Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2002  2:44 PM
This from hoopsworld.com:

(nothing verified but...)

"The Cavs are also rumored to be shopping the #6 pick, looking to swap a player selected at #6 for a polished veteran, some say Cleveland will select Chris Wilcox and try and swing a deal with the Knicks who covet him."

Wilcox at #6 and Nene at #7. If Laydon can do this without trading away next years first rounder he would become a certifiable excellent GM in my eyes.

Also from the same article:

"Chris Wilcox held his 3rd and final pre-draft workout, in Phoenix this week. With 6 teams on hand to watch him work, Wilcox put on a dazzling display of dunks and back to the basket moves, but because the workouts were set up by Wilcox’s agent, they didn’t put him in any positions he wasn’t absolutely dominate in, meaning scouts walked away with what the came with. Several people in attendance commented that the format of the workout was poorly convinced and their contact with Wilcox personally was limited. It still does not appear Wilcox will go any higher than 6 to Cleveland and no lower than 7 to New York."
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
6/20/2002  2:58 PM
Posted by martin:

"The Cavs are also rumored to be shopping the #6 pick, looking to swap a player selected at #6 for a polished veteran, some say Cleveland will select Chris Wilcox and try and swing a deal with the Knicks who covet him."

Wilcox at #6 and Nene at #7. If Laydon can do this without trading away next years first rounder he would become a certifiable excellent GM in my eyes.

"Chris Wilcox held his 3rd and final pre-draft workout, in Phoenix this week. With 6 teams on hand to watch him work, Wilcox put on a dazzling display of dunks and back to the basket moves, but because the workouts were set up by Wilcox’s agent, they didn’t put him in any positions he wasn’t absolutely dominate in, meaning scouts walked away with what the came with. Several people in attendance commented that the format of the workout was poorly convinced and their contact with Wilcox personally was limited. It still does not appear Wilcox will go any higher than 6 to Cleveland and no lower than 7 to New York."
how about we give cleveland weatherspoon and harrington for the #6?!
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/20/2002  3:02 PM
Those aren't polished veterans. Thomas and Harrington and the 2nd rounder to get Wilcox and Hilario. Camby off the bench. Three year's that is a top line in the NBA with Wilcox at power forward, Hilario at center, and Camby off the bench.

Even if the Knicks pulled the trigger on that and got Wagner I'd be happy. Knicks will still contend without Thomas and Harrington and a 2nd rounder who wouldn't play.
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
6/20/2002  3:11 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Those aren't polished veterans. Thomas and Harrington and the 2nd rounder to get Wilcox and Hilario. Camby off the bench. Three year's that is a top line in the NBA with Wilcox at power forward, Hilario at center, and Camby off the bench.

Even if the Knicks pulled the trigger on that and got Wagner I'd be happy. Knicks will still contend without Thomas and Harrington and a 2nd rounder who wouldn't play.
i would give up thomas and harrington and the second rounder for the 6th pick.
martin
USA
6/20/2002  3:15 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by BigSm00th:

yes. Even Thomas, second rounder and Spoon would do too (Harrington has an out and may not be solid trade fodder for CLE).
martin
USA
6/20/2002  3:16 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by BigSm00th:

I would even think long and hard about Camby and the second rounder for the #6. Thoughts on Marcus to CLE?
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/20/2002  3:20 PM
Posted by martin:

We should know better his agent is a boxing promoter they know all the tricks to fixing things. No contact drills thats why you can't get carried away with what he did in NY. I'm not sold on Wilcox not one bit but if he puts on the Orange and Blue I will still root for him. I'm a Knicks fan first.
Caseloads
6/20/2002  4:44 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by BigSm00th:

I would even think long and hard about Camby and the second rounder for the #6. Thoughts on Marcus to CLE?
let's see if we can go a season without Marcus getting hurt.

Actually, i'd rather do Spoon and Thomas and the 2nd rounder to Cleveland for their #6. Get rid of our crap contracts. We'd have to take some salary back though. How about we grab secret of Mihm? remember that game he burned us for like 20+ points? I know NY hates big white stiffs though...
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/20/2002  5:00 PM
Layden should do whatever is in his power to secure Nene and Wilcox - or at least Wagner in this draft, without sacrificing Houston, Spree, or Camby - the rest are expendable. If he could pull that off, this team would get a lot younger, more athletic, need a year or 2 to adjust but their future would look pretty bright.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BigSm00th
USA
6/20/2002  5:17 PM
Camby is very expendable in my eyes. I've given up on him, praying for him to not get injured is like praying for Nuggets to make the playoffs next year. It's just not going to happen.

How about Camby, Thomas, and the 2nd rounder to the Cavs for Lamond Murray and Tyrone Hill. Camby and Thomas are both upgrades, Knicks can still be competitive even with Wilcox and Hilario manning the positions down low. Spend the exception on a big man like Jerome James and have a rotation of James, Harrington, Wilcox, and Hilario.
#Knickstaps
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/20/2002  5:21 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Camby is very expendable in my eyes. I've given up on him, praying for him to not get injured is like praying for Nuggets to make the playoffs next year. It's just not going to happen.

How about Camby, Thomas, and the 2nd rounder to the Cavs for Lamond Murray and Tyrone Hill. Camby and Thomas are both upgrades, Knicks can still be competitive even with Wilcox and Hilario manning the positions down low. Spend the exception on a big man like Jerome James and have a rotation of James, Harrington, Wilcox, and Hilario.

That is interesting that is something that I would consider. I have lost faith in Camby too, his game is just to weak and the fact he gets hurt all the time makes me want to trade him to anyone who has a first round pick.
bigboymumu
Member: #251
6/20/2002  6:47 PM
To get something, you must give up something. Let's try the trade scenarios again.
Caseloads
6/20/2002  6:56 PM
Posted by bigboymumu:

To get something, you must give up something. Let's try the trade scenarios again.
are you trying to say tyrone hill and lamond murray are anything? you've got to be kidding me man.

Camby, Thomas, Harrington, 2nd rounder for
Ty Hill (Played less games last season than Camby), Lamond Murray (never plays - would be the 4th SG on our team, behind Houston, Spree, Anderson), and the 6th pick?

I agree, we need to try and sign Jerome James this offseason.
BigSm00th
USA
6/20/2002  8:52 PM
I guess if we did the Thomas/Camby for Murray/Hill, we wouldn't put in the 2nd rounder. That'd be pretty fair.
#Knickstaps
bigboymumu
Member: #251
6/21/2002  10:58 AM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by bigboymumu:

are you trying to say tyrone hill and lamond murray are anything? you've got to be kidding me man.

Camby, Thomas, Harrington, 2nd rounder for
Ty Hill (Played less games last season than Camby), Lamond Murray (never plays - would be the 4th SG on our team, behind Houston, Spree, Anderson), and the 6th pick?

I agree, we need to try and sign Jerome James this offseason.
Actually, I was refering to the earlier proposals. The point was, #6 is more valuable this year than years past.(last year not included) Cleveland in recent history has had injury problems. If I was Cleveland GMs, I would not take Camby because of his history. Would you?

Knicks basically have 4 assets that can be used in a major trade. Spree, Houston, # 7 and to a lesser extent Camby. With the exception of the pick, all of them have a certain baggage hence the all the trade rumors. If I were in charge of the Knicks I would do one of two things. Determine whether or not I could make it to the playoffs. If I can then I do not make any big trades. Except if I could get rid of some contracts. If I cannot make the playoffs then what I do is start getting rid of contracts. First call I would make would be to Portland. I would ask for Pippen. His contract is over next year and I can take 25 million off of my books. They could have whomever they want from my team. Houston and Shandon have to be included though. However, I am sure they will ask for #7. Next I will contact Denver for Howard. Do whatever it takes to get him. Maybe reunite Spree with his very good friend. Again we take 20 million off of the books.

Basically, I believe last year was a fluke. Considering the state of the East, Knicks could make the playoffs. Jersey and Boston did it and I still believe the Knicks are still better than both those teams.
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
6/21/2002  11:26 AM
By the time this whole thing is over, there isn't gonna be any major trades. The Knicks will pick Wilcox with the #7, and a scrub who wont make the team w/ the #36. They'll sign a secondtier free agent w/ the midlevel exception and then will call it an off season. Ive been a Knicks fan for a while now, but just stating reality. Layden is too conservative to pull off any bold trade(s). We gotta start this makeover from the bottom up. Get rid of Layden.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/23/2002  3:13 PM
We need to pick Nene at seven and the only trade I would be interested in with Cleveland is Camby and Spre for Andre Miller for the #6.
BigSm00th
USA
6/23/2002  3:38 PM
So the Cavs get a 32 year old with 3 years and $40 mil on his contract and an injured center to add to their other injured centers. Not going to happen. I'd be happy with Hilario, Wilcox or Wagner
#Knickstaps
Hilario AND Wilcox

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy