[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Baron Davis
Author Thread
LarrythaLeo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #71
USA
6/22/2002  7:13 PM
I just read a published report on realgm.com that Baron Davis has asked to be traded to either New York, Chicago, or a West Coast Team.
With Chicago probably going after Jay Williams that probably excludes them. With most of the West Coast teams having decent point guards (Bibby, Nash, Payton) that probably excludes them. I worked out a trade that we could use to get Baron:

New York receives
C Elden Campbell
PG Baron Davis
17th pick

New Orleans receives
SG Latrell Sprewell
7th Pick Dajuan Wagner, or one of the bigmen to replace Campbell

If Layden could sell this trade this way it can work. Elden is on his way out in Charlotte to make way for Jamal Magliore and Baron could not so easily be replaced by Wagner. We still would have four point guards but I'm sure one of them has some value with some team in the league.

New York Line-up
C Elden Campbell
PF Kurt Thomas
SF Shandan Anderson
SG Allan Houston
PG Baron Davis
6th Marcus Camby
17th Pick Marcus Haislip, Carlos Boozer, and Melvin Ely should all be available according to NBAdraft.net

New Orleans Line-up
C Jamal Magliore
PF P.J. Brown
SF Jamal Mashburn
SG Latrell Sprewell
PG Dajuan Wagner

Comments?
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/22/2002  7:26 PM
Wow, that'd be a great trade. I'd even throw in a second rounder and cash. Not only is Davis an incredibly fun player to watch, but he's a great point. That'd be great, like a reincarnation of Clyde.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/22/2002  10:35 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Wow, that'd be a great trade. I'd even throw in a second rounder and cash. Not only is Davis an incredibly fun player to watch, but he's a great point. That'd be great, like a reincarnation of Clyde.
that'd be a steal for us. huge steal. the thing is - we'd have to throw in othella and probably thomas/weatherspoon to make it more fair - which i'd love to do.
Baron Davis

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy