[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

SAS recap on curry
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/7/2005  3:40 PM
- both sides are playing possum

- isiah could clear both AD and curry but paxson can claim tim, mike, or jermaine didn't pass theirs and the deal is still void the deal and curry would have to go back to chicago and maybe settle on their terms, especially after being medically cleared by the knicks doctors

- it's a risky game of chicken

- all SAS heard is that curry passed his physical and ready to play - he didn't hear from the knicks or bulls but people close to curry

- AD is going to be waived and will have to wait 30 days to get back to the bulls

- the reason isiah said what he said (it's not charity) is b/c the nba offices are watching this situation closely b/c foolishly, the waiving of AD was leaked out of chicago and the league doesn't want a circumvention of the rules (ala gary payton last year). the knicks believe this has been mishandled from the people in chicago.

- basically, the knicks made the deal knowing they were waiving AD and that it's worth every penny to them to get curry

- why don't the knicks keep him? AD absolutely does not want to be in ny - from everything that SAS is being told that AD does not want to be in ny regardless of what the knicks say and that he will be waived and return to chicago

- neither team will acknowledge this, if eddy curry is healthy that's great, but if something tragic happens, the knicks don't have to pay that money to anybody. the teams are not obligated to pay curry and that's how the teams are operating. curry will have to get his personal insurance but the team's don't have to pay the money out in the event something happens to him.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/7/2005  3:44 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

- isiah could clear both AD and curry but paxson can claim tim, mike, or jermaine didn't pass theirs and the deal is still void the deal and curry would have to go back to chicago and maybe settle on their terms, especially after being medically cleared by the knicks doctors

so paxson is being a dick. crap.
¿ △ ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2005  3:46 PM
cool, thanks DJ.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
10/7/2005  3:49 PM
Interest interesting news. I'm just happy that Eddy passed his physical and I'm disappointed with AD, I honestly think the Knicks have a much better chance to make some noise in the playoffs this year. AD is a professional and I don't care how long he's played for, he's making 13 million dollars a year and as long as he's in the NBA he should be aware that he might be traded and might have to move his family, if he doesnt like it then he should retire.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
nyk4ever
USA
10/7/2005  3:51 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

so paxson is being a dick. crap.

I dont get how Paxson can "claim" that they didnt pass their phyiscals, it's a medical record and the jobs of the doctor(s) that performed the tests and failed them would be on line. You can't just claim that someone didnt pass a physical, they either did or didn't. The deal is done John, you got hosed.
crzymdups
USA
10/7/2005  3:51 PM
the AD thing is fine. This is the deal from DAY ONE. The problem is the Bulls' big mouths for leaking this info. And now they're apparently dealing in bad faith to try and force Curry to sign with them. This is going to drag on and on. My guess is the league will be called in to resolve the physicals on both sides. I don't think this will be resolved until next week.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/7/2005  3:52 PM
BS.. pax cant "claim" hey failed their physicals... there has to be a reason.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2005  3:53 PM
Eddie can still play for minimum and be a free agent next year.

Screws the knicks big time.

If eddie clean, bulls can get a better offer if eddie will sign with another team. Knicks screwed.

There must be clear medical problem with Sweets and TT to reject deal or all hell is going to break lose.

These boys are not *****footing around this time!
crzymdups
USA
10/7/2005  3:54 PM
Posted by fishmike:

BS.. pax cant "claim" hey failed their physicals... there has to be a reason.

yeah, but if you WANT someone to fail a physical you can find many small reasons. too much loose cartilege in Timmy's knees. shortness of breath for Sweetney. this is why I think the league will be called into to mediate the physicals on each side.
¿ △ ?
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/7/2005  3:54 PM
It's already a battle, I think pax got so much negative press that he's trying to reneg (sp?) on the deal. i don't blame him. Curry is looking like he's going to be a BEAST

[Edited by - rvhoss on 10-07-2005 3:55 PM]
all kool aid all the time.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2005  3:55 PM
i just re-read the points and they don't all add up. I'm assuming NY doesn't care/want AD, and that's kinda reasonable. They have enough bodies and it'll give Frye more minutes. AD would only be a 1 year rent anyway.

Why play possum or chicken or whatever? IF Curry has passed the tests, NY should declare him healthy and confirm their side of the deal. Why wait? Nothing to gain, because all else being said (exchange of draft picks, etc.) Curry is the big coup.

Why does Pax hold up the deal? He isn't gonna get anything out of Curry coming back to Chicago, assuming that Curry has his eyes set on NY.

I don't know, maybe there is more in play that we have not heard about.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
crzymdups
USA
10/7/2005  3:58 PM
Posted by martin:

i just re-read the points and they don't all add up. I'm assuming NY doesn't care/want AD, and that's kinda reasonable. They have enough bodies and it'll give Frye more minutes. AD would only be a 1 year rent anyway.

Why play possum or chicken or whatever? IF Curry has passed the tests, NY should declare him healthy and confirm their side of the deal. Why wait? Nothing to gain, because all else being said (exchange of draft picks, etc.) Curry is the big coup.

Why does Pax hold up the deal? He isn't gonna get anything out of Curry coming back to Chicago, assuming that Curry has his eyes set on NY.

I don't know, maybe there is more in play that we have not heard about.

well, if Curry realizes that his path to New York is blocked and no one else is offering money he may be forced into excepting the Bulls offer.

maybe Paxson has a better offer on the table and he's trying to pull out of this deal and force Curry into the only other deal on the table?

this is insane.

¿ △ ?
PhilinLA
Member: #696
10/7/2005  4:00 PM
I think it will work out.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
crzymdups
USA
10/7/2005  4:03 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:

I hope so. Do you any info on this or just your gut feeling?
¿ △ ?
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/7/2005  4:04 PM
This deal better go thru. I wonder if Pax realized how screwed he was getting by IT and because he hates IT, he is trying to screw him? I think in either case, the Knicks will win becasue Curry was the ? and Sweets and Tim had no injuries that were being talked about so they are fine.

Paxson has cold feet. Stern will see to it that NY is a power again by making sure Curry is theirs.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
10/7/2005  4:07 PM
Umm...who's 'SAS?'

I'm now somewhat less certain about this deal if we really are planning to give them AD back, ESPECIALLY if the main reason is because Davis doesn't want to play in NY. Basically, we give a away one of our big ending deals for a guy who may not be ready to play.

I was hoping Tim's contract could have been used for someone who doesn't have a heart condition.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
PhilinLA
Member: #696
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by PhilinLA:

I hope so. Do you any info on this or just your gut feeling?
the only things I heard was he passed his tests and was healthy and then I heard the delays had to do with the Jewish holidays and getting records from Chicago.

http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
crzymdups
USA
I don't think Stern is going to do any thing that would look like any kind of favoritism towards NY.

I'm thinking that the big reason Paxson is holding this deal up is that he wants some assurance from Zeke that AD will be waived. I don't know, if he's decided he wants Curry back, this deal may be in trouble.
¿ △ ?
nyk4ever
USA
10/7/2005  4:08 PM
Posted by PresIke:

Umm...who's 'SAS?'

SAS = Stephen A. Smith
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/7/2005  4:08 PM
SAS = Stephen A Smith (I think)

[Edited by - rvhoss on 10-07-2005 4:13 PM]
all kool aid all the time.
SAS recap on curry

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy