Stephen A. Smith
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/7/2005  4:10 PM
Posted by martin:

i just re-read the points and they don't all add up. I'm assuming NY doesn't care/want AD, and that's kinda reasonable. They have enough bodies and it'll give Frye more minutes. AD would only be a 1 year rent anyway.

Why play possum or chicken or whatever? IF Curry has passed the tests, NY should declare him healthy and confirm their side of the deal. Why wait? Nothing to gain, because all else being said (exchange of draft picks, etc.) Curry is the big coup.

Why does Pax hold up the deal? He isn't gonna get anything out of Curry coming back to Chicago, assuming that Curry has his eyes set on NY.

I don't know, maybe there is more in play that we have not heard about.

i guess one way to reason it out is the if new york declares him medically fit and is cleared to play, then chicago renegs by claiming some BS thing to fail tim or mike on a physical, they can then up their offer and just re-sign him (if they give up on their dna request).
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
10/7/2005  4:10 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I don't think Stern is going to do any thing that would look like any kind of favoritism towards NY.

I'm thinking that the big reason Paxson is holding this deal up is that he wants some assurance from Zeke that AD will be waived. I don't know, if he's decided he wants Curry back, this deal may be in trouble.
I think Pax can't get Curry back since Curry will never take the DNA test for him, it was illegal to ask and if Pax dropped his DNA demand it would show it was all a disingenuous effort to lowball Curry to begin with. This is about Davis, and as such I'm sure it can be resolved.

http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
10/7/2005  4:11 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

SAS = Steven A Smith (I think)

Ah ha...thanks

This whole thing is getting annoying from our impatent fan perspective. Back and forth on the info, with no offical word on anything. Hopefully we get some official comment soon.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2005  4:14 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by martin:

i just re-read the points and they don't all add up. I'm assuming NY doesn't care/want AD, and that's kinda reasonable. They have enough bodies and it'll give Frye more minutes. AD would only be a 1 year rent anyway.

Why play possum or chicken or whatever? IF Curry has passed the tests, NY should declare him healthy and confirm their side of the deal. Why wait? Nothing to gain, because all else being said (exchange of draft picks, etc.) Curry is the big coup.

Why does Pax hold up the deal? He isn't gonna get anything out of Curry coming back to Chicago, assuming that Curry has his eyes set on NY.

I don't know, maybe there is more in play that we have not heard about.

i guess one way to reason it out is the if new york declares him medically fit and is cleared to play, then chicago renegs by claiming some BS thing to fail tim or mike on a physical, they can then up their offer and just re-sign him (if they give up on their dna request).

true, but at this point there is a BIG risk on CHI part ... they might not be able to get more than a 1 year deal out of Curry and they would most likely lose him after the season. Same position as before. I mean, if NY cleared him, CHI could have cleared him a long while back and maybe given him the same deal as NY.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2005  4:16 PM
THe AD thing is in our hands. It forces us to buy him out, otherwise he can hold out, or Chicago can send someone else to match numbers.

I think 14 million dollars is a hell of a sum to buy out ANYONE!

We still have penny as an ending deal. How much can a team take on anyway?

If big game left his ego at the door, we have left fiscal responsablity at the curb long ago.

Other thing is if the AD buyout/waiver thing was leeked, the chirade of him flying down and larry/Isiah saying how he wanted him was just a good face thing. Im sure the bulls are feeling uneasy about this deal and trying to play Isiah good.

rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/7/2005  4:19 PM
it's not too bad because we were paying Tiny Tim that anyway...salary for salary.
all kool aid all the time.
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
10/7/2005  4:42 PM
what else is new...paxon being a dick...i doubt if the knicks claim curry is healthy than he can say one of da 3 we sent failed thier physical...he already stated that they passed and were waiting for the news n curry...plus the NBA already signed off on the deal with the pysicals being in the way...so now if dats the case if paxson claims one of da 3 failed a physical...the NBA can investigate into it right?
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
Caseloads
Member: #41
10/7/2005  4:46 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

- both sides are playing possum

- isiah could clear both AD and curry but paxson can claim tim, mike, or jermaine didn't pass theirs and the deal is still void the deal and curry would have to go back to chicago and maybe settle on their terms, especially after being medically cleared by the knicks doctors

- it's a risky game of chicken

so paxson is being a dick. crap.

I dont get how Paxson can "claim" that they didnt pass their phyiscals, it's a medical record and the jobs of the doctor(s) that performed the tests and failed them would be on line. You can't just claim that someone didnt pass a physical, they either did or didn't. The deal is done John, you got hosed.
everyone has SOME medical ailment that can be used to say a player failed their physical - as simple as saying Sweetney's BMI (body mass index) places him at elevated risk for a heart attack and/or is out of shape. All pro athletes have some wear and tear on their bodies that show up on an MRI that can be looked at or overlooked to say "pass/fail" and used. passing a physical is a team's discretion.
sbensol74
Member: #795
USA
10/7/2005  4:47 PM
I JUST WANT TO BUY A CURRY JERSEY ALREADY!!!

this needs to happen already so we can get the team settled in camp.
clydesofly.com
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/7/2005  4:48 PM
neither team will acknowledge this, if eddy curry is healthy that's great, but if something tragic happens, the knicks don't have to pay that money to anybody. the teams are not obligated to pay curry and that's how the teams are operating. curry will have to get his personal insurance but the team's don't have to pay the money out in the event something happens to him.
Really? So getting insurance is Curry's problem, not the Knicks'?

I wanted to keep AD and his expiring contract but if it was agreed on before the deal that he'd be bought out, you have to do that then. If Curry's healthy, the deal was still worthwhile.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/7/2005  4:49 PM
this may be isiah saying sh t through SAS.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2005  4:50 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

this may be isiah saying sh t through SAS.

good point.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2005  4:55 PM
I think an ultra sound showed TT had a cyst on one of the overies!

Chicago wanted a DNA test to see if he really was a man, and to see if he had a genetic diposition to not rebound. If he failed, they were prepared to send him to switzerland to have his Penis removed, reconstruct the genetalia into a Vagina,and begin hormone treatments.

Stern is worried he might want to play in the WNBA! Tina Thomas!

Sweets is fine execept he looked like "big Momma"!

Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/7/2005  4:57 PM
Here's what I don't get: It's in the NBA's interest for Curry to be in NY. Stern should just STFU.
NYKniCksFan87
10/7/2005  4:59 PM
what did stern say?
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
NYKniCksFan87
10/7/2005  5:04 PM
somebody answer this...didnt the NBA already sign off on the deals? All that was pending were the physicals?...so cant the NBA intervene and review physicals on both side and declare all parties are good and everyone is on their new teams?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/7/2005  5:06 PM
Rich, what did Stern say?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/7/2005  5:11 PM
Sorry for being unclear. My point was that the first post states that the NBA offices are watching this deal closely over the Davis waiver charade. IMO, the NBA, through Stern, should do anything it can to faciliate the trade as long as Curry checks out physically.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/7/2005  5:13 PM
Agreed. NBA needs to bring back basetball to the city. All I hear is how Stern will tilt the draft in NY's favor somehow and it never happens. Stern should let the 2 teams deal and let the better GM negotiate the better deal.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
SAS recap on curry

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy