Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
10/7/2005  9:16 AM
Posted by Nalod:

IT ain't charity? Ask Shandon?

If Isiah said we'd waive him and can go home with his salary and is backing up from that, its a tough line but hurts his rep. We don't want to be black listed.

But if its up front the AD needs to decide if the 14 mil is worth the time away. I read his wifes family is in Chicago. For 14 mil, can't they rent a palace and "Get By"?

I think AD's numbers is why he must be traded. The trade picks or swaps don't really figure in the salaries having to match up.

WIth big lame james we might have good minutes for AD if he proves fragile.

Nalod, I understand that for the most part AD's contract was the reason we got him BUT remember this...
-AD is a leader and that may have played a part in him coming
-AD's expiring contract is moveable and marketable
-AD can fill a very important role for us on the bench with solid D and rebounding

granted it's not a huge part of the team, if we have to give Davis back we are giving up a HUGE asset. They want Davis back? Fine...offer us our second round pick and we don't have to swap first round picks and it's a deal.
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/7/2005  10:11 AM
give us back TT.
all kool aid all the time.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/7/2005  10:19 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

give us back TT.
your kidding right... him being gone is the best part of the trade. Curry is just icing

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/7/2005  10:20 AM
Well, something. The picks would be great.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 10-07-2005 10:21 AM]
all kool aid all the time.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/7/2005  10:34 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I have no idea what to think. Recent years have prepared me to expect bad news. I cant believe EC would be hanging with his bud JC if his part wasnt done

I have a feeling that Eddy has passed the tests, but the Knicks are waiting to get a few more opinions on the results from some doctors who took the Jewish holiday off.

As for those wondering about Davis: It was ALWAYS part of the deal that we were waiving him to go back to the Bulls. This is THEATRE, people. Isiah HAS to act like he doesn't want Davis to leave, but OF COURSE he's going to buy him out. That was the agreement from Day One, but you can't have that in writing or even make it seem like that was the intent. It has to unfold this way for appearances, but this was always the freaking plan. Why do you think Paxson said "Isiah has a bizarre proposal on the table"????
¿ △ ?
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
10/7/2005  11:05 AM
^ I totally disagree.

I think you can make it known you agree to release a player back to his former team.

Example - Atlanta and Boston.

But whatever, I just hope Curry's healthy is fine...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
10/7/2005  12:05 PM
I can't believe I'm reading articles still saying that AD is trying to get waived.

The guy is not a superstar, and should not have any kind of pull with regards to threatening the Knicks. If they're worried about chemistry, then suspend him, but if I were the Knicks I want his contract and contribution. When you play in the NBA it is known that you can get traded, and unless you are some kind of superstar you have no right to make complaints about who you are traded to (and even that is debatable).

I agree if we are going to conceed AD, I'd write up another trade proposal without AD and Tim Thomas (so we can have his expiring contract back), have the Bulls sign their portion of the deal, and then rip up the old one.

As long as that is ok by NBA rules.
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2005  12:10 PM
Posted by PresIke:

I can't believe I'm reading articles still saying that AD is trying to get waived.

The guy is not a superstar, and should not have any kind of pull with regards to threatening the Knicks. If they're worried about chemistry, then suspend him, but if I were the Knicks I want his contract and contribution. When you play in the NBA it is known that you can get traded, and unless you are some kind of superstar you have no right to make complaints about who you are traded to (and even that is debatable).

the thing that is troubling to me is that AD is the president of the Players Union, right? This is not the type of thing that he should be pulling.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/7/2005  12:12 PM
The Knicks getting picks back would be suitable IMO.
Isiah is more shrewd with these dealings than some are willing to give him credit for.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/7/2005  12:12 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

^ I totally disagree.

I think you can make it known you agree to release a player back to his former team.

Example - Atlanta and Boston.

But whatever, I just hope Curry's healthy is fine...

The Gary Payton thing was a huge scandal at the time, teams called for league intervention on that trade and the Hawks did not make it known they would waive him. It's not legal. You have to pretend you want the player. I suppose whether Isiah thought he could convince Antonio to report is debatable, but I don't think it's debatable that the original intent is that the Knicks would waive him.

¿ △ ?
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
10/7/2005  1:31 PM
I use to love AD back in Indiana him and Dale were some beasts. But if he dosen't want to play for NY which will actually give him a better chance at the ship, Screw him. Let's see if we can trade him to the pacers for jonathan bender he'll still be close to chicago but, I wouldn't let him go no where for free. Screw that
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
man, the hold-up isn't curry's heart, it's AD

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy