Isiah Thomas - Extreme Knicks Makeover
Author Thread
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
10/5/2005  12:45 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Perhaps some of us would be better off viewing the season with an open mind, instead of through the redundant scribblings of the jaded Knicks beat writers

I'm READY for some good hoops

Amen, misterearl. My sentiments exactly. Unfortunately, some blindly accept and absorb the jaded Knicks hater/writers' ignorance and bias against the Knicks, then regurgitate it. There are some solid posters here that don't let that kind of crap slide, though.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
10/5/2005  12:54 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:
Posted by misterearl:

Perhaps some of us would be better off viewing the season with an open mind, instead of through the redundant scribblings of the jaded Knicks beat writers

Amen, misterearl. My sentiments exactly. Unfortunately, some blindly accept and absorb the jaded Knicks hater/writers' ignorance and bias against the Knicks, then regurgitate it. There are some solid posters here that don't let that kind of crap slide, though.

Hardcore, you're doing a poor job of posting lately. Ironically because you're doing most of the regurgitating - Knick haters, Curry is God etc. And I won't let that crap slide. Make a point for goodness sake. Bring some facts to the table - why is Curry a good fit for this team defensively/offensively? Ive made the case that he doesn't fit but all you seem to be doing is trashing the majority of sports writers in the tri-state area.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Masterplan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #362
10/5/2005  12:55 PM
Posted by misterearl:

as one of the critics of the curry trade i take offense at that. i can't stand biased, anti-knick analysis or reporting or whatever. simply, i've never liked eddy curry, his game, his attitude, and now the medical risks. i don't think we gave up too much, but i think we're paying him well beyond what he will prove to be worth and he won't do nearly as much as people are hoping. i don't need crummy beat writers to tell me what i think. and i consider myself allowed to disagree with IT's decisions every so often. this summer, i liked frye, lee, nate and Q; didn't like JJ or curry. is that wrong?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/5/2005  1:03 PM
Posted by misterearl:

The same "Diva" Starbury that donalted a half MILLION of his personal funds to Hurricane victims?

nalod - are people sometimes capable of change ?

This isn't last year son

Perhaps some of us would be better off viewing the season with an open mind, instead of of theough the redundant scribblings of the jaded Knicks beat writers

Marbs Nervous breakdown giving his money was a beautiful thing! Totally unrelated to his historical background. I am most hopeful as are you that he can turn his views around after 10 years. THis is a young team that will have a fragile persona until them get some time together. Since Marbs has no history of bringing together team mates, I expect a process over time that he can change.

my POint, if you forgot, was that nate is gonna be real pain in the ass and its been written that marbs does not practice hard saving his body for games. Nate is a real physical speciman and very strong, and I expect his youth and desire to win minutes will grate on the ever so cheerful marbs! That so wrong to say? ITs marbs grumpy-ness that makes him so special!

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/5/2005  1:12 PM
Posted by codeunknown:
Posted by misterearl:

Hardcore, you're doing a poor job of posting lately.
WHy, because I am happy about our new deal? Or because I am simply trying to hold back till the season starts?

Ironically because you're doing most of the regurgitating
I am just referring to whats repeated from the media.

- Knick haters, Curry is God etc.
When did I say Cury is anything aside from a good pickup?

And I won't let that crap slide.
I specifically stated that there are "solid posters here" that don't let crap like media regurgitation slide. You aren't doing a good job of quoting me.

Make a point for goodness sake.
Sorry, I didn't think posters had to satisfy your criteria in order to participate here.

Bring some facts to the table - why is Curry a good fit for this team defensively/offensively?
I'm not going to constantly repeat my reasons for that. I did that quite some time ago.

Ive made the case that he doesn't fit but all you seem to be doing is trashing the majority of sports writers in the tri-state area.
Nope. I trash those who show bias against the Knicks, whether they are a friend, foe, sportswriter or fan. If you care to read some of these threads about some of these recent articles, then maybe you'd not only notice that I am far from the only individual pointing this out, but that there is more than enough proof that some of those writers are really going out of their way to trash the Knicks. I have always made it a point to expose this and will continue to do so.

There are too many of these so-called writers that slant against the Knicks, no matter what the team does. I am a Knicks fan and I will voice my displeasure with it as all true Knicks fans should (in my opinion).

Did I make my point?

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
10/5/2005  1:28 PM
Holla at your boy!
all kool aid all the time.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
10/5/2005  1:59 PM
Posted by codeunknown:

Risky and hurried moves. Some improvement is evident but maybe at the cost of building a real contender. The team as currently constructed is mediocre.

One of my all time favorite quotes about rebuilding comes from MJ to Bulls management at the 1998 Championship parade. "The Cubs have been trying to rebuild since 1908." The quote only gets better though knowing it took the Bulls 7 years to get back to the playoffs only to be bounced.

I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
rvhoss
Switzerland
10/5/2005  2:07 PM
Right now we are a top 5 team in the east.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 10-05-2005 2:07 PM]
codeunknown
10/5/2005  2:09 PM
Posted by codeunknown:
Posted by misterearl:

Hardcore, you're doing a poor job of posting lately.
WHy, because I am happy about our new deal? Or because I am simply trying to hold back till the season starts?

Ironically because you're doing most of the regurgitating
I am just referring to whats repeated from the media.

- Knick haters, Curry is God etc.
When did I say Cury is anything aside from a good pickup?

And I won't let that crap slide.
I specifically stated that there are "solid posters here" that don't let crap like media regurgitation slide. You aren't doing a good job of quoting me.

Make a point for goodness sake.
Sorry, I didn't think posters had to satisfy your criteria in order to participate here.

Bring some facts to the table - why is Curry a good fit for this team defensively/offensively?
I'm not going to constantly repeat my reasons for that. I did that quite some time ago.

Ive made the case that he doesn't fit but all you seem to be doing is trashing the majority of sports writers in the tri-state area.
Nope. I trash those who show bias against the Knicks, whether they are a friend, foe, sportswriter or fan. If you care to read some of these threads about some of these recent articles, then maybe you'd not only notice that I am far from the only individual pointing this out, but that there is more than enough proof that some of those writers are really going out of their way to trash the Knicks. I have always made it a point to expose this and will continue to do so.

There are too many of these so-called writers that slant against the Knicks, no matter what the team does. I am a Knicks fan and I will voice my displeasure with it as all true Knicks fans should (in my opinion).

Did I make my point?

Not quite. Unless you're point is that there is no rational argument against the Curry trade. In which case, you are being negligent in your analysis.

So far you have classified posters into 2 groups: 1) those that blindly accept Knick negativity and 2) those "solid posters" who "dont let crap slide." Seems to me you're the one delineating the criteria for good posting. And that criteria is absurd and mostly not applicable. If anyone has shown a lack of reasoning, its been you. I politely made my case and, in fact, asked you to post your reasons - you not so politely have refused.

Curry has many basketball liabilities. His contract has financial consequences that limit future acquisitions. His health concerns are another drawback. Please address these problematic issues and I'll gladly jump over to your side of the fence where apparently they serve the kool-aid free.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
codeunknown
10/5/2005  2:16 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by codeunknown:

Risky and hurried moves. Some improvement is evident but maybe at the cost of building a real contender. The team as currently constructed is mediocre.

One of my all time favorite quotes about rebuilding comes from MJ to Bulls management at the 1998 Championship parade. "The Cubs have been trying to rebuild since 1908." The quote only gets better though knowing it took the Bulls 7 years to get back to the playoffs only to be bounced.

MJ's management skills were well demonstrated in Washington.

Rebuilding can be accomplished successfully in many ways - but not by moves that hamstring your flexibility.

PhilinLA
Member: #696
10/5/2005  2:19 PM
really? Examples?
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
10/5/2005  2:50 PM
I don't want to kill your enthusiasm. But, I'm willing to bet the Knicks will do the job by mid-season.

codeunknown - you are just another impatient after instant gratification.

By mid-season numerous combinations will have been tested and Larry will have pissed off every single player, Crawford will struggle to reinvent his game while Eddie Cury is under the microscope.

Marbury will be pressed on providing quotes to his discomfort, the losing will take its toll while injuries to Houston Frye and Penny take an ugly toll

The SECOND half is when the Knicks team will show signs of coming together.

Being a Knicks fan is not for the faint of heart

Who's with me?

once a knick always a knick
codeunknown
10/5/2005  3:06 PM
Posted by misterearl:

I don't want to kill your enthusiasm. But, I'm willing to bet the Knicks will do the job by mid-season.

The Knicks killed my enthusiasm by pre-season. So, I guess I'm ahead of the game in that regard.

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/5/2005  3:37 PM
Posted by codeunknown:

Not quite. Unless you're point is that there is no rational argument against the Curry trade. In which case, you are being negligent in your analysis.

My point was that people should not be so gullible as to assume slanted writers' opinions as their own.

So far you have classified posters into 2 groups: 1) those that blindly accept Knick negativity and 2) those "solid posters" who "dont let crap slide."

In regards to the subject that I was discussing with misterearl, it was in the proper context. Did you feel as though I was singling you out?

Seems to me you're the one delineating the criteria for good posting.
I agreed with the general concensus about the topic at hand. It was you who felt the need to discuss my posts in particular.

And that criteria is absurd and mostly not applicable. If anyone has shown a lack of reasoning, its been you.
That that criteria was? Sounds like you're trying to take it there. I guess you did take offense to my general comment. I am not going to wate time going over what one deems as a "lack of reasoning"; it doesn't really matter.

I politely made my case and, in fact, asked you to post your reasons - you not so politely have refused.
I felt that I stated my point. In addition, I don't feel the need to be redundant. Also, since I didn't feel the accusations to be polite, I felt that I responded accordingly.

Curry has many basketball liabilities.
Most, including Knicks brass, feel that his positives outweigh the negatives. No need to go over the specifics, since those points have been covered all over this board.

His contract has financial consequences that limit future acquisitions.
OK, but getting Curry fills our biggest need- an inside presence. That's what the initial plan for the future was for. Why would we not do this deal now? Curry brings things to the table that we haven't had in our frontcourt since big Pat was traded.

His health concerns are another drawback.
I understand this, but at the same time, several points have already come to light about the physical exams the Knicks are conducting on Curry, as well as the strong possibility that the health issue was overblown in order to stop Curry from leaving the Bulls or to create a reason to offer him less money.

Please address these problematic issues and I'll gladly jump over to your side of the fence where apparently they serve the kool-aid free.

There ya go! Now I can send you a year's supply of Knicks Blue Kool-aid and Isiah's popcorn (sugar, butter and salt not included).

Lastly, I am at work during the daytime hours, so I don't get but so much time to post at length. When I first got on this site, I was just another 9/11 survivor between jobs, so I had the time for some beefy posts (check the archives, man! ).

KNICKS in 2006, Baby!!!

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 10-05-2005 3:53 PM]
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/5/2005  4:01 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Being a Knicks fan is not for the faint of heart

Who's with me?

I hear ya! But I think that we'll have a breakout year this season. All the team has to do is focus on what LB will tell them to do. It'll seem tough at first, but I see things starting to flow smoothly by the holidays.

Personally, I don't see anyone giving LB a hard time. All the players seemed committed to following Larry's directions even before training camp started, which is something I haven't heard about from this team in quite some time.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/5/2005  4:29 PM
I don't care what the players say. I just can't wait for the pre season games to start. I want to see how these guys play together, and who's really game and who's healthy and then I want to see the progress throughout the season. I could care less about what the players say. However, I am reeeeeeeeeally ansy and want to hear what the heck is going on in training camp, who's in shape, yada yada, b/c I just can't take it anymore and wanna see some Knick games even if it's just pre season!
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
rvhoss
Switzerland
10/5/2005  4:42 PM
does anybody have video of curry playing?
codeunknown
10/5/2005  7:01 PM
Posted by codeunknown:

My point was that people should not be so gullible as to assume slanted writers' opinions as their own.

So far you have classified posters into 2 groups: 1) those that blindly accept Knick negativity and 2) those "solid posters" who "dont let crap slide."

In regards to the subject that I was discussing with misterearl, it was in the proper context. Did you feel as though I was singling you out?

Seems to me you're the one delineating the criteria for good posting.
I agreed with the general concensus about the topic at hand. It was you who felt the need to discuss my posts in particular.

And that criteria is absurd and mostly not applicable. If anyone has shown a lack of reasoning, its been you.
That that criteria was? Sounds like you're trying to take it there. I guess you did take offense to my general comment. I am not going to wate time going over what one deems as a "lack of reasoning"; it doesn't really matter.

I politely made my case and, in fact, asked you to post your reasons - you not so politely have refused.
I felt that I stated my point. In addition, I don't feel the need to be redundant. Also, since I didn't feel the accusations to be polite, I felt that I responded accordingly.

Curry has many basketball liabilities.
Most, including Knicks brass, feel that his positives outweigh the negatives. No need to go over the specifics, since those points have been covered all over this board.

His contract has financial consequences that limit future acquisitions.
OK, but getting Curry fills our biggest need- an inside presence. That's what the initial plan for the future was for. Why would we not do this deal now? Curry brings things to the table that we haven't had in our frontcourt since big Pat was traded.

His health concerns are another drawback.
I understand this, but at the same time, several points have already come to light about the physical exams the Knicks are conducting on Curry, as well as the strong possibility that the health issue was overblown in order to stop Curry from leaving the Bulls or to create a reason to offer him less money.

Please address these problematic issues and I'll gladly jump over to your side of the fence where apparently they serve the kool-aid free.

There ya go! Now I can send you a year's supply of Knicks Blue Kool-aid and Isiah's popcorn (sugar, butter and salt not included).

Lastly, I am at work during the daytime hours, so I don't get but so much time to post at length. When I first got on this site, I was just another 9/11 survivor between jobs, so I had the time for some beefy posts (check the archives, man! ).

KNICKS in 2006, Baby!!!

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 10-05-2005 3:53 PM]

Hardcore, grouping people that disagree with you into a category of "blind" followers is offensive, whether you like it or not. You seem to get frazzled anytime anyone has anything negative to say about this deal and respond with the same generic nonsense about beat writers. If I were to group you as a senseless kool-aid drunkard without hearing you out, it would be the same idea. I do appreciate, however, the points you made at the end.

Here's my take - our squad cannot win with defensive liabilities at 3 of 5 positions and a rookie power forward. If Curry is our center, Frye must develop into a BigBen type for us to be even reasonable defensively. Keep in mind also that the addition of Curry means we run less - due to his lack of rebounding and ability to get up and down the court. Half-court offense means defense becomes critical and that will be our un-doing.

On a side note, Marbury will not be productive enough 3 years down the road even if we have surrounding chips - he needs to be shipped out at the peak of his value. Its easy to get carried away with the Curry deal if you ignore the improvement being made around the league - 3 years down the line Wade's heat, Dwight's Magic, Lebron's Cavs and Stoudamire's Suns will be the real contenders. I hope we can say the same about Curry's Knicks but, judging by his current one-dimensionality, it seems unlikely.

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
10/5/2005  8:04 PM
Posted by codeunknown:

Hardcore, grouping people that disagree with you into a category of "blind" followers is offensive, whether you like it or not.
LOL I can care less who agrees with me, I mnake my point regardless. I see you're relatively new, so I figured you may not have figured that out about me yet. Now, once again, I will state for you that those who mimic the silly beat writers are who I am talking about. Hopefully now we are clear on this, as I've already mentioned my dislike for senseless repetition. (

You seem to get frazzled anytime anyone has anything negative to say about this deal and respond with the same generic nonsense about beat writers.
You're tripping, fella. See the first line in my response above. Since it's obvious you're not talking about me, maybe you'd be better off directing that comment towards someone it applies to. If I wasn't talking to you directly when I allegedly made whatever comment, then it's ill-advised to make those acusations.

If I were to group you as a senseless kool-aid drunkard without hearing you out, it would be the same idea.
Fella, you can group whatever, wherever you want, I wouldn't give a damn. Those who have known me over the several years I have participated here know my alignments, so technically, the misplaced assumptions of any given newbie, or any poster at all for that matter, doesn't phase anything over here.

I do appreciate, however, the points you made at the end.

Here's my take - our squad cannot win with defensive liabilities at 3 of 5 positions and a rookie power forward. If Curry is our center, Frye must develop into a BigBen type for us to be even reasonable defensively. Keep in mind also that the addition of Curry means we run less - due to his lack of rebounding and ability to get up and down the court. Half-court offense means defense becomes critical and that will be our un-doing.

I don't see Curry slowing us down to that extent. I really don't think that he'll slow us down at all.

On a side note, Marbury will not be productive enough 3 years down the road even if we have surrounding chips - he needs to be shipped out at the peak of his value. Its easy to get carried away with the Curry deal if you ignore the improvement being made around the league - 3 years down the line Wade's heat, Dwight's Magic, Lebron's Cavs and Stoudamire's Suns will be the real contenders. I hope we can say the same about Curry's Knicks but, judging by his current one-dimensionality, it seems unlikely.

Who's to say that those teams will stay intact through those 3 years? That goes for players and management. The NBA won't be caught in a time warp for the next three years. Things will change, and I am sticking to the belief that The Knicks will be in the mix.

I believe that this deal makes us contenders. After this team gels, it'll be more obvious to those who have yet to realize it.

codeunknown
10/5/2005  10:36 PM
Posted by codeunknown:

LOL I can care less who agrees with me, I mnake my point regardless. I see you're relatively new, so I figured you may not have figured that out about me yet. Now, once again, I will state for you that those who mimic the silly beat writers are who I am talking about. Hopefully now we are clear on this, as I've already mentioned my dislike for senseless repetition.

But, the issue is that you have somewhat senselessly repeated your mantra about beat writers (instead of your reasoning in support of the Curry deal). In terms of making your point, everyone on this site does that. That is expected.

You're tripping, fella. See the first line in my response above. Since it's obvious you're not talking about me, maybe you'd be better off directing that comment towards someone it applies to. If I wasn't talking to you directly when I allegedly made whatever comment, then it's ill-advised to make those acusations.

It was ill-advised for you to generalize when making your comment about our fellow "blind" posters. And you seemed to have taken it personally when I called your attention to the fact that the detractors from the Curry deal were making legitimate arguments.

Fella, you can group whatever, wherever you want, I wouldn't give a damn. Those who have known me over the several years I have participated here know my alignments, so technically, the misplaced assumptions of any given newbie, or any poster at all for that matter, doesn't phase anything over here.

Whether you give a damn is an irrelevant point. Unless you're overly sensitive, I don't expect you to cry over the Curry deal (although it might be justified). Still, its not in the interest of conversation to pigeon-hole anyone's views. And we come here for conversation about the Knicks, right?

I don't see Curry slowing us down to that extent. I really don't think that he'll slow us down at all.

Why not? Curry isn't known for his foot speed.

Who's to say that those teams will stay intact through those 3 years? That goes for players and management. The NBA won't be caught in a time warp for the next three years. Things will change, and I am sticking to the belief that The Knicks will be in the mix.

Whats worse is that these teams will likely get better as they are in better financial position. A time warp would be in our benefit.

[Edited by - codeunknown on 10-05-2005 10:39 PM]
Isiah Thomas - Extreme Knicks Makeover

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy