[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Elements of truth?
Author Thread
mythfaze
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #106
10/7/2005  12:24 PM
that's exactly what i'm talking about... the negativity he got after the trade for Marbury and after he botched the Chaney firing.

and no doubt there were negative articles when he was first hired as well, but for the most part the media was very supportive of the change. i remember him being referred to as the knicks savior, among other things
AUTOADVERT
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
10/7/2005  12:33 PM
All of this stuff is ridiculous to me. It's mostly a nonfactor. You never know if a player is a good or bad influence based on what these guys write. Like a few people said, these are the same guys that villified Ewing. At the same time Kobe Bryant has been said to be divisive. Should they have traded Kobe the minute they realized that he has this "divisive" vibe about him? That would have been ridiculous. Point is, these guys are professional. Who cares that certain players may not be the best of friends off the court. Hell Dennis Rodman wasn't friends with neither Jordan or Pippen. As a matter of fact Jordan and Pippen has had their differences...plus they were never buddies off the court. Still aren't 'til this day. They worked together. This is their job. This is what they do. I could care less about a reporter trying to hint towards feelings being hurt and crap like that. If a team is good on the court, they will be good on the court. I never cared when they said Sprewell and Camby are best friends nor do I care when they say Crawford and Curry are best friends. I want these guys to get it done on the court. I don't give a damn if when it is said and done they all go 15 different ways. So be it. As for Kurt and TT, people were talking about Kurt being traded for years. Even before Steph and Isiah were here. Everyone knew that we needed two things: a post player and a legit center. We have two legit centers now who will rotate and both play in the post...Curry being of course the better of the two. Marbury has nothing to do with this. Tim Thomas had one good outting every 15 games or so. What did that have to do with Steph? The guy was told to force feed Tim and he did. Tim never delivered here.

As a matter of fact, before Steph was traded to Pheonix he made a comment about Penny Hardaway. He said Penny's game was garbage. Anyone remember this? The media jumoed on it and when Pheonix played the Nets, the Nets lost by 40 points. Months later Steph was traded to the Suns and the media jumped on the Steph vs Penny fued. They've played well together on two teams since then. Yeah, they became friends off the court as well but I don't even care about that. All that matters to me is these Knicks get it done. Period. I could care less if it's all business or it's a straight up love fest. What do I care?

Win games.
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
10/7/2005  12:56 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I saw Kurt Thomas and Tim Thomas being used as examples and I just stopped reading.

also....Snow first and now Lynch? Two bums that play hard with minimal talent.

So we got till 6pm for Curry and another week to see our Knicks in pre-season.....

Oy vey!!!!

[Edited by - enyspree on 10-07-2005 10:57 AM]

Actually, I can get behind Lynch ALOT more than getting behind Snow. Lynch can defend well at 3 positions (SG, SF, PG) and possibly defend the more atletic oriented PF's in the league well.....Lynch also is long and lean and you seriouly can't have too many 6-7, 6-8 guys who can defend very well...We got 3 guys (Steph, Nat, Craw) who can play point. Getting Snow is just superfluous.
~You can't run from who you are.~
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
10/7/2005  1:10 PM
I think this is very innaccurate. There were about 40 articles about Zeke being a snake in the grass teh day he was hired. The media has disliked Zeke ever since his Larry Bird comments

they all have problems with him for walking out on da Bulls after the bulls got past the bad boys to end their championship run. that was the most gangsta thing i've ever seen. the whole team leaving except Joe D all following Isiah out the arean with about a minute left on the clock. Gangster
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
Bippity10
Member: #574
10/7/2005  1:12 PM
Thelonius: Amen brother
I just hope that people will like me
boomann
USA
10/7/2005  1:20 PM
Intersting read Nalod, and that worries me.. As much as I like marbs, if he is that divisive, then he needs to go... KT and TT are good guys, really they are despite how we feel about their oncourt play...

Now all of of Sudden Tim Thomas is a good dude and Mike Sweets is in allstar all of this bias against my knicks is realy Ludacris. Marbury was second in the leage in assists how selfish could he possibly be. And with a line up last year of just one pure jump shooter who was in power forward's body how could he possibly keep pitching the rock too inconsistent Timmy and Low percentage shooting Crawford. Everybody else on the team couldn't make a jumper to save their life. Penny, Sweetny, One legged Houston, Jyd, Mohammed, Malik Rose, Trevor Ariza all could build houses with their assortment of bricks. Watch his assists go even higher with Frye, NateRob, Q-rich and Eddy curry handling some of the shooting responsiblities. he gone prove he's the best pg in the league this year. Please believe it
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/7/2005  1:50 PM
Bitch Lawrence's rep precedes itself regarding his bias against the Knicks. Frank Arse-Ola has chosen to follow his lead. It's one thing to talk about the good and the bad about the Knicks, but when it's peppered with snotty remarks disparaging the team, The articles become trash IMO. All that crap isn't necessary- the facts and maybe a sentence or two reflecting their personal opinion would suffice. The rest of that stuff is just hateful.

IMO Beat writers should be at the very least, neutral and objective if not a fan otf the team they cover.

The best part about it is, the more those fools hate on the Knicks, the harder I root for my team.

KNICKS in 2006, Baby!
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/7/2005  1:55 PM
yeah, this article was total bs, as reading I thought this guy really is trying to start something that doesn't exist? in the article there is an image of Frye saying he is "stepping into a divided locker room"...
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/353315p-301218c.html

if that isn't the dumbest statement I've ever heard...if anything it's everyone against marbs. that's not divided, that's lopsided. He's making it up.

he also said other veterans are pissed that he is in communication with Zeke? Which one's are these? So, Kurt hated him, he's gone. TT, so what. Sweets, maybe, but he's gone. Craw likes him, The rooks have no say and the new players added this year have no say. So, who else could he be talking about?

Everyone is gone and has come after marbury...

i think he's full of crap. Anybody not on Marbs side is basically not on the knicks side, because like or not, he's the best player on the team and he's the PG...love it or leave it.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 10-07-2005 1:59 PM]
all kool aid all the time.
rvhoss
Switzerland
10/7/2005  2:02 PM
This is the line that shows he's full of crap and trying to divide the locker room hisself:
They and a few others who are still around hate the fact that Marbury has more clout with the team president than he should.

What few others? There are only 12 on the team and all were added in the last 12 months. Bruno sundov? Rose or MoT (who cares), at this point, its craw, reezy, marbs and everyone added in the last 6 months. other than that, you can take a hike.
rvhoss
Switzerland
10/7/2005  2:03 PM
Who is still around? Maybe he's talking specifically of Houston. I could see Houston being the one that is trying to divide the locker room (much like he did to sprewell with the bible sessions he was holding with ward in the locker room)

He can take a hike as well.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 10-07-2005 2:03 PM]
Bippity10
10/7/2005  2:25 PM
rvhoss: That's more spin. Maybe it was Houston. Maybe it was Spree(who has actually now participated in three divided locker rooms) and maybe it was bot............Maybe there is no division in this locker room. Maybe Marbs is as big a biotch as they say. Guys on teams fight all the time. Close friends fight all the time. Everytime someone fights with Marbs it will be spun. The truth is we don't know.
boomann
USA
10/7/2005  3:31 PM
The media wasn't always anti-Isiah. He did it to himself. When he was first introduced and made the Marbury trade there were tons of articles gushing about him. Since he continued to make moves that didn't improve the team, and questionably handled some situations, then the media has started to turn on him (as have many fans: i.e. "Fire Thomas" chants at the draft this year- though very brief and from only one section of the room)

The media hasn't like Isiah since he said if Larry Bird was an black dude he'd just be another averagre player. He didn't improve the team let me tak a look at that

Jamal Crawford > Charlie Ward
Stephon Marbury > Howard Eisley
Trevor Ariza > Shannon Anderson
Maurice Taylor > Clarence Weatherspoon
Eddy Curry > Kurt Thomas
Channing Frye > Mike Sweetney
Antonio Mcdyse = Antonio Davis
David Lee > Othella harrington
Jerome James = Dikembe Mutumbo
Allan Houston(03-05)< Allan Houston (layden era)
Larry Brown >>> Don Chaney
Quinten Richardson > Kieth Van Horn
Isiah's draft Picks >>>>>>> Layden draft picks
rvhoss
Switzerland
10/7/2005  3:42 PM
I think they were referring to him as the knicks savior with tongue firmly planted in cheek, at the same time they said there was no way he could turn over the roster and that it was the worst GM position in the NBA.

Now, he just sucks at his job?
Posted by mythfaze:

that's exactly what i'm talking about... the negativity he got after the trade for Marbury and after he botched the Chaney firing.

and no doubt there were negative articles when he was first hired as well, but for the most part the media was very supportive of the change. i remember him being referred to as the knicks savior, among other things

Bippity10
10/7/2005  3:43 PM
Don't forget Brown >>>>>>> Chaney and Wilkens

More importantly look how young we've gotten. The biggest complaint was old overpaid veterans. Now the guy is taking chances on young guys and still getting grief. He also brought in arguably THE BEST COACH in the league. I am lik everyone else. This needs to turn into wins before I am running around the streets naked, but I have to give Zeke credit for getting rid of the riffraff that was here and making this a place where players actually want to play again.

[Edited by - bippity10 on 10-07-2005 3:43 PM]
rvhoss
Switzerland
This is interesting because at the draft this year, he had a very good draft.
Posted by mythfaze:

The media wasn't always anti-Isiah. He did it to himself. When he was first introduced and made the Marbury trade there were tons of articles gushing about him. Since he continued to make moves that didn't improve the team, and questionably handled some situations, then the media has started to turn on him (as have many fans: i.e. "Fire Thomas" chants at the draft this year- though very brief and from only one section of the room)

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
Posted by boomann:

The media hasn't like Isiah since he said if Larry Bird was an black dude he'd just be another averagre player. He didn't improve the team let me tak a look at that

Jamal Crawford > Charlie Ward
Stephon Marbury > Howard Eisley
Trevor Ariza > Shannon Anderson
Maurice Taylor > Clarence Weatherspoon
Eddy Curry > Kurt Thomas
Channing Frye > Mike Sweetney
Antonio Mcdyse = Antonio Davis
David Lee > Othella harrington
Jerome James = Dikembe Mutumbo
Allan Houston(03-05)< Allan Houston (layden era)
Larry Brown >>> Don Chaney
Quinten Richardson > Kieth Van Horn
Isiah's draft Picks >>>>>>> Layden draft picks

Of course he did, but did it by using a ton of money and adding 50% to an already extreme payroll. Nobody could ever imagine this!

Adding that kind of payroll (not including eddy) and having a team projected to be .500 at best leaves you open to ridicule. We know the roster is better and poised for upside, but thats intangable.

Isiah said alot of things and made some mistakes, and only they team won 33 games last year.

As the team does better, so will the views.

Its a season to season thing. Thats the media, they gotta spin it short term!

rvhoss
Switzerland
10/7/2005  3:50 PM
I think it's just NYC media...they wanted torre's head this year...and Cashman who proved his skills by bringing in guys (small, cano, wang) that have contributed right off the bat to save us...it's just NYC...my issue is when they are making up stuff.

And mitch is clearly making up stuff...the locker room didn't look divided last year, and wasn't divided this year.

I just don't want to read anymore lies...can someone tell me how many 3s Houston hit? How is crawford handling the rock? Is Frye learning the offense? I mean, give me some effing FACTS!!

Even if he wins, they will still criticize...nobody has even congratulated the Yankees on winning the division AND having the best record in baseball since their horrible start.

BTW...GO YANKEES AND WHITE SOX!!

Posted by Nalod:

Of course he did, but did it by using a ton of money and adding 50% to an already extreme payroll.
As the team does better, so will the views.

Its a season to season thing. Thats the media, they gotta spin it short term!

[Edited by - rvhoss on 10-07-2005 3:51 PM]
Bippity10
10/7/2005  3:55 PM
There was no way for Isiah to turn that roster around without adding payroll. NObody was taking the Spoons and Eisley's of the world without dumping some crap back on us. This is obvious but not stated in many articles. So Zeke had two choices. Take some chances like winners do and maybe strike it rich. Or sit back and watch Eisley, Spoon, Anderson adn company until we were under the cap 4 years later. Now of course he could be a miserable failure but at least judge him on reality and not all this venomous nonsense.
Bippity10
10/7/2005  3:57 PM
I agree. The news never reports facts anymore. It's all opinions and conspiracy theories. But we keep reading and buying papers so they keep doing it.
rvhoss
Switzerland
10/7/2005  3:57 PM
I think he has done the best GM job of any GM in the league over his tenure here with the exception of maybe Pat Riley, but that deal was all Shaq.

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to hear arguments to the contrary...pax maybe...maybe grunfeld.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 10-07-2005 3:58 PM]
Elements of truth?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy