[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Distinct Possiblity
Author Thread
prowler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #135
USA
6/22/2002  10:46 AM
There is a distinct possibility that Cleveland will pick our guy at the #6 spot and I am interested to know where will that leave us? I am almost certain that we will inturn pick Wagner if he is left on the board. Then we would have to go with size with our second rounder. Does it make sense to take a gamble on the high schooler Collins 'cause he would probably be the only big guy there? maybe . What are your thoughts and possible scenarios if the Knicks go Wagner in the first round?
knicker for life
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/22/2002  11:13 AM
The Knicks are expected to draft Wagner if Wilcox is gone already. Their first option is to swap picks with Cleveland, however. The Post suggests the Knicks offer their second round pick and extra cash to make the deal work. It wouldn't be a bad idea because Cleveland is said to want Caron Butler anyways.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/22/2002  11:28 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

The Knicks are expected to draft Wagner if Wilcox is gone already. Their first option is to swap picks with Cleveland, however. The Post suggests the Knicks offer their second round pick and extra cash to make the deal work. It wouldn't be a bad idea because Cleveland is said to want Caron Butler anyways.

The Knicks need to stay put and just pick Hilario not Wagner, Brochart or Butler. He is the wise choice in the draft for the Knicks. Picking Wagner for PG or SG is a mistake the Knicks just have that position packed with players that can't be moved. The team is under weight and lacks height. The Knicks are just to small and that has been the complaint from Spree and Gundy before he left. Address the needs of the team first. Not the best available player that will only create problems for the team. Besides Hilario is the best available player.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/22/2002  11:41 AM
Wagner is the best player available and will be better then Hilario if Wilcox is gone. You're not going to pick Wagner because Shandon Anderson is there? Howard Eisley? Charlie Ward? Mark Jackson? Give me a break, all of them are terrible. If Wagner has the potential to be as good as a guy like Allen Iverson, you don't pass on him because a Shandon Anderson or Howard Eisley is there. That's just not smart and that is how teams get worse real fast.
#Knickstaps
prowler
Member: #135
USA
6/22/2002  11:55 AM
I definitely feel you on that, but still leaves us with the issue of our second rounder. I know it is pesimistic but Wagner is going to be our guy Wilcox worked out to well he's a goner. So we have to move forward start moving guards Eisley, Ward, and Anderson keep Postell. Get use to the three guard rotation cause nobody is taking Spree. Hey another thing how do we play Wagner does he start or comes of the bench for "Action Jax" ?
knicker for life
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
6/22/2002  12:11 PM
Whoever we take should start right away.

I hope we get Wilcox, but it looks like Cleveland wants him.

So I would go with Nene or Tskitishvili.
We suck.
Distinct Possiblity

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy