[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Elements of truth?
Author Thread
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/7/2005  4:00 PM
Maybe it's because we can get facts from the internet so much faster and they are coming out with news that happened AFTER we all read it at yahoo and google.

no worries...I still love opinion pieces, and mitch lawrence has always been an opinion piece...so, not too angry with him, just ticked off today that there is nothing new out there.

Can a brother get a quote from a rookie for pete's sake?!?!?!?!?

Posted by Bippity10:

I agree. The news never reports facts anymore. It's all opinions and conspiracy theories. But we keep reading and buying papers so they keep doing it.

all kool aid all the time.
AUTOADVERT
Bippity10
Member: #574
10/7/2005  4:02 PM
I don't have a problem with opinion pieces. I love people expressing opinions. Just make it clear that it is your opinion. Don't pass your opinion off as fact. That's what too many writers do.

And I agree. CAn I hear something about the rookies. Anything.
I just hope that people will like me
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
10/7/2005  4:11 PM
I'll give you rookie talk. When has Isiah ever had three picks in one draft? Never, how many of his picks have ever come into the league and pulle a Fredrick Weis? None, if you look at it each and every one of his picks have been stars somewhere Tracy in Orlando & Houston, Damon Stoudamire in toronto and portland and my main Man Marcus Camby doing it big in NY and denver. So I say look out for Nate the Great Channing loves Fryes and David dunking Lee. they gone wreck shop in a couple of years.
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/7/2005  4:15 PM
Now THAT is an opionion piece I can get behind!!
Posted by boomann:

I'll give you rookie talk. When has Isiah ever had three picks in one draft? Never, how many of his picks have ever come into the league and pulle a Fredrick Weis? None, if you look at it each and every one of his picks have been stars somewhere Tracy in Orlando & Houston, Damon Stoudamire in toronto and portland and my main Man Marcus Camby doing it big in NY and denver. So I say look out for Nate the Great Channing loves Fryes and David dunking Lee. they gone wreck shop in a couple of years.

all kool aid all the time.
rojasmas
Member: #639
10/7/2005  6:14 PM
Personally, I don't think Larry Brown will get along very well with Marbury and this will be a problem as early as this year. Brown sours on players real quick and this will be no different. Then it will get interesting. Will Isiah pull the trigger in the offseason and send Marbury somewhere else?
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/7/2005  6:41 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

Personally, I don't think Larry Brown will get along very well with Marbury and this will be a problem as early as this year. Brown sours on players real quick and this will be no different. Then it will get interesting. Will Isiah pull the trigger in the offseason and send Marbury somewhere else?

but rojas think what AI put him through! and he really hung in there with him. i mean those 2 had battle royales. i think larry's a sentimental guy and if he gets an opening for a player like he obviously did with AI the guy's in through thick and thin. maybe that's how it'll roll with Marbs.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/8/2005  6:26 AM
Posted by Bippity10:

For years I thought everyone on every team hated Patrick Ewing. I thought he was aloof, distant and mean. Than I find out from the players that he was the funniest guy on the team and a great teammate. IF the media hates someone they will bash everything they do. Isiah will never get a fair shake. If he wins a title it will be inspite of him. If the Knicks do well the media will probably write how Marbury was forced to change his ways by Larry Brown. When the reality is that Marbury changed very little, he just had a better team and a better coach. The media always has there targets and always has there darlings. But they know they can throw out baseless facts and we will buy the papers.

Exactly.. But the Knicks have the size and talent to do big things this yr. And unless hit with injury bug. If they fall on there face then they deserve all the critisizm they get. With the size and talent they have the ONLY thing they have to do is listen to Larry Brown. Thats all it would take to have a successful season. Defensively they have been called soft and all that by reporters. But just watch how big a difference having Curry-James-Frye up front than having Muhammad, KT, Sweetney will have on the defensive end for the guards. Larry Brown will put them in position to play good team defense even if they aren't good one on one defenders. On offense just listen to Larry Brown. We have a lot of weapons so we don't need to depend on one player. Move the ball around and find the most efficent shots. There is no excuse other than serious injuries to why this team can have success this season.

Also. Isiah has given Marbury almost every single aspect he needs to do great things. I have defended Marbury so much this offseason on message boards. Its time for him to prove me right. We can see who he really is.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Elements of truth?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy