[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Isiah Thomas - Extreme Knicks Makeover
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
10/5/2005  12:05 AM
The man is as relentless as Joe Frazier walking down an opponent. Isiah's pursuit of the next transaction has been a blur of one chess move after another.

Who, at this time last year would have predicted Larry Brown?

Add a brilliant infusion of Yoots

Curry 22
Frye 23
Qrich 26
Craw 24
Ariza 21
Lee 21
Nate Rob 22
Jackie Butler 21

to the grizzled veterans
Marbury 28
James 31
Rose 31
Mo Taylor 29

well, you get the idea

and this much taller and skilled roster looks NOTHING like e previous seasons mismatched tandems

Run your eyes and look what has been accomplished in a year and a half

You GO Zeke!
once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
PhilinLA
Member: #696
10/5/2005  12:18 AM
It's an amazing transformation.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
10/5/2005  12:20 AM
I hate giving up Sweetney. But, you're right.

Congrats Zeke.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
10/5/2005  12:25 AM
Risky and hurried moves. Some improvement is evident but maybe at the cost of building a real contender. The team as currently constructed is mediocre.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
10/5/2005  12:56 AM
The team is actually even younger because Ariza's only 20 years old, born in '85 like yours truly.
tapseer
Member: #698
10/5/2005  1:06 AM
Posted by codeunknown:

Risky and hurried moves. Some improvement is evident but maybe at the cost of building a real contender. The team as currently constructed is mediocre.

So, you're saying that TT and Sweetney were the cornerstones of a real contender? I'm really failing to see your point of view here. The team got younger and more athletic in 18 months, a new proven NBA coach this past summer and multiple draft picks to juggle in the upcoming years. I would take this team as is over ANY Layden concoction. I'll think I'll save this quote until April to either stick it to you later or to eat crow. I pop a lot of junk, but I am not to big to say I'm wrong and you're right.

Masterplan
Member: #362
10/5/2005  1:09 AM
Posted by codeunknown:

let's see them on the court. will there be enough shots to keep everyone happy? will they be able to slow anyone down on D? big questions IT hasn't addressed fully. he's done wonders for getting pure talent on our roster, but it means nothing until the 2005-2006 Knicks hit the courts and prove something. i have my doubts, keeping my expectations in check, but more excited about this team than any since 1999.
tapseer
Member: #698
10/5/2005  1:17 AM
Posted by Masterplan:
Posted by codeunknown:

let's see them on the court. will there be enough shots to keep everyone happy? will they be able to slow anyone down on D? big questions IT hasn't addressed fully. he's done wonders for getting pure talent on our roster, but it means nothing until the 2005-2006 Knicks hit the courts and prove something. i have my doubts, keeping my expectations in check, but more excited about this team than any since 1999.

To answer your question about whether there will be enough shots to keep everyone happy or whether they'll be able to slow anyone one down is going to be answered by LB, not IT. IT's job as a GM is to get the best available talent, LB's job is to get them to get that talent to play together and play the right way, playing D and passing the ball.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/5/2005  1:33 AM
Actually Q is 25 Apr. 13, 1980, as is JC, Mar 20, 1980.
Masterplan
10/5/2005  1:58 AM
To answer your question about whether there will be enough shots to keep everyone happy or whether they'll be able to slow anyone one down is going to be answered by LB, not IT. IT's job as a GM is to get the best available talent, LB's job is to get them to get that talent to play together and play the right way, playing D and passing the ball.

true. but some players are beyond help. would LB have made TT a force? at this point most people would say no. what about curry, dogged by the same critiques, and a few new ones? IT can't make a collection of totally mismatched parts and expect even larry brown to take them deep into the playoffs. it's got to be both their jobs to get the right players and get them playing right.

i have faith in isiah. he may very well end up getting top marks from me. but i'm not going to give him full credit yet for just making a buzz around training camp time.
misterearl
USA
10/5/2005  8:20 AM
codeunknown - this isn't a rotissiere league. Zeke had tangible issues with a redundant, aging and undertalented roster.

>>Risky and hurried moves. Some improvement is evident but maybe at the cost of building a real contender. The team as currently constructed is mediocre.

Mediocre only because you WANT to see them as such. Go read Mitch Lawrence and his Haterade for confirmation. The team as currenlty constructed has yet to play a game and just one more tiny point - Zeke ain't done yet

Q. Will there be enough shots to keep everyone happy?

What is this, a basketball team or a day care center?

You suck. You sit

Q. will they be able to slow anyone down on D?

Are you REALLY missing Clarence Weatherspoon, Shandon Anderson and Othella Harrington?

Big questions on Minutes for the COACH to address. . So what?

Relax and enjoy the ride
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/5/2005  8:20 AM
Isiah seems to be good at interior design.....hmmmm?

Any relation?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/5/2005  8:38 AM
Posted by codeunknown:

we will see how the hurried moves do or do not hurt us. The JJ signing is already a bust IMO. Everyone kept saying "but we NEED a center" and I kept saying having none is better than being stuck with a bad one with a bad deal. Now Curry falls in our laps. I hope I'm wrong and JJ is great asset but this is exactly what I'm talking about.

Curry is a big risk but if he's healthy the playing field just changed.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
misterearl
USA
10/5/2005  9:09 AM
"Man, we talkin' bout practice..."

fishmike - you are a basketball expert of the highest order. Remmeber the legendary training camp tussle between XMan and Anthony Mason ? Riley simply let them go until they were tired. No one dared step in a break up the rumble.

It ain't that deep. Think of the new employees at center this way - the 285 pounders, James and Curry get to work against each other in practice.

Mo Taylor earns his power minutes against Antonio Davis with David Lee taking notes

Nate Robinson, and his spectacular energy, pushes Marbury to protect the ball

Trevor Ariza and Q Rich match up at the three, which is WAY more entertaining than watching Tim Thomas go through the motions

Penny gets in Jamal Crawford's face on defense , while Houston perfects his jumper on the sideline

Best five play.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/5/2005  9:14 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

Isiah seems to be good at interior design.....hmmmm?

Any relation?

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
10/5/2005  9:19 AM
So much talent now... Wow! I hope everybody, especially Curry, stays healthy because if they do and Brown gets these guys playing hard, look out!
Knicks_Fan
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/5/2005  9:21 AM
Marbs is gonna just hate Nate! Nate is going to push him, and the grumpy just don't like understudys being all ambitious and sheet.

Diva Starbury!
misterearl
USA
10/5/2005  9:29 AM
The same "Diva" Starbury that donalted a half MILLION of his personal funds to Hurricane victims?

nalod - are people sometimes capable of change ?

This isn't last year son

Perhaps some of us would be better off viewing the season with an open mind, instead of of theough the redundant scribblings of the jaded Knicks beat writers

I'm READY for some good hoops
Masterplan
10/5/2005  11:47 AM

You suck. You sit

i didn't see this as a problem with our roster as of 2 days ago. but all of a sudden we have to force feed our $10 mil a year baby in a man's body down in the post. if we don't give him the ball, he literally gives us nothing. no return on our investment. curry is an X factor in chemistry issues. but this is not as big an issue IMO as...

Are you REALLY missing Clarence Weatherspoon, Shandon Anderson and Othella Harrington?

what do those guys have to do with defense? no, i don't miss those guys. but i would like to see us get more wins than them. D has been an issue since we traded camby. wasn't good with those guys, won't be good with the guys we have now. you're doing the typical response to any IT criticism: "LAYDEN LAYDEN LAYDEN!" come on, dude, i give IT credit for what he's done, i just don't think curry will give this franchise what it expects.

all i'll say for those guys, well, at least shandon (one of my least favorite knicks ever), is that they hustled on D. i don't want to see eddy curry dog it all year, cherry pick, whatever, for SIX F-ING years. i have faith that guys like marbury and crawford can change their tune when they have something to play for, and Q can step up and play tough D. we have defenders at the forward spots. but we bet the farm on curry and i don't believe in this guy.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
10/5/2005  12:00 PM
Posted by misterearl:

codeunknown - this isn't a rotissiere league. Zeke had tangible issues with a redundant, aging and undertalented roster.

>>Risky and hurried moves. Some improvement is evident but maybe at the cost of building a real contender. The team as currently constructed is mediocre.

Mediocre only because you WANT to see them as such. Go read Mitch Lawrence and his Haterade for confirmation. The team as currenlty constructed has yet to play a game and just one more tiny point - Zeke ain't done yet

You suck. You sit

Big questions on Minutes for the COACH to address. . So what?

Relax and enjoy the ride

Misterearl, rotisserie league is the way Isiah has turned over the roster - rapidly and, occasionally, without foresight. I'm not sure what your point is. From reading your posts, I can tell that you are sky high after the Curry deal and, it being training camp, I don't want to kill your enthusiasm. But, I'm willing to bet the Knicks will do the job by mid-season.

Hoarding pure talent doesn't win championships because the value of a team isn't a cumulative statistic. It hinges on trading need for need - and unfortunately the talent we have obtained is marked with either the stigma of underachievement or life-threatening illness. I'd say thats a blow to their trade value. This, mind you, is not coincidental as we have gotten them with expiring contracts of limited value, which historically fetch the most questionable of talent.

Hope is something you're entitled to and I won't wrench it from you - but reality has this inevitable way of reminding itself. The only move I'm excited about is Larry Brown - empirically, he has been successful with underachieving players before. But, remember to weigh that against the vast empirical evidence (Curry's lack of effort/defense, Marbury's lack of defense and preference for half-court play, Crawford's 175 pound frame) which indicates more failure for the Knicks.

Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Isiah Thomas - Extreme Knicks Makeover

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy