[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

with the nba looking down at us--do we keep davis--i hope YES
Author Thread
bernard
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #475
10/8/2005  10:03 AM
This is simple.

If IT didn't agree to waive AD as part of the deal, there's no way he should. Why eat the contract, and more importantly, why give up the expiring contract trading chip. I'd be hesitant to buy him out too, because that expiring contract will become/already is valuable. I don't want to give up that value for nothing in return. AD may not come to play, he may need to be suspended ... whatever. No reason to be hostage to what he says he wants. He didn't have a no-trade contract with Chicago, and he got traded. His tough luck. And, his beef should be with Chicago, not NY.

If IT did agree to waive him (which, imo, he did -- though none of us really knows), then he's got to live up to his word. First, it's the right thing to do. Second, he's going to want to make other trades and already has a reputation for being slippery -- can't afford to add more fuel to that fire.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2005  10:09 AM
Its all been decided. Just wait.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/8/2005  1:00 PM
Zo pulled the same stunt with Toronto. Then he got waived and signed with the Heat. I think they should keep the expiring contract. Too valuable an asset.
This is the Randle.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/8/2005  1:32 PM
I am with Briggs and fishmike. Antonio could be our best rebounder, b/c we have no others for the current moment, as well as our best defender. All of our other guys could very well average 5 rpg. Imagine Q being our best rebounder? Scary thought, right? We have to try and convince Antonio that NY is the place to be for another year, then he can do what he wants.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
10/8/2005  1:36 PM
Antonio isn't the rebounder he used to be and he doesn't block shots any more. He's just take minutes from the younger players. We have Rose when we need toughness inside.
with the nba looking down at us--do we keep davis--i hope YES

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy