[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Curry Era
Author Thread
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
10/7/2005  11:16 PM
we have a 22 year old supertalented center for the first time since 1985, actually we may have 2, there's this Frye kid... We have excellent supporting talent, and a coach who can teach them how to "play the game right." Fun times. What are we missing?
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/7/2005  11:18 PM
another thread about curry

we don't really have any player known for defense outside of possibly ariza and rose.
and we don't have a known monster rebounder.
oh, and we don't have micheal jordan.
FrenchKnicks
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #147
France
10/7/2005  11:25 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

we don't really have any player known for defense outside of possibly ariza and rose.

But we have a couple of expiring contract to make a trade for that, so basically, we've got everything and the assets to get the missing pieces...

With Mo T, Penny and AD, Isiah can go shopping before the deadline
PhilinLA
10/7/2005  11:30 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

another thread about curry

Brown's team will play d and rebound. Herb is on the scene to coach that.

Speaking of Herb, I wonder if he sees himself and Clark Kellog at all when he looks at Curry and Frye.

PhilinLA
10/8/2005  12:04 AM
did you guys see the practice footage on sportsdesk? He's a monster!
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
10/8/2005  12:05 AM
Damn I missed it! I'll have to wait for the next half hour! This is pretty exciting.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
PhilinLA
10/8/2005  12:10 AM
TM, do. He's a beast! This is like when we got Ewing!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2005  12:19 AM
We got lots and lots of money.

We need a convict. Maybe we get lucky and ben wallace gets drunk and runs over a few mimes. Detroit cancels his contract on a morals clause.

A few mounths later, WE do a DNA test to show that he had a genetic disposition to be violent in the presence of mimes (or the french for that matter) and it was not his fault. Isiah finds the nastiest attorney and gets him off on the "Afro-Franco" rage complex and signs him as a free agent. Only problem is keeping him restrained around Tony Parker. Since "Boris" Diaw sounds like a rocky and Bowerwinkle character, he is ok with the suns. Pietrus on the warriors is also ok cuz there are no real french brothers anyway!

Isiah said 'we will find creative ways to get players". And he ain't kidding.

Curry needs to rebound and play defense. ewing had a much greater range of talents.
PhilinLA
10/8/2005  12:30 AM
This was sure creative.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/8/2005  1:17 AM
Posted by PhilinLA:

we have a 22 year old supertalented center for the first time since 1985, actually we may have 2, there's this Frye kid... We have excellent supporting talent, and a coach who can teach them how to "play the game right." Fun times. What are we missing?

I think potentially, the nucleus of Frye, Curry, Ariza, Nate, Lee, Craw can be here a long time. not sure if Steph will fit in long term (talking like 5 yrs from now), but everyone in that first group can. over the next two years we have Penny, Mo and Allan coming off the books and looking like huge expiring deals for trades. maybe a guy like Boozer or Lebron pops on the market and we have the right pieces. I don't know. given the last two years, I'm not expecting this nucleus to stay intact very long. I could see Isiah making a big play for KG this winter. I really hope I'm wrong and this team gets a chance to grow on its own. If this team grew up together and won a title in three years, that would be the sweetest thing I could imagine.
¿ △ ?
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/8/2005  1:20 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Re-post that quote when Isiah gets Exec of the Year, Nalod.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/8/2005  1:22 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by PhilinLA:

I think potentially, the nucleus of Frye, Curry, Ariza, Nate, Lee, Craw can be here a long time. not sure if Steph will fit in long term (talking like 5 yrs from now), but everyone in that first group can. over the next two years we have Penny, Mo and Allan coming off the books and looking like huge expiring deals for trades. maybe a guy like Boozer or Lebron pops on the market and we have the right pieces. I don't know. given the last two years, I'm not expecting this nucleus to stay intact very long. I could see Isiah making a big play for KG this winter. I really hope I'm wrong and this team gets a chance to grow on its own. If this team grew up together and won a title in three years, that would be the sweetest thing I could imagine.

Good post. I wouldn't be surprised Isiah's next big move is trading Marbury.
PhilinLA
10/8/2005  1:24 AM
KG, like Curry and Craw has been a long term interest in the Zeke era. I don't know if adding Curry to Frye has dulled the interest in KG, but I think another forward will be added. I'd say Craw needs to prove himself this year or we'll open up guard again. Right now they're very hopeful about Starbury, Craw and Nate (and Q though he'll play both).
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
10/8/2005  1:30 AM
Isiah as Kool G. Rap: (for those who hated)

"....I'll show you that I got force.
My team burns ya mouth like hot sauce!
Run for water while I break ya tape-recorder
Serve these suckas, the order is manslaughter!"

That was for you HARDCORE (From the Symphony)

And so the Curry era begins! Damn, I have to get used to typing that name here at Ultimate. I predict that when we do win a title it will be with Curry at center. Although Craw and Curry are tight I really see an on court bond forming between Curry, Nate and Ariza. Don't ask me why. I just see those three guys clicking in a speacial way. Not to skip over Frye. I think some of us are deminishing his worth. We has a good amount of flashy players. Frye is everything but. But to me, that's going to be the beauty having him in the mix. A guy who Larry's going to be able to count on to run plays the way he's asked to...setting screen, hitting jumpers, weak side help. Of course he has rebounding to work on. But Frye is really going to compliment the Currys and the Nates and Stephs and Craws. He's going to be so important with the high/low game he can play with Curry.....for years!
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
PhilinLA
10/8/2005  1:33 AM
I don't underestimate Frye at all and think he can be a special player. The idea of he and Curry on a front line together has me beaming like an idiot.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/8/2005  1:47 AM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by crzymdups:

I'd be amazingly surprised. I think Isiah's licking his chops at the thought of seeing Steph direct this team. Remember how well Minny did when Steph had talent to run with? And his full year in Phoenix with Amare and Marion? I think Steph's the MVP of this club and i predict he ups his leadership profile with this talent this year, like Kidd arriving in NJ or Nash in Phoenix.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/8/2005  1:57 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by crzymdups:

I'd be amazingly surprised. I think Isiah's licking his chops at the thought of seeing Steph direct this team. Remember how well Minny did when Steph had talent to run with? And his full year in Phoenix with Amare and Marion? I think Steph's the MVP of this club and i predict he ups his leadership profile with this talent this year, like Kidd arriving in NJ or Nash in Phoenix.

I guess I feel either Isiah will build with the kids and Marbury will be moved (in like 2-3yrs) OR he'll keep Marbs and some of the kids will be moved in a MAJOR deal like for Lebron or KG.

I love Marbs, but I don't know if I see him becoming a Kidd/Nash type of leader. He runs one of the worst fast breaks I've ever seen. I know people will say he doesn't have guys running with him, but I swear he looked off Ariza streaking down court at LEAST 25 times last year. That's not leadership or team play. I think Marbury's ability to become a team guy, to let his ppg slip to 16, will determine the course Isiah takes. If Marbury makes the leap, Zeke packages some of the kids for a major deal. If Marbs doesn't, he gets phased out and we see where the kids take us in a few years.
¿ △ ?
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
10/8/2005  2:14 AM
Posted by PhilinLA:

I don't underestimate Frye at all and think he can be a special player. The idea of he and Curry on a front line together has me beaming like an idiot.

me too, I am beaming like a big idiot. I think this is a good start building a good front line, add in lee and ariza and you have some long athletic players on the floor. I am beaming, can't you see me now... whoa!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/8/2005  8:23 AM
Posted by TheloniusMonk:

Isiah as Kool G. Rap: (for those who hated)

"....I'll show you that I got force.
My team burns ya mouth like hot sauce!
Run for water while I break ya tape-recorder
Serve these suckas, the order is manslaughter!"

That was for you HARDCORE (From the Symphony)

And so the Curry era begins! Damn, I have to get used to typing that name here at Ultimate. I predict that when we do win a title it will be with Curry at center. Although Craw and Curry are tight I really see an on court bond forming between Curry, Nate and Ariza. Don't ask me why. I just see those three guys clicking in a speacial way. Not to skip over Frye. I think some of us are deminishing his worth. We has a good amount of flashy players. Frye is everything but. But to me, that's going to be the beauty having him in the mix. A guy who Larry's going to be able to count on to run plays the way he's asked to...setting screen, hitting jumpers, weak side help. Of course he has rebounding to work on. But Frye is really going to compliment the Currys and the Nates and Stephs and Craws. He's going to be so important with the high/low game he can play with Curry.....for years!

Hell yeah, monk! Hahaa that Kool G Rap line was one of my favorites- As I read it, I still remembered the flow of that part of the track, like I was taping the song off the Mr. Magic & Marley Marl Show all over again.

You also bring up a great point about the Frye. He's going to benefit big-time from having Curry here. I see Larry Brown working with both of them to sharpen their passing skills, so they can connect for easy baskets better.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
10/8/2005  9:26 AM
Posted by Nalod:

We got lots and lots of money.

We need a convict. Maybe we get lucky and ben wallace gets drunk and runs over a few mimes. Detroit cancels his contract on a morals clause.

A few mounths later, WE do a DNA test to show that he had a genetic disposition to be violent in the presence of mimes (or the french for that matter) and it was not his fault. Isiah finds the nastiest attorney and gets him off on the "Afro-Franco" rage complex and signs him as a free agent. Only problem is keeping him restrained around Tony Parker. Since "Boris" Diaw sounds like a rocky and Bowerwinkle character, he is ok with the suns. Pietrus on the warriors is also ok cuz there are no real french brothers anyway!

Curry needs to rebound and play defense. ewing had a much greater range of talents.

Actually Ewing was known as a defensive monster in college with limited offensive skills. Much like Russell. That's why Ewing gets beat up in the press. His defense was a disappointment to many who thought he fell in love with his outside shot.

I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
The Curry Era

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy