[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

one of my cleanhouse trades
Author Thread
thomasdice
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #256
USA
6/20/2002  4:40 AM
It worked on realgm.com, and I don't think it's a bad trade for either team, in fact I really like it. Denver is in a precarious situation with McDyess, and a tedious situation as a ballclub. I believe they'd swing this. This trade just seems right.

Othella Harrington(PF/SF), Howard Eisley(PG), Kurt Thomas(PF), and a future 1st or 2nd rounder to Denver for Antonio McDyess(PF) and James Posey(SG).

Thomas would be their more than capable PF replacement,
Hardaway is getting old, and Eisley needs the minutes.

Nuggets are delaying the inevitable, Howard's contract expires after this year and they're likely to rebuild.

Harrington is better than their entire bench, and the only burden they're taking is Eisley's contract, but like I said, they need a PG anyway, maybe it's the right place at the right time for Eisley.

Harrington and Thomas both have three years left. In exchange, we get tremendous potential if McDyess plays like McDyess and Posey (both contracts expire in two years), who's a great backup to Houston, leaving Anderson to backup Spree.

You know Harrington and Thomas will be commendable and venerable players even on the Nuggets, and I just have a hunch Denver could be Eisley's chance to prove he's better than his statsheet.

I'd be excited to have McDyess, it's still the possibility of having three allstars on this ballclub again. And it would satisfy the suits because big names, even with big contracts or big injury prone = big money (jersey, etc.).

We need to face the facts. There's not many trades out there for the Knicks to make that have plausible star talent. We can stick with the bums, or take a chance at the fleeting opportunity. One of the only opportunities we have left in such a sullen time.

Let me know what your yays and nays, and list your pros and cons, fellow Knick fans.

Take care,
T.D.

p.s. - if this proposed trade was posted before in whole or in part, I apologize for the dupe, I just started posting here.

[Edited by - thomasdice on 06/20/2002 04:43:40]

[Edited by - thomasdice on 06/20/2002 05:34:03]
Jerome from Manhattan is my dad. Doris from Regal Park is my mother.
AUTOADVERT
thomasdice
USA
6/20/2002  4:56 AM
also,

forgot to mention about 7 players' contracts expire this offseason for the nuggets, including semi-large contracts such as scott williams' and voshon lenard's. So it's not like they're salary flogged anyway. the biggest contract on that denver team is only for 3 years (and that's held by past knick draft bust donnell harvey), everything else is 2 and 1 year remaining.

I think we should give kiki a call.
I'm very keen we could get this done.
nykfan37
Member: #118
6/20/2002  9:32 AM
#1 No way the Nuggets do this, They could get a lot more for Mcdyess and Posey.

#2 Nuggets also want to rebuild and won't take bad contracts
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/20/2002  9:52 AM
It's true Denver could get more for Mcdyess (if he gets healthy), but only Eisley's contract is bad...Kurt and Harrington are signed to reasonable deals.
Posted by nykfan37:

#1 No way the Nuggets do this, They could get a lot more for Mcdyess and Posey.

#2 Nuggets also want to rebuild and won't take bad contracts
PURE KNICKS LOVE
dmeesq
Member: #124
6/20/2002  12:30 PM
I've got a better trade with Denver.

Knicks give up Spree, Ward and #7 pick.

Denver gives up J. Howard and #5 pick.

This works on tradechecker; it clears up cap room, real quick, gets rid of Ward and assures NY that the draft pick they covet will be available to them. And by the way, in the East, Howard is still a fairly decent scorer who can give you qyality minutes for the next year, while Wilcox gets a chance to develop.

And as long as we're cleaning house, how about a nice simple trade with the Bucks. If Hilario is available at #13, how about a swap of Camby for the #13 pick. This too clears cap space and gets rid of a player who has never blossomed, despite all the potential linked to his name, and clearly a player that Ernie G. has always coveted.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/20/2002  2:08 PM
Posted by dmeesq:

And as long as we're cleaning house, how about a nice simple trade with the Bucks. If Hilario is available at #13, how about a swap of Camby for the #13 pick. This too clears cap space and gets rid of a player who has never blossomed, despite all the potential linked to his name, and clearly a player that Ernie G. has always coveted.
I don't think the Bucks would do it. Hilario would be perfect for the undersized Bucks and he would be just the defensive presence that the Bucks need. Camby even though Grunfeld likes him now knows that Camby is a health risk and probably won't take him the second time around.
thomasdice
USA
6/20/2002  2:09 PM
Nuggets don't want spree and spree don't want the nuggets.

he'll be another nick van exel, deploring his team there.
bigboymumu
Member: #251
6/20/2002  5:49 PM
Terrible trade. No way something that one-sided goes down.
one of my cleanhouse trades

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy