[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mike the Bull Sweetney!
Author Thread
subzero0
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #410
10/7/2005  12:07 AM
Curry better stinkin knock my socks off this season, because seeing Sweetney there in Red and Black colors just doenst look right.
AUTOADVERT
tomverve
Member: #878
10/7/2005  12:27 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

5 rbs in 20 mpg isn't rebounding very well. It's about average (but obviously better than Curry last year)

Actually Sweetney was 20th in the league in rebounding rate last season. (Rebound rate takes into account pace, minutes played, and rebound opportunities, i.e. # of missed shots when the player was on the court.) So Sweets actually had a quite good rebounding effort last season.

He could have a big year for Chicago I think, but they'll have to actually use him, give him PT and go to him. Foul trouble and/or defensive problems could well prevent him from having a true breakout season.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
mythfaze
Member: #106
10/7/2005  12:50 AM
i'm not sad to see sweetney go

he had nice post moves and was a good rebounder, particularly on the offensive boards, but he was way too much of a liability on defense. his offensive output was matched or exceeded by whoever he was guarding most of the time.

plus, you think he'd live with all the running LB is reportedly making the big men do?
Masterplan
Member: #362
10/7/2005  1:39 AM
Posted by mythfaze:

he had nice post moves and was a good rebounder, particularly on the offensive boards, but he was way too much of a liability on defense. his offensive output was matched or exceeded by whoever he was guarding most of the time.

plus, you think he'd live with all the running LB is reportedly making the big men do?

but you're happy with eddy curry? eddy has as far to go in aspects of the game aside from offense and being tall as sweetney did.
mythfaze
Member: #106
10/7/2005  1:50 AM
curry is much closer to being a dominant player than sweetney will ever be. he's more athletic, in much better shape and has the height. if he works hard on his D and his rebounding, (which is inevitable with LB running things) and keeps doing what he's doing on offense, he'll be great. plus we're putting him in a new enviornment where he is our best big man. it'll be interesting to see how he responds to that, especially in terms of rebounding.

sweetney needs to lose a bunch of weight before he can pick up the agility curry has, and even if he does he doesn't have the hops or the height to be a huge defensive presence in the post.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/7/2005  2:03 AM
Posted by Masterplan:
Posted by mythfaze:

but you're happy with eddy curry? eddy has as far to go in aspects of the game aside from offense and being tall as sweetney did.

I know this they tried to give sweetney the starting job in preseason. They were so high on him and KT had a lackluster preseason, but even then he couldn't win the job. He could be a good player, but he really needs to find a way to stay on the court. Eddy on our team is a plus cuz he fills a need whereas Sweetney can be replaced, with one of the many PF's we have. We DIDN'T have a player like Currry. The balance that our roster has now is going to help us contend for the Atlantic Title and have a chance against the better teams in the East.

Rebounding is only one aspect of the game. In our case we had a good shooting %, 45%. As long as we can do a better job on the defensive end we should be alright even without being a dominant Rebounding team. Teams will have a hard time stopping us from scoring. Its really all about effort on D and the Boards. Everyone is so sure that we won't be able to do either, but I think we have the physical talent to be better than we were, not great, but decent and that may be enough. Its all about that point differential. As long as we're on the plus side we should be just fine.
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
10/7/2005  2:11 AM
If Curry averages 26 & 13, the Knicks are going to win the NBA Championship this year.

Sweetney will be fine. Funny how I said he was fat albert and nothing special and i was attacked. Now the guy is traded and everyone undermines the guy.

Go figure
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Masterplan
Member: #362
10/7/2005  3:53 AM
Sweetney will be fine. Funny how I said he was fat albert and nothing special and i was attacked. Now the guy is traded and everyone undermines the guy.

yeah, it happens with everybody. nazr was the best example from last season. shades of truth, things we overlook while they're here but don't mind pointing out when they're gone. i wish sweetney teh best. let's hope he does better in chicago than frankie williams.
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
10/7/2005  5:24 AM
Sweetney will be the starter or the Bulls are a bunch of idiots. Curry is overall better than Sweetney (no doubt) but I really think he can turn into a very special player.
Damned, I never liked the Bulls before, but I'm gonna start liking them with Mike being there.

[Edited by - DarkKnicks on 10-07-2005 05:24 AM]
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
10/7/2005  7:23 AM
Ol Mike and memories...
he almost brought the knicks to a win against the rockets,but scott pollard,
putback against indiana~
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
10/7/2005  8:57 AM
Posted by bigpimpin:

If Curry averages 26 & 13, the Knicks are going to win the NBA Championship this year.

That is the god honest truth. we still have big game backing him up, and our squad is pretty nicely balanced otherwise.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
10/7/2005  9:03 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by bigpimpin:

That is the god honest truth. we still have big game backing him up, and our squad is pretty nicely balanced otherwise.

13 rebounds??? he's never averaged 1/2 that number! but i guess anything can happen in this world, right?

rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/7/2005  10:12 AM
I don't miss him at all...he only played one season.
all kool aid all the time.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/7/2005  12:24 PM
Posted by Masterplan:

yeah, it happens with everybody. nazr was the best example from last season. shades of truth, things we overlook while they're here but don't mind pointing out when they're gone. i wish sweetney teh best. let's hope he does better in chicago than frankie williams.

I disagree. The people who wanted to keep Nazr before he was traded were in the minority. Nazr's limitations were very clear to most Knick fans. Unclear to those who only look at stats. Stats that were paddled during the 1st month and a half of the season

rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/7/2005  4:23 PM
Trust me, nobody overlooks things here.
all kool aid all the time.
Mike the Bull Sweetney!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy