[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

any word on curry passing his health tests?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/5/2005  6:32 PM
its 6:30, think they can come up with something at this point?
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/5/2005  6:35 PM
i just heard that he just finished with the verbal section. they gave him an extra 2 hours for it. he's now about to start the math section but needs another #2 pencil. you see briggs, if only he went to school on saturdays...

[Edited by - djsunyc on 10-05-2005 6:35 PM]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/5/2005  6:38 PM
LOL
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
10/5/2005  6:50 PM
ROFLMAO@dj...The guy sitting next to me in class wanted to know why I was laughing so hard!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/5/2005  6:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2181995
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
10/5/2005  7:15 PM
Posted by fishmike:

well that is NOT good that they have no word. i took my mom through every imaginable test you can think of when she had some problems and I researched each one until i knew every last piece of info. like i said, the tests would LIKELY be 99% non-invasive with the exception of them pumping some dye into his vein. if he had the three non-invasive procedures[and this would be the only way they would do this, they dont go inside your body diagnostically in his case YET because of the risk involved. basically what they would do is get him on a treadmill with his heart hooked to a monitor--get his HR up to 200 and then take echocardiographic pictures of the heart walls valves and aorta as his heart is working at 90-100%

secondly after the test they would inject him with a dye, possibly iv him and then image his heart with an MRI and or cat scan

lastly, they actually pump adrenalin into your vein to get your heart rate up to --at his age 200 to try to find an abnormal ryhthm--all of these tests together would take maybe 1 1/2 hrs max---they probably did some basic cardiac blood tests, but again they would have thos eresults within 2 hours.
the fact that they have not come back is worrisome--perhaps someone here knows what they im talking about, but i would say in 99% of cases they will know your problem in 10 minutes to 1 hour max if you DO or DO NOT have anything--so when i said there was a +75% chance of this deal going through, now I believe there is a +75% chance that he has an issue----for some reason they wouldnt give him insurance--maybe we find out why next.
RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/5/2005  7:23 PM
Did you read the article Briggs? All it said was that Curry didn't show up yet.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/5/2005  7:27 PM
And there was no word on his exams.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/5/2005  7:41 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by fishmike:

well that is NOT good that they have no word. i took my mom through every imaginable test you can think of when she had some problems and I researched each one until i knew every last piece of info. like i said, the tests would LIKELY be 99% non-invasive with the exception of them pumping some dye into his vein. if he had the three non-invasive procedures[and this would be the only way they would do this, they dont go inside your body diagnostically in his case YET because of the risk involved. basically what they would do is get him on a treadmill with his heart hooked to a monitor--get his HR up to 200 and then take echocardiographic pictures of the heart walls valves and aorta as his heart is working at 90-100%

secondly after the test they would inject him with a dye, possibly iv him and then image his heart with an MRI and or cat scan

lastly, they actually pump adrenalin into your vein to get your heart rate up to --at his age 200 to try to find an abnormal ryhthm--all of these tests together would take maybe 1 1/2 hrs max---they probably did some basic cardiac blood tests, but again they would have thos eresults within 2 hours.
the fact that they have not come back is worrisome--perhaps someone here knows what they im talking about, but i would say in 99% of cases they will know your problem in 10 minutes to 1 hour max if you DO or DO NOT have anything--so when i said there was a +75% chance of this deal going through, now I believe there is a +75% chance that he has an issue----for some reason they wouldnt give him insurance--maybe we find out why next.

Briggs, I feel your worry, but this segment:

Knicks president Isiah Thomas and coach Larry Brown had hoped Curry would make it to the College of Charleston on Wednesday, but by late afternoon, team spokesman Jonathan Supranowitz said Curry likely would not work out until Thursday. Before then, the team will not reveal anything about the 22-year-old's health status.

makes me think they are just waiting to have a press conference to announce Eddy's clean bill of health. that's just the way Zeke works. And they want Larry to be at the conference so it has to be in South Carolina. I think it's as simple as that. ...I hope...
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
10/5/2005  7:48 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by BRIGGS:

[quote]Posted by fishmike:

Briggs, I feel your worry, but this segment:

Knicks president Isiah Thomas and coach Larry Brown had hoped Curry would make it to the College of Charleston on Wednesday, but by late afternoon, team spokesman Jonathan Supranowitz said Curry likely would not work out until Thursday. Before then, the team will not reveal anything about the 22-year-old's health status.

makes me think they are just waiting to have a press conference to announce Eddy's clean bill of health. that's just the way Zeke works. And they want Larry to be at the conference so it has to be in South Carolina. I think it's as simple as that. ...I hope...

Well, lets put it this way, Bill Clinton had multiple bypass surgery and the operation takes 4-5 hours and the public got an update soone after syaing it was a success and that he would be resting comfortably and staying in the hospital for about 5 days. This is basic testing this guy is going through--if he went it at 10AM or so, certainly they would know by now--if there is no problem--no need for a pres conference? why would there be a press conference unless something wasnt right--if he was fine they would say so and say he was in SC or on his way--from that article even larry brown has no clue what is going on--just doesnt sound good

RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/5/2005  7:50 PM
briggs, i think you may need to just chill out a little bit. no need to wig out until something is announced.

until the press conference, we should all go back to bashing the fat bastard that is mo taylor and the big game's contract.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/5/2005  7:54 PM
Briggs, what do you want? An official press conference to state that the exams haven't begun yet? How can the team possibly tell the media the results of tests that apparently haven't started yet?
PhilinLA
Member: #696
10/5/2005  8:04 PM
word was he passed everything with flying colors. Maybe he was run down from two days of testing so they're gonna do all the hoopla tomorrow.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/5/2005  8:06 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:

word was he passed everything with flying colors. Maybe he was run down from two days of testing so they're gonna do all the hoopla tomorrow.

Got a link?
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
10/5/2005  8:10 PM
I can wait...
PhilinLA
10/5/2005  8:16 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:
Posted by PhilinLA:

Got a link?
Not to my phone.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/5/2005  8:32 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Well, lets put it this way, Bill Clinton had multiple bypass surgery and the operation takes 4-5 hours and the public got an update soone after syaing it was a success and that he would be resting comfortably and staying in the hospital for about 5 days. This is basic testing this guy is going through--if he went it at 10AM or so, certainly they would know by now--if there is no problem--no need for a pres conference? why would there be a press conference unless something wasnt right--if he was fine they would say so and say he was in SC or on his way--from that article even larry brown has no clue what is going on--just doesnt sound good

yeah, but Bill Clinton is a former President. Eddy Curry is a potential Knick. I'm not saying they're going to have a press conference to say the tests went fine, I'm saying Isiah's way of trying to act unconcerned about these tests will be to have a traditional New Player Introduction press conference in South Carolina where he meets the press, gets a jersey and everyone's like "test? what test? oh that test? yeah, that's fine." I'm saying this is zeke's way of trying to downplay it. I think...

¿ △ ?
PhilinLA
10/5/2005  8:48 PM
They'll have a presser to introduce him because he's a franchise payer.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/5/2005  8:59 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:
Posted by PhilinLA:

Got a link?
Not to my phone.

I don't get this... are you saying you called someone from the organization or have some inside source? Back it up or something. I can't remember you posting info first before. Just want to know man!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
PhilinLA
10/5/2005  9:07 PM
I have a friend who calls me sometimes with Knicks stuff.
any word on curry passing his health tests?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy