[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Michael Jordan
Author Thread
LongIslandKnicksFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #496
USA
10/7/2005  8:59 PM
I just read his name in the Curry article and do remember the old days. I mean, for us who are in our mid 20's, and even in our mid-thirties, to have Michael Jordan was a treat. There's a part of me that hates him for what he did, but then theres a part of me that appreciates how much of a hardworker he was. A gifted athlete, arguably the best NBA player of all time (I'd say it's Wilt Chamberlin), he always did what he had to, to win. Of course, there were trails and tribulations that came along with his playing, like personal problems in which the media scrutinized him, like him cheating on his wife, etc, but he always pulled through. I always wonder what if this guy, this demon to Knick fans, Michael Jordan (born in NY I might add!) ever played for the Knicks and we never got Ewing. I guarentee we would have Championships.

Now, we have had Patrick Ewing, our franchise player, and with the era of having a new one in Curry, we have a new stepping stone in place. We hope, as Knick fans, to have a team that is a hardworking, defensive beast for years to come.

My main point is this. Michael Jordan. The finese, the beauty that he brought to the game. It got me thinking, and I want all of your opinions... How do you feel about him right now, in October 2005?
AUTOADVERT
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
10/7/2005  9:26 PM
Jordan - was the best. Tremendous athlete, tremendous will to win. The knicks played to Generals to the Bulls Globe Trotter destiny. He ruined a lot of years for the knicks but the longing to finally beat him certainly kept us all interested. I think he was better then Wilt. The difference in talent between Wilt and the rest of the NBA when WIlt was in his prime was huge. But Wilt wasn't as much of a competitor. Jordan was the best talent and a fierce competitor.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/7/2005  9:49 PM
It hurts when I think back to the Jordan era... That man cost the KNICKS championships! I know how good he was- he had to drop 50 to beat the Knicks by 2. During those years, we were their biggest rival. I just wanted the Knicks to beat that squad when they were running at full strength. MJ, his team, and their punk-azz fans are a big reason I became so amped to represent my Knicks. Seeing Curry develop into a star will ease that pain significantly (reaching for a reason to feel like we got one over on them).
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/7/2005  9:58 PM
Posted by LongIslandKnicksFan:

Of course, there were trails and tribulations that came along with his playing, like personal problems in which the media scrutinized him, like him cheating on his wife, etc, but he always pulled through.

yeah but do you ever think about what this guy must have been offered every second of his adult life? not just offered but constantly pushed up in his face? did you ever check out some of the pics of the babes he took up with? i mean c'mon, who among us is so strong . . .

daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
10/7/2005  10:10 PM
one way to describe jordan, =c0ck block=
to explain that phrase think of guys like ewing, malone, reggie, stockton, just to name the h.o.famers. that guy deprived half the league of well deserved rings.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/7/2005  10:14 PM
Posted by daddynel:

one way to describe jordan, =c0ck block=
to explain that phrase think of guys like ewing, malone, reggie, stockton, just to name the h.o.famers. that guy deprived half the league of well deserved rings.

My point exactly, but I just viewed it from a Knicks perspective.

You're right- those other guys could have won something too, though. Jordan's a villian!

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/7/2005  10:41 PM
Tell Jordan to stop selling his sneakers for so much!!!!

People are literally dying so he can get paid!!!

Huh?

[Edited by - enyspree on 10-07-2005 10:41 PM]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2005  12:41 AM
JOrdan was the most intense player to have the matching talent and genetic gifts of not just jumping, but to stay healthy.

Jordan and pippen two guys under 6-8 surrounded by nice role players orchestrated by a great coach.

Jax does not get his do cuz of the players. I say he MADE them in great champions.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/8/2005  12:47 AM
I still say if Scotty F'ing Sterling didn't make that asinine trade of the draft pick that became Pippen for Jawann Oldham, Ewing wins multiple championships, maybe as many as Mikey.
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
10/8/2005  1:28 AM
you kill me when you remind me. He also turned down Louis Orr for Chris Mullin and Louis Orr for Clyde Drexler.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/8/2005  1:40 AM
The trade had almost as much impact as the Yankees' purchase of Babe Ruth from the Sox.
Michael Jordan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy