[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The media drives me nuts
Author Thread
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
10/7/2005  11:27 AM
I can't beleive there are writers that are alluding to Stephon Marbury being the reason that Davis does not want to play here. It's insane.
I just hope that people will like me
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/7/2005  11:30 AM
its like you get paid to make stuff up, be nasty, not have any accountability then wonder why people hate you and what you stand for.

Its lame... dont even read it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/7/2005  11:32 AM
the knicks beat writers are quite possibly the worst in the league.
totally fabricated stories. absolutely horrible. the sad thing is that the casual fans, and the sports radio guys that don't follow the team, buy into it. it's really pretty irresponsible and pretty unbelievable the stuff they can get away with.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/7/2005  11:32 AM
Mitch Lawrence is one of those guys who HATES the KNicks and Isaiah. He NEVER writes a positive article on the Knicks or anything Isaiah does:

"If Brown sounded resigned yesterday to seeing Davis released, Isiah Thomas was the exact opposite. Here we have the first public disagreement between the two, and it's only been about five minutes since this unlikely alliance was formed. Thomas has held all the power since he arrived to fix the Knicks. But in Brown, the Knicks brought in a real heavyweight. Plus, Brown is better at his job than Isiah is at his. So clashes were inevitable."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/353315p-301218c.html
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/7/2005  11:35 AM
I saw this thread later so I am gonna paste in here:

I have always said this, when it comes to the media, just give me the facts. I dont like the media's analysis 90% of the times. The media disliked Patrick Ewing for christ sake. Marbury is probably not a good leader but I doubt he is a disruptive/divisive guy. I would rather have Mitch tell me what happened in the locker room with Marbury and TT or Marbury and KT. Then, if I am still confused I would ask Marv, martin, HARDCORE, Nalod, guns, VDesai, franco, Rich, fishmike, BRIGGS, tkf, Enyspree, joec32033 (I can seriously go on forever with names of guys on ultimate that make more sense than the media) to analyze it for me.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2005  11:51 AM
2 writers stick out as good in my mind: Beck (NYTimes) and Dave D'alessandro (who now does Nets).

I think it's unfortunate that some of the writers don't have enough creative juices to write some good stuff, or maybe they aren't allowed to. And a good portion of the writers are employed by companies who first focus is to sell papers while their second focus may be to make accurate/insightful reports.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/7/2005  11:59 AM
Posted by martin:

2 writers stick out as good in my mind: Beck (NYTimes) and Dave D'alessandro (who now does Nets).
agreed. I wish there was a way we could get our own source for unbiased Knicks news.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2005  12:20 PM
Vescey is obnoxious, but at least his rants can be entertaining.

D'alessandro is excellent! For a while, I would only read his articles.
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
10/7/2005  12:46 PM
There are three people in the media who constalntly put down everything Isiah Thomas does. Those three are Marc Stein, HOliinger and Mith Lawrence. The other news people all fall in too my hater category too but those three make it their buisness to talk bad about every thing Isiah does. He must have done somehting like sleep with their wives or refuse to give them any exclusive interview but for whatever reason these cats don't have anythin postive to say about Lord Isiah. So since he can't tell ya'll in public I would like to say for knicks fans and Isiah F-yall fake wannabe journalist. Ya'll don't know jack
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
Bippity10
10/7/2005  1:07 PM
My guess is a lot of people wrote some nasty stuff after the Bird incident and Isiah didn't exactly treat them well afterwards.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/7/2005  1:32 PM
I think what bothers me is the total lack of information. You get 5% information which comes from an unnamed league source, you get 10% recap or old news, and the other 85% is opinion followed by more opinion of someone elses opinion.

You learn nothing from reading these papers. Nothing about a player or something that actually happened, and even less of actual basketball. Teach me something about the game.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/7/2005  2:12 PM
don't forget about end of the world lupica...he pretty much tells it like it is. Gotta go to the times, all the NEWS that's fit to print.
all kool aid all the time.
Bippity10
10/7/2005  2:15 PM
I love the unnamed source. Personally I think most of these writers go to NYK20 as their Knick source.

Yeah, I wish they would give me updates on what LB covered in practice. Who looked to be in shape. What some of the drills were. Player reactions. Opinions from coaches(without spin). INFORMATION!!! Enough conspiracy theories.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/7/2005  3:05 PM
Yeah, I've been praying to hear about all that this year, but the most imformative thing we've got were snapshots of the practices and a couple of injury reports. Ugh, even last year was better.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
10/7/2005  3:37 PM
Ever since that classic Jordan episode where he told the US basketball team he wouldn't participate if Isiah is involved and then the classic walk out by the Bad boyz after the bulls beat them back in 91. Isiah has become and still is a favorite target of media people and forum posters alike. I grew up in Detroit when the Bad Boyz were the hero's of the town and he was my favorite player to ever play the game. A competitor in every sine of the word. Now in these days every move he makes is a public headline and every trade and free agent siging is scrutnized like it's more than a basketball game. It's just basketball and evey GM makes mitakes but none are crucified like Isiah in the media. Allan Bristow who just quit the Hornets made some of the worst trades NBA History with his Baron for Dale Davis trade and then there's Chris Mullin throwing money at every stiff availabe(Derek fisher and Adonal folye). And who can forget the logo Jerry West putting together the biggest group of ego maniacs you could ever find with jason williams, bonzi wells and Stromile Swift. Jerry west also signed Jake Tsakladis to an insane contract that he did not deserve I think he gets paid about the same amount Jerome James but yet and still he's glued to the bench. But yet and still you don't hear people on Espn and fox sports calling them Bad Gm's but when Isiah takes a gamble on a player that player is automatically labeled someone with bad charcter can someone please explain this to me
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
The media drives me nuts

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy