[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah Thomas - Extreme Knicks Makeover
Author Thread
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/9/2005  3:00 PM
I don't imagine curry ever being good on defense. My expectations are frye and James doing the defensive dirty work. Sweetney sucked on defense too.

Team defense ande rebounding are what I'd like to see instilled, both should come from LB.

But, throw aguirre in there and we have the makings of a MONSTER!!!
all kool aid all the time.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/9/2005  3:08 PM
I don't imagine curry ever being good on defense.
I don't know. Curry has all the physical skills necessary to be a monster on both ends of the court. I expect him to at least become a decent defensive player but hopefully an outstanding one.

Sweetney sucked on defense too.
That's true. He's just too slow laterally on defense.

throw aguirre in there and we have the makings of a MONSTER!!!
Aguirre can help players but he's no magician. Let's not claim he made Sweetney into a "low post beast." Low post beasts average more than 3 FG and 8 Pts per game.
rvhoss
Switzerland
10/9/2005  3:12 PM
Sweetney, when he wasn't in foul trouble was pretty damn good...he gave shaq and the heat a run for their money before he rolled his ankle running hte floor with shaq (he never fully recovered from that btw).

Curry is already a beast, at 22 averaging 16 points a game.

LB and Aguirre will make him 20/7 (I'm banking on the other non scorers to pick up the boards [rose, james]) There aren't that many rebounds to go around. I expect made shots. But hey, nazr and kurt both nearly averaged 10 boards a game each (one did right?).

The season is close, my gigantic knick drinking mug is half full...I'm waaaaay high on this team.

Aguirre = Offense, LB = Defense

Sounds like a match made in heaven.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
10/9/2005  4:39 PM
Posted by simrud:

When you are 6 11 285 and have all the offensive skill a center can have, you don't have to have that high of a bball IQ or any IQ for that matter lol.

Your job is not that hard, establish post position, wave hand, catch ball, do move, if doubled, and here is a hard part, make a good pass, and you can def teach that.

Yeah, but after he waves hand and catches ball, he frequently throws ball away. Or stands in lane for long time. Then he forgets to run down court. When he finally gets there, he's too out of breath to move feet. Or grab ball after it hits rim. Then whistle blows, and he's taken out of the game.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
codeunknown
10/9/2005  4:56 PM
Posted by simrud:

You know this might be of topic, but this whole Aguirre turning post players into beasts is really getin out of hand. Sweetney had plenty of moves coming out of college. So does Curry. What Sweetney and Curry both need to learn is defense. Aguirre did not teach Sweetney any of that. He is also 6 6 small forward who used to post up, not even a big. This obcession with Aguirre is a just gettin weird.

Yea, and whats the deal with Aguirre working only with Sweetney? From what I saw, TT's post poves never got better. KT still has no post moves. And Sweetney started shooting the turnaround jumper which he made at an 8% clip. Or worse.

Obviously, Aguirre is good - Sweetney did get somewhat better. But, why does he get a weekly parade on this site? Sweetney's improvement was on par with everyone else - nothing to light a cigar about.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
rvhoss
Switzerland
10/9/2005  5:33 PM
we shall see...I just got back from trying to donate blood and they refused me because I was type kool-aid.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/9/2005  9:39 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

we shall see...I just got back from trying to donate blood and they refused me because I was type kool-aid.

Don't worry, some folks around here can sure use the transfusion!

KNICKS IN 2006!!!

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
codeunknown
10/9/2005  9:43 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:
Posted by rvhoss:

Don't worry, some folks around here can sure use the transfusion!

KNICKS IN 2006!!!

And some folks will be need a heavy dose of reality when that kool aid gets rejected.

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/9/2005  9:53 PM
Reality = Pessimism to you. That's been exposed already! LMAO

KNICKS BABY!!
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
codeunknown
10/9/2005  9:55 PM

Reality = Pessimism to you. That's been exposed already! LMAO

KNICKS BABY!!

Thats the dumbest crap Ive heard in a while. Reality = objectivity. If I can see both the positives and negatives of a situation, it puts me in a better position to know where the team is going. Pessimism is a relative term.

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/9/2005  10:02 PM
Whatever, man. All you want to do is argue and bring people down who are rightfully happy about this deal, and Isiah's moves that everyone with sense agrees improves this team.

Keep the cloudy-day crap for yourself. Knicks fans are happy and celebrating.

LET"S GO KNICKS!!
codeunknown
10/9/2005  10:27 PM

Whatever, man. All you want to do is argue and bring people down who are rightfully happy about this deal, and Isiah's moves that everyone with sense agrees improves this team.

Keep the cloudy-day crap for yourself. Knicks fans are happy and celebrating.

LET"S GO KNICKS!!

Hardcore, you have every right to celebrate. And if having this conversation is making you cry, I suggest you stop. Because, its not my intention to "bring you down" as much as have you understand my point of view. Lets agree that we both want Curry to improve and succeed as much as possible.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/9/2005  10:45 PM
LOL Actually this convo is making me laugh. It's not just about a point of view, you were trying to pick a fight. I brushed it off like the man that I am. It's cool.

Otherwise, I'm glad to see that you're now having high hopes for Curry and the team. Optimism is good.
codeunknown
10/9/2005  10:54 PM

LOL Actually this convo is making me laugh. It's not just about a point of view, you were trying to pick a fight. I brushed it off like the man that I am. It's cool.

Otherwise, I'm glad to see that you're now having high hopes for Curry and the team. Optimism is good.

Happy to see you were able to re-affirm your manhood. Picking a fight takes a very different tenor.

I hope that Curry and the Knicks do well - that doesn't mean my expectations are high.

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/9/2005  11:02 PM
Expectations don't have to ge high, fella, but it doesn't mean that it has to come out in snotty comments. That's easy to address that issue. Talk ball wothout the gay robot commentary. It's a sure-fire way to avoid making unwanted enemies and getting yourself banned.
codeunknown
10/9/2005  11:38 PM

Expectations don't have to ge high, fella, but it doesn't mean that it has to come out in snotty comments. That's easy to address that issue. Talk ball wothout the gay robot commentary. It's a sure-fire way to avoid making unwanted enemies and getting yourself banned.

If this is your attempt at brushing things off like a man, then you're the Martha Stewart of brushing things off. The commentary started with your crap at the outset. Worry about making coherent posts before indulging your gay robot fantasy.

If the enemies are warranted, so be it. Whether or nor I get banned is not in your domain. Relax.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/10/2005  12:00 AM

There's another gay robot here?

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/10/2005  1:28 AM
Yup, I guess so.

simrud
Member: #474
USA
10/10/2005  1:56 AM
Wow, somebody is passive agressive.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
codeunknown
10/10/2005  4:26 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

There's another gay robot here?

Apparently this place is just crawling with them.
Isiah Thomas - Extreme Knicks Makeover

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy