Knicks-Related Insider Tidbits
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
6/17/2002  1:00 PM
From Insider:
"Chris Wilcox really got the ball rolling this weekend with an impressive workout in New York against Melvin Ely and DeAngelo Collins.

The Knicks are drooling . . . "When you saw him play, he brought tremendous energy to the court offensively and defensively -- very active, runs the floor," GM Scott Layden told the Newark Star Ledger. "And what you saw here is he's improved his skills. If you go from his freshman year to today, you see great improvement. Great improvement. Clearly, he's a player who is willing to work. And that often times is the key." "

"Dajuan Wagner -- There's still a chance that Wagner could go as high as No. 5 to the Nuggets, but, the way the draft is playing out, it's looking more and more likely he could be in for a fall. Although teams have been impressed with his workouts, there are so many talented big men in this draft that the diminutive Wagner (he measured a disappointing 6' 3/4" in Chicago) could be in for a slide. The Nuggets like him, but it's beginning to look like either Butler or Drew Gooden will definitely fall to them. The Knicks like him, but won't take him if Gooden, Wilcox or Nene Hilario is on the board. The Heat may be interested, but they have Qytnel Woods and Jared Jeffries rated higher. It's not inconceivable that Wagner is on the board when the Wizards' pick at No. 11. Would MJ take a gamble on Wagner? The need a point guard and scoring in the worst way. . . Wagner has the potential to give them both."

"Chris Wilcox -- After sitting out of workouts before Chicago with a pulled hamstring, agent Rock Newman finally got Wilcox to show up and pound the hell out straw man Jermaine Williams in Chicago. That was just a taste of what was to come. Wilcox went toe to toe with Fresno State's Melvin Ely in New York Saturday and left teams blown away. His athleticism and defensive tenacity have the Knicks drooling at No. 7. Will he even be around then? The Cavs are also looking for a power forward at No. 6."
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
K9
Member: #242
USA
6/17/2002  1:12 PM
WILCOX IS 6'9 218LBS !!! WHAT IS EVERYONE EXCITED ABOUT ??? UNDERSIZED, SKINNY & NO OFFENSE !!! CAN YOU SAY CAMBY !!! DRAFT WAGNER & TRADE SPREWELL & THOMAS FOR ANOTHER 1ST RD PICK. ( LIKE ATLANTA, CLIPPERS OR MEMPHIS ) MEMPHIS is considering trading their #4 pick & garbage to MIAMI FOR EDDIE JONES, I THINK SPREWELL & THOMAS IS A BETTER PACKAGE THAN EDDIE JONES & IS CHEAPER TOO !!! WE NEED 2 PICKS IN THE TOP 12 IN A BAD WAY !!!
BigSm00th
USA
6/17/2002  1:51 PM
According to NBA.com, he's 6 foot 10, 221. Memphis was going to trade Swift and Anderson for Jones, but that was scratched since West realized he could do better, there was never any talk of the Grizz trading the 4th pick. Sprewell + Thomas = Overpaid, undersize, aging talent. Sprewell is 31, big contract, starting to fade, Thomas is 6 foot 8. Enough said, that's not going to get you Lamar Odom and the 8th from the Clips. I'd love for the Knicks to get Wagner, he's going to be a great player, I was just posting information related to the Knicks/Chris Wilcox. Bottom line, if you compare Wilcox to Camby, you just don't watch enough (or any) basketball.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 06/17/2002 13:55:39]
#Knickstaps
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/17/2002  2:07 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

According to NBA.com, he's 6 foot 10, 221. Memphis was going to trade Swift and Anderson for Jones, but that was scratched since West realized he could do better, there was never any talk of the Grizz trading the 4th pick. Sprewell + Thomas = Overpaid, undersize, aging talent. Sprewell is 31, big contract, starting to fade, Thomas is 6 foot 8. Enough said, that's not going to get you Lamar Odom and the 8th from the Clips. I'd love for the Knicks to get Wagner, he's going to be a great player, I was just posting information related to the Knicks/Chris Wilcox. Bottom line, if you compare Wilcox to Camby, you just don't watch enough (or any) basketball.

The one trade that I like is Spree, Thomas, Camby for Odom, luggage, #8 & #12. LAC gets defense and veteran players while the Knicks get rebuilt.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigSm00th
USA
6/17/2002  2:20 PM
I'd love that too, but Layden's said he doesn't think they need to rebuild. I don't know what planet he's on (maybe the same with Amare Stottlemire, Chris Borchard, and others) but they need to rebuild. Having 7, 8, and 12 in this draft would be great.
#Knickstaps
bigboymumu
Member: #251
6/17/2002  6:24 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by BigSm00th:

The one trade that I like is Spree, Thomas, Camby for Odom, luggage, #8 & #12. LAC gets defense and veteran players while the Knicks get rebuilt.

Clippers want to trade Odom strictly because of financial reasons. This deal would be entirely too much salary to absorb for the Clippers.
VG
Member: #68
Australia
6/17/2002  7:46 PM
Posted by bigboymumu:
Posted by martin:
Posted by BigSm00th:

Clippers want to trade Odom strictly because of financial reasons. This deal would be entirely too much salary to absorb for the Clippers.

You're right. In this trade the Clippers would be taking on about $25 mill so that is way too much fillers for them.
Knicks-Related Insider Tidbits

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy