lot of sensitivity and care,” said Knicks President, Basketball Operations Isiah Thomas. “We did a lot of research and consulted with a lot of different doctors and made sure that we came to the right conclusion.

“I’m extremely confident that Eddy is going to be playing in the NBA and living a healthy life for a long time. We’re happy to have Eddy as a New York Knick.”

Curry, along with Antonio Davis, was acquired from the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday in exchange for Tim Thomas, Michael Sweetney, Jermaine Jackson, a conditional first-round draft choice in the 2006 NBA Draft, two future second-round draft selections and the opportunity to exchange a future draft choice.

“Right now I’m extremely happy to be in this situation with a great team, a great coach and a great GM,” said Curry as he met with the media in the school’s cramped Top Cat room following practice. “I happy to have all that stuff behind me and people can start looking at me as a basketball player and not as a patient.

“I’ve seen so many doctors and I’m satisfied where my health is right now. I’m focused on becoming a better player and teammate.”

The 22-year-old Curry, who had spent the past couple of days relegated to sitting courtside and observing his would-be teammates workout, was ready to finally hit the floor.

“It (the first practice) was tough, but I was so happy to be out and not have any worries,” added Curry. “I’m not at any more risk than anyone else. I’m more worried about breaking a finger. I’m not worried about my heart.”

Curry, 6-11, 285-pounds, averaged 16.1 points and 5.4 rebounds, and shot 53.8-percent from the floor (393-730) in 63 games for Chicago. He helped the Bulls to 47 wins and their first playoff appearance since the last of Chicago’s six NBA titles in 1998.

“I’m thrilled he’s with us,” said Knicks Coach Larry Brown. “I think we’re very fortunate to have a player like him with such a huge upside. It’s going to be a privilege for me to have an opportunity to coach him.

“He’s as gifted as any young big kid I’ve seen. I felt that way as an opposing coach. Now I know the scouting report we had on him was right. To realize he’s with us now is pretty special.”

Injury Update
Maurice Taylor is suffering from a strained right Achilles and is listed as day-to-day.
AUTOADVERT
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
10/7/2005  11:56 PM
Awesome! We got a steal! It really was caffeine and dietary suplements!

[Edited by - PhilinLA on 10-08-2005 12:00 AM]
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
notes from training camp (oct 7)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy