[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What is up with all this Wagner talk?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2002  10:06 AM
Spree, Houston, Postel, Anderson, Jackson, Ward, Eisley. Those are the guys we have at the small positions and the NY beat writers continue to pump up Wagner, a player who would be second or third on every depth chart for NY and a duplicate five times over.

Dolan to beat writers: "Pump up Wilcox some and keep mentioning Wagner, who we have zero interest in, and we'll let you interview our players. Mention Nene once and you get cut off."
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
6/20/2002  10:36 AM
lol

Oh I wish there's some poker going on as I would love to get Nene.

The reason why I'm not hoping on wagner, setting aside his amazing talent, is that next years draft is a deep pointguard draft (while this years has alot of points too there are more second round PG's now while next year has more first round PG's).
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
6/20/2002  10:49 AM
Posted by martin:

Spree, Houston, Postel, Anderson, Jackson, Ward, Eisley. Those are the guys we have at the small positions and the NY beat writers continue to pump up Wagner, a player who would be second or third on every depth chart for NY and a duplicate five times over.

Dolan to beat writers: "Pump up Wilcox some and keep mentioning Wagner, who we have zero interest in, and we'll let you interview our players. Mention Nene once and you get cut off."
why don't we trade for the 8th pick from Clippers, we give them Thomas and Harrington and $3 mill cash, they give us some crap player like sean rooks or some crap like that and the 8th pick. That way we can get nene and wilcox.

if the clippers are giving the 12th pick away for $3 million and Zach Randolph, they should want KT a reliable solid back up PF that can play Center.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/20/2002  10:58 AM
Posted by martin:

I saw a highlights of Nene Hilario and the guy is a monster with his wingspan. He threw down a thunder dunk that left the rim shaking for a minute. It would be a big mistake to pass him up if he is available. I hope Dolan, Layden and Chaney get this right from the brief look I got this guy is going to dominate on defense and own the glass.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
6/20/2002  11:12 AM
A frontcourt of Nene and Wilcox with Camby as a backup would be phenominal, however I dont see it happening. It would take an extreme case of luck - and brains from Layden + Dolan. The odds are not in our favor.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
6/20/2002  12:11 PM
Yeah, I think Layden is just blowing smoke about the whole Wagner thing. But not fake smoke, he probably went to the press conference high, told the reporters how this team is pretty good and should contend for the Finals and could use Dajuan Wagner. The reporters then laughed and left and Dolan thought to himself what a great GM Layden was.
#Knickstaps
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/20/2002  12:32 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by martin:

why don't we trade for the 8th pick from Clippers, we give them Thomas and Harrington and $3 mill cash, they give us some crap player like sean rooks or some crap like that and the 8th pick. That way we can get nene and wilcox.

if the clippers are giving the 12th pick away for $3 million and Zach Randolph, they should want KT a reliable solid back up PF that can play Center.

This was kind of my hope too, Nene and Wilcox. Man, I would be willing to give up a lot (players, money, Knick cheerleader girls) for the eighth pick if both of those are available.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
6/22/2002  12:22 PM
The Knick city dancers are staying right where they are thanks very much!
We suck.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
6/22/2002  1:19 PM
Is there any validity in the Portland trade because I am certain that we could offer them a sweeter deal for their eighth or twelvth pick. We cant loose with any of those picks.
knicker for life
bigboymumu
Member: #251
6/22/2002  3:46 PM
Don't believe those rumors. The Knicks are going big in this draft.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
6/23/2002  3:06 PM
I wouldn't draft Nene and Wilcox though. I would only do that if I thought we could package Wilcox with maybe Charlie ward or mark jax for Andre Miller. If we had to consecutive picks, I would pick Nene and Dajuan wagner. Wagner could get schooled by Mark Jackson and become a great PG one day.

Wagner
Houston
Spreewell
Camby
Nene

We take over the east.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/24/2002  12:10 AM
Any of you read Frank Isola's article on how the Knicks and the Clippers have been discussing swapping their picks (#7 for #8 and #12)? I'd love for that trade to happen even though it has the CLippers picking Nene.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
6/24/2002  10:10 AM
Personally I feel as if the Clipps want Wagner. But if they pick Nene at 7 we still have options J Jeffries is just one.
knicker for life
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/24/2002  1:19 PM
Posted by MCfan23:

The Knick city dancers are staying right where they are thanks very much!

They were better than the Knicks last year.
What is up with all this Wagner talk?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy